Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2015, 06:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

yes I see that and yes I meant that picture.
Old 08-13-2015, 02:48 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm not sure why she was left off the cover! It's very unfair though

'People that are meant to be together always find their way in the end'
BrookeღLucas l EdwardღBella l RonღHermione l RyanღTaylor
avi: NOLA504
Old 08-13-2015, 06:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I know.
Old 08-13-2015, 01:11 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by falling slowly (View Post)
I'm not sure why she was left off the cover! It's very unfair though
Remember my post from a few days ago when I said they tried to hide Meredith Monroe?

Season one Michelle Williams was second on the credits. From season two on Katie Holmes was moved up to second. The network was starting to promote Katie as their breakout star.

Meredith Monroe was becoming very popular. Magazine covers, commercials etc.

Meredith stayed around for season three and let go episode 6 or 7 the fourth season. The official line was, they had no further story arcs for her except going with Dawson. Now if you believe that I'll sell you a bridge.Meredith was popular and in IMHO, a better actress and all around better looking than Katie Holmes, when not made up as Andie. They did slip a few times.

So they bought out Meredith's contract and essentially erased her. If anyone should be on the cover of the season two DVD, it is Meredith. It was her season, but no she wasn't shown and the same for season three. Ask your self why did they ignore a major character on the series? And why did they let her go and eat the remainder of her contract?

They tried to make it look like she didn't exist. The rival for Katie Holmes was gone. Also IMHO the destruction of Andie in season three was done to make her look bad, so the fangirls would stop liking her.

It is a fact the network was pushing Katie Holmes. It is a fact that Meredith Monroe left under fishy circumstances and was quite pissed about it, according to Paul Stupin.

So I came up with the conclusion; they wanted Meredith gone.

And to me the only reason they wanted Meredith gone was to stop the attention that was being taken from Katie Holmes.

Meredith herself has been pretty vague as to why she was let go.

Meredith is a highly competent actress with over 70 roles to her credit, and I have never heard anyone say anything bad about her, in fact most of her co-stars relate at how friendly and how easy she is to work with.

So that is why I came up with that theory.

And no, I'm not suggesting Katie Holmes was behind anything.
Old 08-15-2015, 04:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for letting us know, I think it's very telling especially when you read things like this :

17. Michelle Williams was often insecure about not getting enough screen time.
She later explained, “The show as primarily a love triangle between Dawson, Pacey, and Joey. For the most part. At times I felt, ‘What’s not good enough about me? Am I doing something wrong?” Flipping through the script you’re only in three pages, ‘Oh, boy. Okay.’ And maybe I had questions about why that was.” Van Der Beek helped her through these times by reminding her that her career would be easier because she would be the least associated with the show in the future.

x

It was all about those 3, it's like Jen, Jack and mainly Andie barely existed
Old 08-15-2015, 08:48 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyndie57 (View Post)
Thanks for letting us know, I think it's very telling especially when you read things like this :

She later explained, “The show as primarily a love triangle between Dawson, Pacey, and Joey. For the most part. At times I felt, ‘What’s not good enough about me? Am I doing something wrong?” Flipping through the script you’re only in three pages, ‘Oh, boy. Okay.’ And maybe I had questions about why that was.” Van Der Beek helped her through these times by reminding her that her career would be easier because she would be the least associated with the show in the future.

x

The original premise of the series seasons one and two was the triangle between Jen/Dawson/Joey. Which girl would Dawson choose. The home town girl with the long crush on him or the fast girl from the big city.

So in season three when they had Pacey and Joey kiss they changed the whole premise of the show. It was now Pacey/Katie/Dawson. For all practical purposes Jen and Andie were no longer really needed.

Most TV series when they are formed sign their main characters to six year contracts. Meredith Monroe was most likely signed to a two year contract at the end of season two as she was no an original character in the series. So Meredith was a lot easier to buy out then Jens. Notice even after Meredith left season four her name stayed in the credits till the end of the season.

Paul Stupin as said Meredith was not very happy about being let go (To her credit, she has never said anything about it) and when they wanted her back for the graduation episode season four, she basically told them to kiss her A@@ Stupin also said they had to do a lot of A@@ kissing to get her to come back.

When she came back 6th season it was at the behest of Kevin Williams, whom she liked and he liked her and there was no problem, in fact she went out of her way to come back, even for one day, as KW originally wanted her for 2 or 3 weeks.

This is when Andie and Pacey had that great scene in the cafeteria that was cut from the TV version.

Essentially after season four the show was Joey's Creek, where all the characters revolved around her. Actually IMHO, Pacey, Dawson, Jen and Jack were not really needed.

The series started heading for Joey's Creek season three.

Michelle had every reason to be insecure. They even had a guy kick Jen to the curb for Joey.

Last edited by TL22; 08-16-2015 at 12:52 PM
Old 08-16-2015, 12:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:

x

This interested me as well, especially since Jen has always been one of my favorite characters

'People that are meant to be together always find their way in the end'
BrookeღLucas l EdwardღBella l RonღHermione l RyanღTaylor
avi: NOLA504
Old 08-18-2015, 01:09 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I never knew that Meredith was that popular but I wasn't in fandom then.

I figured Katie was the most popular based on what I saw not on the net.

That's awful what was done to her.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 08-18-2015, 08:58 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime Bee (View Post)
I never knew that Meredith was that popular but I wasn't in fandom then.

I figured Katie was the most popular based on what I saw not on the net.

That's awful what was done to her.
Katie was more popular than Meredith, probably by a fairly large margin, but Meredith was gaining in popularity. There was no competition between the actress, but the network had Katie picked as the IT girl not Meredith.

Meredith Monroe Ford commercial

Meredith Monroe magazine cover.

There are more commercials and magazine covers.
Old 08-18-2015, 10:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I love Meredith in most of the movies she's done. I didn't know that about Jen that she wasn't needed? really and apparently Andie wasn't either.
Old 08-20-2015, 02:22 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I did always feel like Jen and Jack both were pushed to the side and never had any good story lines.

It's sad that Michelle felt that way. I'm glad James was there for her.

It's really not that hard though to write story lines in a drama for a lot of characters.

We see it all the time on other shows.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Last edited by Jaime Bee; 08-20-2015 at 02:32 PM
Old 08-20-2015, 08:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I hadn't heard that Meredith was pissed about being let go, but I had heard that she didn't want to leave and was disappointed. And if it's true about Meredith not wanting to come back and only did because Kevin asked her, then I a super disappointed that her S6 scenes did not make it to TV. That's a shame.

Although we are getting a little OT, I will make this comment. I thought Jen and Jack had pretty good storylines and felt Jack had a strong presence in the show considering he wasn't one of the front runners when the show started and only joined in S2. But that's a discussion for another thread.

icon credit: crash landing
Old 08-21-2015, 06:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think they had good storylines as well. I love the heartstripe comment in 2.01.
Old 08-21-2015, 08:00 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime Bee (View Post)
I did always feel like Jen and Jack both were pushed to the side and never had any good story lines.

It's sad that Michelle felt that way. I'm glad James was there for her.

It's really not that hard though to write story lines in a drama for a lot of characters.

We see it all the time on other shows.
I think Josh may of had it worse than Michelle. He only seemed to be front and center when he was paired with Joey. His character was made to be the peputual screwup and his character and family background was the least explored.

Last edited by Speedychatterbox; 08-21-2015 at 10:10 AM
Old 08-21-2015, 10:16 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:

x

Well, Michelle has an academy award and is respected as an actress, so maybe James had a point.

Last edited by Speedychatterbox; 08-21-2015 at 10:52 AM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread