Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2012, 12:41 PM
Loyal Fan

in the end, no matter what couple end up together
i wish that there would be no guessing!

The writers should have had a clear vision on what the relationships d/j & p/j meant, so it would be more clear. Writing it all down and shooting it in less than a week is ridiculous!

They had freakin 6 seasons to tell these stories....!!
Old 08-30-2012, 12:53 PM
Obsessed Fan

I know right, the finale didn't end with a very satisfying resolution.

Did they really write it and shoot it within a week??

Previously, 'WileyDairyGnome'
Old 08-30-2012, 01:55 PM
Loyal Fan

they rewritten and shot it in a week ( i remember reading)
Old 08-30-2012, 03:27 PM
Loyal Fan

I am sorry I offended anyone by saying No Question. I just meant that in my mind it isn't even a question. To me Pacey and Joey are incomparable. that is just my opinion.

As far as saying that pacey and joey didn't have a connection in season 5 after they broke up, I think that is very mistaken. They had a super emotional, heart-wrenching breakup, of course their relationship is going to be different for a while. They don't know how to be around each other and not be together. And it is clear on pacey's face when joey comes and sees him on the boat in boston for the first time in s5 that there connection is fully alive. his face lit up.

ClarksonFan I agree with you 100%. Pacey and Joey were so real and that is why I fall in love with a couple (for the most part). Dawson and Joey could never meet their own expectations for themselves as a couple, like you said it was like their fantasy.

I also definitely feel that joey connected with pacey in every level. Just because pacey wasn't as book smart as joey does not mean they didn't connect intellectually. They fought, so what. They fought because they cared. Real relationships aren't roses and sunshine every single second. I think clarksonfan really summed it up the best. that pacey and joey felt so real, and that is why for me they are my couple to end all be all. And in all my television shows the couples I ship are the ones that just feel real to me.

Jenley <3
icon credit: Linsxx3
Old 08-30-2012, 04:30 PM
New Fan

Rorygirl, I promise I wasn't offended by you saying 'NO QUESTION'; I just really didn't agree with you. I don't mind that others don't agree with me on this issue. All my friends are Joey/Pacey shippers, and think I'm wrong. But, I am sure they are wrong.

Let me try to explain where a lot of us Dawson/Joey supporters are coming from regarding Joey/Pacey: we don't think that it felt real at all, or that their relationship was a particularly good one. They went out for a year (about a year anyway), had great sexual chemistry (at the start), liked each other, but fought constantly, as in every single week, and every single week the real cause of the fight would be: Dawson. That is not a realistic relationship in my view, that is a seriously dysfunctional one. True Love, if there is such a thing, can't be found in a relationship where one person feels like 'nothing' because of the relationship. They had a very horrible breakup. Also, true love would not lead one party to have absolutely no reaction to the fact that her former boyfriend is now in a relationship and having sex with her roommate. That's not even approaching reality - that's just nutty, unless...Joey is not really in love with Pacey. She doesn't feel uncomfortable around him she just feels, yes, I've moved on. In fact, that is what she tells him later on, and she is a bit surprised that he hasn't (and he tells her that the fact that she moved on so quickly really upset him. He says something like: 'I didn't expect you to be sad forever the way you have been since breaking up with Dawson, but a couple of months would have been good). Sad to say - which would also explain why, when they briefly got back together in Season 6, she had no problem dumping him for a guy who wasn't even Dawson, and tell Pacey, 'even when things are perfect (ie, even when Dawson is completely out of the picture) being with you just doesn't feel right'. 'I'm not feeling it', she declares to him. That is not true love as far as Joey/Pacey is concerned.

Real relationships don't get into fights about a previous relationship constantly, or if they do, that relationship is on the road to nowhere.

And here's the real difficulty I have: Pacey seems to worship Joey, not treat her as a real person. He sees her as some kind of goddess. In fact, I think he says something like that to Dawson i the final episode, and Dawson looks at him as if he is a bit crazy. Pacey holds Joey on a pedestal, and that is partly why he feels so insecure around her. No one would feel good enough to be with an angel. This is not a real relationship, it is a dysfunctional one.

This , then, is how a lot of Dawson/Joey supporters see the whole Pacey/Joey thing: Pacey is in love with a version of Joey that doesn't exist, Joey as goddess, and this messes his head up; Joey is kind of in love with Pacey because he needs her so much and he is a loveable guy, but she thinks he isn't really up to her level. This is a really bad basis for a relationship.
Old 12-27-2013, 04:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by WileyDairyGnome (View Post)
Once again, well-said jarlath1.

I don't ship either D/J or P/J.

With D/J, I like them being best friends. I feel like that was the point of the show, to show how after everything they went through, they still ended up being best friends, soulmates.

And with P/J, just no. I feel like Pacey could do so much better than Joey (ahem, Andie). P/J are always going through problems and arguments, and like jarlath said, I just cannot see them being together in a long and happy life in the future. True Love? I don't think so, there's too much conflict between them to be classified as True Love. And in Season 5 after they broke up, they had no connection. It was like their relationship together never happened, you know? If they were True Love, there would have still been something there, but there wasn't.

Pandie on the other hand... Okay sorry, this thread isn't about them so I won't get into it.
agreed. I don't like Joey with anyone tbh. Dawson was good with Jen.
Old 12-27-2013, 11:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I feel Dawson and Joey were destined to be friends. Dawson kept holding onto the girl from his youth and never really let her go, so that relationship was never believable even when they did try it and when they were together, it all seemed so forced.

Pacey and Joey had great chemistry and part of their spark was the fact that they fought, but it only made their relationship stronger and more believable. I didn't really like how the writers made it appear like they never had that strong connection when S5 started and the whole it's okay to date my roommate thing was just weird, but I chalk that up to how Pacey and Joey ended their relationship. She was crushed, but at the same time she cared enough about him to let him find his own way and that comes from the fact that they shared so much history prior to being a couple, after all they were friends/rivals first.

I do agree with the Dawson and Jen comment. They were good together in S5 and I think that is the only time I actually liked Dawson.

Last edited by JJH85; 12-28-2013 at 12:02 AM
Old 03-10-2014, 05:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
I feel Dawson and Joey were destined to be friends. Dawson kept holding onto the girl from his youth and never really let her go, so that relationship was never believable even when they did try it and when they were together, it all seemed so forced.

Pacey and Joey had great chemistry and part of their spark was the fact that they fought, but it only made their relationship stronger and more believable. I didn't really like how the writers made it appear like they never had that strong connection when S5 started and the whole it's okay to date my roommate thing was just weird, but I chalk that up to how Pacey and Joey ended their relationship. She was crushed, but at the same time she cared enough about him to let him find his own way and that comes from the fact that they shared so much history prior to being a couple, after all they were friends/rivals first.

I do agree with the Dawson and Jen comment. They were good together in S5 and I think that is the only time I actually liked Dawson.
I've never seen any other couple fight and make up over the same issue as much as PJo did. IMO I found them annoying and I don't think they're believable or had much of a connection. I didn't like Joey. she was very whiny and I don't like how she treats pacey most of the time. As I've said, I'm neutral on her pairings and may be one of the few people who thinks he deserves better than her. just because they dated in high school doesn't mean they should have been endgame is all I'm saying.
Old 03-10-2014, 06:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclarexdelena (View Post)
I've never seen any other couple fight and make up over the same issue as much as PJo did. IMO I found them annoying and I don't think they're believable or had much of a connection. I didn't like Joey. she was very whiny and I don't like how she treats pacey most of the time. As I've said, I'm neutral on her pairings and may be one of the few people who thinks he deserves better than her. just because they dated in high school doesn't mean they should have been endgame is all I'm saying.
Although I may have been routing for Pacey and Joey, it was more about Pacey being happy and if they had written it differently and Pacey got his happy ending, I would have been okay with that. I still don't think I would have liked a Dawson/Joey endgame unless they rewrote their history all through the show.

icon credit: crash landing
Old 03-10-2014, 06:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Although I may have been routing for Pacey and Joey, it was more about Pacey being happy and if they had written it differently and Pacey got his happy ending, I would have been okay with that. I still don't think I would have liked a Dawson/Joey endgame unless they rewrote their history all through the show.
understandable, but that's only my opinion. I think pacey and andie should have been endgame, but again only my opinion.
Old 03-11-2014, 08:09 AM
Master Fan

I think Pacey was constantly the worst version of himself with Joey. I used to be strictly DJ and Anti PJ. For a small while I really rooted for PJ at the end of season 3. I WANTED her to choose Pacey. I felt something for them that I didn't want to feel.

Then season 4 came about. I don't feel that constant fighting makes a good relationship. Obviously it is not going to be sunshine and roses. I know this. I have been married for 10.5 years, and been with my husband for 16.5 years. I know how to have a successful relationship. Season 4 PJ just didn't have it. Season 6 they had a spark when they were locked in K-Mart (while he was getting condoms to score with someone else) and decided to try again. I saw some mild chemistry there, but couldn't look past the reason they were in there to begin with. Then the finale.... once again the spark happens because of another woman. Pacey uses Joey to make his married mistress jealous. It worked. Maybe it reawakened his feelings, but I just didn't see it. Suddenly they are ready to spend the rest of their lives together, but I don't get how they arrived there.
Old 03-11-2014, 03:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Unfaithful~ (View Post)
I think Pacey was constantly the worst version of himself with Joey. I used to be strictly DJ and Anti PJ. For a small while I really rooted for PJ at the end of season 3. I WANTED her to choose Pacey. I felt something for them that I didn't want to feel.

Then season 4 came about. I don't feel that constant fighting makes a good relationship. Obviously it is not going to be sunshine and roses. I know this. I have been married for 10.5 years, and been with my husband for 16.5 years. I know how to have a successful relationship. Season 4 PJ just didn't have it. Season 6 they had a spark when they were locked in K-Mart (while he was getting condoms to score with someone else) and decided to try again. I saw some mild chemistry there, but couldn't look past the reason they were in there to begin with. Then the finale.... once again the spark happens because of another woman. Pacey uses Joey to make his married mistress jealous. It worked. Maybe it reawakened his feelings, but I just didn't see it. Suddenly they are ready to spend the rest of their lives together, but I don't get how they arrived there.
I agree Sara. I'm pretty neutral on both of joeys pairings. but for the most part, they annoyed me. and yes season 3 I liked them actually. At least they had some good buildup and chemistry ngl. I have seen adults and couples (the other ones that I ship) fight, but not like PJo did over the same issue as was below mentioned. Just because they had the most time as a couple doesn't mean they should be endgame. if my boyfriend embarrassed me like that, we'd be over, not getting back together. I knew a girl that happened to and she was done with her bf. I do think season 6 they had some nice moments, but still. I think he can do better then joey.
Old 03-11-2014, 04:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarlath1 (View Post)
I can't let a statement like Pacey + Joey = True Love. NO Question, go without a challenge.

Of course there are questions, since quite a large body of the show's fans think that this was a serious mistake by the writers. Not a majority of the fans, I accept, but such a large number that there will always be serious questions standing over the show. Kevin Williamson admits, in interviews and in the commentary for the final episodes, that he understood that a huge body of the fans would be very disappointed by the ending and would not accept it. He says, in fact, that his father and one of his sisters told him that he was wrong to end it the way he had. So, plenty of questions.

It seems like a lot of people just didn't like Dawson, and couldn't care about what happened to him. Well, that is fair enough - he was a character who appealed to a smaller section than Pacey, and in Season 3 the writers did a number of him (which they tried to come back from, but it never really worked). What I ask is that people look at the show as objectively as possible and ask themselves: will Pacey and Joey work? and, Is a Pacey/Joey ending the right one for this series? I just don't buy the ending, it doesn't make any sense when looked at in terms of the show as a whole, and I fear that Pacey will have a broken heart again somewhere very soon in his fictional future.
This I agree with.
Old 03-11-2014, 04:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm curious about the comments being made about PJo and not about DJo. It's okay to have those PJo opinions, but you didn't mention DJo. So if you didn't like PJo, does that mean you did like DJo. There isn't much chatter about them at all.

icon credit: crash landing
Old 03-11-2014, 04:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I'm curious about the comments being made about PJo and not about DJo. It's okay to have those PJo opinions, but you didn't mention DJo. So if you didn't like PJo, does that mean you did like DJo. There isn't much chatter about them at all.
I didn't like either, I was neutral I think I said that.