Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2003, 12:20 PM
Loyal Fan

DC general questions thread

I noticed a lot of threads that started to ask simple questions lately so I thought this might be helpful. I myself sometimes have questions and don't know where to post.

Would this be a good place to ask all related DC questions.

Here are the rules I propose:
1. reserved for asking and answering questions.
2. there are no stupid questions.
3. please don't comment on questions just answer.
4. also it would be helpful to quote the question in your answer incase it was a while back in the thread.

Attn Mods: I hope this kind of thread is ok.

I'll start with a question of my own: Who is older? Andie or Jack?

Go Tar Heels!!
Old 07-18-2003, 12:22 PM
Master Fan

I was *just* thinking a thread like this may come in handy. Lets hope people use it.
Old 07-18-2003, 12:28 PM
Dedicated Fan

Hey, billibhoney!

Great idea. Like you, I've noticed a lot of threads opened just asking one question, so this is a perfect way to just have one thread to answer all of them.

And to answer your question, Jack is older, by one year. Don't ask me why they were in the same grade. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

ETA: Here's some dialouge, with Andie joking about how she's really the "older" sibling:

Andie: But, do you realize that next year is gonna be the first year ever that we'e not gonna be in the same school together?

Jack: (laughs) Hey. I tried to start kindergarten without you.

Andie: What? That is such a story that mom and dad told you. And besides, how could your version of the story possibly be true when evrybody knows, it's a fact that I, the more responsible one, am definitely the older sibling in this relationship.

Jack: Heh!

D&J2gether4ever

[ 07-18-2003: Message edited D&J2gether4ever ]
Old 07-18-2003, 12:43 PM
Loyal Fan

Thanks! I hope people make use of it too.

Ok, I won't ask you but can anyone else explain why they were in the same grade?

Go Tar Heels!!
Old 07-18-2003, 12:49 PM
Dedicated Fan

Hey, billibhoney!

If I had to take a guess, I would say that thier parents decided to hold Jack back one year from kindergarten, so that he could start with Andie. So they could be on equal footing, and could help each other in the classes they were going through together. But if anyone else has another theory, please feel free to let me know! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

D&J2gether4ever
Old 07-18-2003, 12:58 PM
Part-Time Fan

Ok...Here are some questions..

1. Do any of the cast, producers or writers still reside in Wilmington?

2. What months did shooting of the show usually take place.

3. Say they made an episode...How many weeks or months did it take for them to use it?

4. Does anyone have any stories of seeing the cast and crew around town or anywhere else?

[ 07-18-2003: Message edited dcforme ]
Old 07-18-2003, 01:03 PM
MST Manager

This is a good idea, billibhoney. Thanks for starting it. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-18-2003, 01:14 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by dcforme:
<STRONG>Ok...Here are some questions..

1. Do any of the cast, producers or writers still reside in Wilmington?

[ 07-18-2003: Message edited dcforme ]</STRONG>
I heard that Josh is keeping a place out there.

Go Tar Heels!!
Old 07-18-2003, 01:15 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
2. What months did shooting of the show usually take place.
Im not positive but if I remember they normally started shooting in the late summer and got a good 2 month head start on the season and they filmed until mid to late April.

Quote:
3. Say the made an episode...How many weeks or months did they use it?
Uh, I dont know what this really means. Do you mean how long did it take to shoot one episode? Normally one week but could could take longer.

Quote:
4. Does anyone have any stories of seeing the cast and crew around town or anywhere else?
You could probably get some stories from people who went there far more often than me but I visited once and met up with Josh Jackson on the beach with his dog. Also saw Kerr driving his little red porsche around town. Many people have said that they've seem different cast members at bars and restaurants.
Old 07-18-2003, 01:20 PM
Absolute Fan

I think filming for season four and five wrapped at the end of March. Only season six seemed to require an extra month of filming.
Old 07-18-2003, 01:48 PM
MST Manager

Oops! I just found an existing DC Question Thread here.

It appears to be the same, perhaps? Oh well. It was on the last page anyway. Either thread can stay open, I guess. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Yeah, I am bored at work. LOL! That's why I was on page 5 of this board.
Old 07-18-2003, 05:05 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by billibhoney:
<STRONG>Ok, I won't ask you but can anyone else explain why they were in the same grade?</STRONG>
I'd imagine that Andie skipped a grade, she had like a genius IQ and got into Harvard and all.

“A car is not a bedroom on wheels!”-Kitty, That 70’s Show
Old 07-18-2003, 10:03 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by billibhoney:
<STRONG>Ok, I won't ask you but can anyone else explain why they were in the same grade?</STRONG>
Hmmm well it was never really explained... I mean the only clue was that in one episode Jack said:

"I tried to start Kindergarden without you" so I would take that as him being older then Andie and being force to wait a year to be in the same grade as her... however -- it was never confirmed nor denied so basically anything that sounds kind of true or has something to back it up could be true! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

-Monica-

Booth Brennan
Old 07-19-2003, 05:54 AM
Loyal Fan

Looks like we're keeping this new one open
[img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks for the Jack Andie clarification. I think I get it now.

Ok. I thought about something else. Does anyone know why the actor that played Bodie changed after the pilot?

Go Tar Heels!!
Old 07-19-2003, 07:44 AM
Total Fan

Hi! Great idea billibhoney! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] I have a question regarding Jen. I don't know if any1 could awnser this, but why was it that Jen never had a real steady love interest (besides Henry, and C.J)?, and why she always seemed to be unlucky with love?

[ 07-19-2003: Message edited amore85 ]