JenMixelle
Emily
Cris
MissMi
magdzik2000
True Daisy lover
Ellie Cameron
KatieNap

If anyone wants to be added to the shipper list, just let me know!

I decided to open this thread because I couldn't find one anywhere and as much as I love discussing the couples of the show, I find myself wanting to discuss the show in general. I hope everyone enjoys and if you have a video or fanart that you think I should add, just let me know. Please... any videos or fanarts are cool. Couple vids, friendship vids, angst, anger.. WHATEVER! just let me know!

Last edited by Touldengal; 01-17-2008 at 01:51 PM
Old 01-02-2008, 03:32 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for the new thread, Shira!

Is it possible for you to add some of the videos I've made to the list? If so, I'll drudge up the URLs.

Thanks!
Old 01-02-2008, 03:40 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy (View Post)
Thanks for the new thread, Shira!

Is it possible for you to add some of the videos I've made to the list? If so, I'll drudge up the URLs.

Thanks!
yeah for sure.
let me know which ones and i can put them in.
Old 01-02-2008, 03:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hey my little Shhshh.

Could you add my other Pandie vid too, since that one looks so lonely all by itself.

YouTube - Pacey and Andie-Each Other

And here's a general DC vid I made if you'd like to add it too. Up to you

YouTube - Dawson's Creek-Hand In My Pocket
Visit DCook & AI
Old 01-02-2008, 06:34 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuazgirl128 (View Post)
Hey my little Shhshh.

Could you add my other Pandie vid too, since that one looks so lonely all by itself.

YouTube - Pacey and Andie-Each Other

And here's a general DC vid I made if you'd like to add it too. Up to you

YouTube - Dawson's Creek-Hand In My Pocket
done
Old 01-04-2008, 03:18 AM
Elite Fan

I need to take some time to watch all those videos...being a multishipper is a fulltime job

I would hate to miss another boat
Old 01-04-2008, 12:10 PM
Passionate Fan

love the title.. one of my favorite lines... gah! i love this show!!

_jan_ - "I'd-go-gay-for-V" *proud and loud*
Old 01-04-2008, 05:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by youvegotwings (View Post)
...being a multishipper is a fulltime job
Amen to that! Now if only it was a paying job!
Old 01-05-2008, 02:48 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by starzscarme (View Post)
Amen to that! Now if only it was a paying job!
I would be in heaven

Old 01-11-2008, 09:24 PM
Elite Fan

Mandy, I added your vids. they're great BTW. the only thing is that "Walk This Way" does not work.
Old 01-11-2008, 09:41 PM
Administrator

Okay, since this the General Discussion thread, here’s something to discuss: What are your favorite moments from each season?

Here are my favorite moments from each season:

Season One: Escape From New York: In this scene, Dawson and Pacey had brought a drunken Joey home from a party, and Dawson talked to the sleeping Joey in words that came right from his heart:

“This is probably the wrong time to tell you this but ummm well, maybe it's the perfect time. I realize how incredibly confusing things are between us. I can't even begin to explain our relationship. You probably can't either. But ummm, I just want you to know that umm, if you ever need me, I'll always be here for you. All you ever have to do is ask.”

Then, Joey tenderly touched Dawson’s face and kissed him, and it was a kiss filled with the sweetest type of pure love, and she then fell back asleep, and Dawson had an expression of utter amazement on his face that was so moving to watch. The combination of Dawson’s sweet words, and the tender and loving way that Joey touched Dawson’s face and kissed him really touched my heart.

Season Two: A Perfect Wedding: I thought that Dawson’s sweet and loving support of Joey as she faced her mixed emotions and long suppressed feelings about her father’s return, and her fear that he would hurt her again showed what a wonderful friend he was to her, and I can’t say enough about how wonderful and moving that scene was.

Joey: I'm just really scared. I just get him back and what if he hurts me again? I can't keep getting my heart broken by him.
Dawson: Joey...
Joey: I can't...
Dawson: I think in the back of your mind, you've always felt that as soon as your father got back, everything would be fine. Life would be perfect. I think your father probably felt the same way, too. As soon as he got back he could just clean up every mess, right every wrong, but ...he can't. You two are both suffering under the burden of such impossibly high expectations right now and all this hurt and pain and anger that you're feeling isn't going to just disappear ...and that's okay.
Dawson: Joey, for these past three years you have been so unbelievably strong. I mean, you've let the petty gossips and judgments of this town roll right off you. Don't let them get to you now. (pauses) Now’s the time to dig in your heels and show them that you have absolutely nothing to be ashamed of. And...you're not alone in this. You have a father now. You have a family again. And you will always...have me.

Then, at the end of the episode, I loved Joey’s beautiful words to Dawson:
Joey: So, thank you.
Dawson: For what?
Joey: For being my friend, for understanding me better than anyone, and for putting up with me for the last 16 years. I love you.

Season Three: Crime And Punishment: I loved the way Dawson stuck up for Pacey and defended his actions on Joey’s behalf when she spoke harshly about him at the end of the episode saying:

“Joey, that someone is that room right now because he's got a hell of a lot more than a “shred” of concern. Joey, why are you doing this?” Then when Joey answered: “Doing what?” Dawson answered her: “Casting aspersions on people who obviously care about you. Would you really think that I don’t want the best for you? I mean, Pacey. I mean, Pacey's a lot of things… impulsive, thoughtless, stubborn. But after everything that's happened this year, can you honestly doubt for a second that he doesn’t truly care about you?”

If anyone ever says that Dawson and Pacey weren’t really friends, I’d simply like to point them to that episode.

Season Four: Four Stories: I loved Dawson and Gretchen’s interaction in this episode, and I thought that Gretchen was so wonderfully supportive to Dawson as he dealt with the death of his mentor Mr. Brooks, and the words she spoke to Dawson about Mr. Brooks in “Four Stories” moved me to tears, and it made me absolutely love Gretchen’s character. Dawson was bitter because Mr. Brooks had basically died alone, with only him and Grams to mourn him, and Gretchen said just the right things to make him feel better:

Dawson: Look around you. This is it. This is an entire life. It all comes down to this. Stuff. Stuff. A garage full of stuff.
Gretchen: Now you're starting to sound like him.
Dawson: Which is exactly what scares me. Because at some point he just decided it was easier to stop caring. And he did. And by the time he woke up it was too late. What’s to prevent any of us from ending up like that?
Gretchen: That's not you, Dawson. That would never be you.
Gretchen: When you remember Brooks, remember that great, big thumping heart of his. Remember how sweet he was to Grams. Remember how when he saw us under the mistletoe he told you to ‘quit flirting and kiss her already’. Remember that guy, Dawson.

What a wonderful girlfriend Gretchen was.

Season Five: High Anxiety: Now it gets tougher, because I hated Season Five, but I would have to say the scene at the train station scene between Dawson and Joey was my favorite moment of that season. It was really the last time, for me at least, that I got to see how Dawson and Joey were able to reach each other on an emotional level like no one else could, and I was so moved by the way that Dawson talked about how he had been in a daydream looking for the moment when he would kiss Joey and they would be able to rekindle their romance, but how Mitch’s death tore him out of his daydream, and he didn’t know how he could get there again. I was also moved by the compassion and understanding that Joey showed Dawson in that scene, and her tender kiss spoke volumes of the depth of the empathy that she had for Dawson’s plight, and the depth of the love that had for him. Dawson soon hooked up with Jen after that though, and Joey hooked up with Charlie, and we never got to see an emotional scene quite like that between Dawson and Joey ever again.

Season Six, Clean and Sober: My favorite moment was Pacey’s final scene with Joey when he said, in response to Joey’s earlier assertion that he had never gotten over her: “What you said earlier was right. I never did. How could I? Just look at you.” Then, when Joey reached up and kissed him, it reminded me of my favorite Season One moment between Dawson and Joey in Escape From New York, and I have to say that although I was a little sad to be reminded of that scene, and correspondingly be reminded of the potential that the couple I had loved so much once had, I just was really moved by that scene between Pacey and Joey, because it was so tender and sweet, and it has to rank as one of the most romantic scenes that I’ve ever seen on this show. The chemistry, the banter, and then, finally, the tender sweetness between these two characters was all there in spades, and I admit that I was enthralled with watching them together, and I thought that Josh really nailed that scene perfectly.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 01-12-2008, 06:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

not moments really but what stood out for me from each year
Season 1
The halloween episode
Dawson realizing he loves Joey
Season 2
Any P/A moment
Jen's struggle with her past
Season 3
The coming together of P/J
Season 4
...to be determined
Season 5
Dawson and Jen
this scene YouTube - My Favourite Season 5 Storyline - Pacey & Jen
Season 6
The finale
Old 01-12-2008, 07:11 PM
Elite Fan

I'll have to think about it It's tough to pick just a few moments

Old 01-13-2008, 03:04 AM
Elite Fan

season 1:

I loved the whole Dawson/Joey relationship. Whether it was friendship or hidden feelings or anything at all. I really enjoyed it.
I also loved the banter between Pacey and Joey. It made for really funny moments and some great ironic scenes, especially knowing what happens.

season 2:

For me, season 2 is Pacey's season. Like he told Jen, it was time he got his own storyline and he sure did!! Every story line that he was a part of was amazing. I loved Pacey/Andie. I loved all his scenes with his father and brother. I loved the gay story line and how he handled it. This was definitely his season and that's why it's my second fave season from the series. D/Jo were great up until she broke up with him the first time. After that, it just got old and boring, but hell, the main reason i tuned in every week was Pacey/Andie anyhow.

Season 3:

My favorite season. It had many flaws, especially where Dawson was concerned, but when I think of certain story lines and certain moments, I'm just in awe. I never thought I would be OK with Pacey and Andie's break up. it was so heartbreaking. The friendship that developed between pacey and joey was so intriguing. Their journey to each other was one of the best written love stories on television. I loved how he conforts her in Like a Virgin and then how she comforts him in Homecoming. I love how they relied on each other like him helping her out with the B&B and she helping him with his boat. They truly got to know each other and that's when their feelings grew past friendship. They were no longer friends by association, they were real friends.
When Pacey kissed her in Cinderella Story, I just felt the frustration and tension. He just reached a breaking point and kissing her was the release. I loved all the angst leading up to that kiss. I loved all the metaphors and hidden meanings that are found in almost every dialogue. I loved their moments apart where they want to be together, especially in Anti-Prom. It was all just so beautiful.
Another thing i loved about this season was Jen and Jack, as well as Jen and Henry. I really loved both those relationships. Jen and Jack are just amazing. Always giving me a laugh, making me smile when I'm annoyed by a previous scene and always keep me interested. They have a perfect friendship. My favorite one on the series. I loved her and Henry as well. I love how he was so persistent and how she felt vulnerable. jen doesn't let guys get to her like that and the fact that he did, says a lot.

season 4:
i love this season as well. I loved P/Jo's relationship. one of my all time favorite episode is Kiss Kiss Bang Bang. I am one of the few that loves the shaved Pacey hair, lol. I liked Dawson's growth in the season and i liked the fact that he did not go through with his promise in season 3, saying how he wont be around to pick up all the pieces. He stayed a good friend to Joey no matter what. He also looked out for Pacey at times, so that was great too. I hated Gretchen with Dawson, but loved her relationship with Pacey.
Jen and Jack were great in this season as well.
I liked Toby and thought he was great for Jack. Drew was hilarious and truly wish he stuck around for season 5.

season 5:

well, i liked audrey. i loved Capeside Revistited because i believe that was one of the very few realistic P/Jo interaction we got all season. There was some great angst there, the way it should have been.
I did like frat-boy jack, i thought it was interesting. Dawson and Jen were adorable as hell. i HATEEEEEEEEEEEE charlie. i hateeeee the fact that joey went out with him after what he did to jen, not only because she's supposed to be friends with her, but because it showed the lack of respect she had for herself. it was nauseating. I wish Drew were there instead and i wish he and joey could have hooked up. at least we knew him and we sort of got to know him in the previous season. charlie was a ******, sorry.

season 6:

clean and sober is one of my favorite episodes of the series. i loved the pacey/joey moment at the end and i loved dawson and audrey, what a waste. i wish they would have explored something there because there was definite chemisty.
Emma and pacey kissing was a waste of time, i still have no idea where they were gonna go with it.
I dont like stock-broker pacey.
i hated when eddie came back, he was a moron.
The finale is my favorite episode of the series.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread