Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2007, 10:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

DC Cast News: News From DC Posters

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshandChristinaCursed (View Post)
Josh has done 5 films since DC ended, he won countless awards for Aurora Borealis, he is now shooting a movie called Shutter. his movie Bobby is SAG nominated and golden globe nominated, he, along with his costars won Best ensemble cast, Josh also was in a pilot called Capital Law.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanne (View Post)
Just another bit of news on Mark Matkevich, his cd "Old Ghosts" recorded with his band The spies is now available at shops.
You can find info, pictures, interviews and tour dates at www.myspace.com/leofrancis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily (View Post)
New series for Dawson's Creek star

'Dawson's Creek' star James Van Der Beek has been cast in the pilot episode of the US version of the British TV show 'Footballers' Wives'.

The Hollywood Reporter says that 'Football Wives' focuses on the spouses of American football stars.

Van Der Beek will play a rookie player.

The cast also includes 'Xena' star Lucy Lawless, 'Lost' star Kiele Sanchez and Ving Rhames.

RT�.ie Entertainment: New series for Dawson's Creek star

hmm i don't know what to think i just hope its better then footballers wives the uk version
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily (View Post)
"Shutter" role in focus for Jackson
By Nicole Sperling

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Joshua Jackson is set to join Rachael Taylor in the psychological thriller "Shutter," which begins shooting March 12 in Tokyo.

Also joining the cast are David Denman ("The Office"), James Kyson Lee ("Heroes") and John Hensley ("Nip/Tuck").

"Shutter," a remake of a 2004 Thai film, centers on a young American couple (Jackson and Taylor) on their honeymoon in Tokyo, who begin seeing ghostly images in their photos as well as around them.

Reuters Pictures

Editors Choice: Best pictures
from the last 24 hours.
View Slideshow
20th Century Fox will distribute the Regency Enterprises production. Masayuki Ochiai will direct.

Jackson, famed for playing Pacey in "Dawson's Creek," was recently in theaters with "Bobby." Taylor starred in the horror "See No Evil."

Denman plays Roy, Pam's on-again/off-again boyfriend on the acclaimed NBC comedy "The Office." Lee plays Ando Masahashi in "Heroes," while Hensley plays Matt in "Nip/Tuck."

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter
Shutter role in focus for Jackson | Entertainment | Film | Reuters
Quote:
Originally Posted by WBoverlay (View Post)
Dylan Neal is on a new show called BLOOD TIES. I saw it last night on the lifetime channel. He plays a detective who is involved in strange otherworldly cases. His on again, off again girlfriend knows a vampire who helps them out on cases. It comes on Sunday nights at 10. I think you can watch the pilot on itunes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brighter Than Sunshine (View Post)
I still find it really weird that Oliver Hudson (Eddie from season 6) and Bianca Kajlich (Natasha from season 6) are in a show together where they play an engaged couple. I watch it though and it's a really cute show. Oliver and Bianca are adorable together. The show is called 'Rules of Engagement' on Monday on CBS.

Thanks to everybody for posting the news and infos
Old 03-15-2007, 07:09 AM
Master Fan

Michelle mention in article about a movie

Low budget drama for Ewan

Ewan McGregor will join Spooks star Matthew Macfadyen for Incendiary, a low budget drama about the aftermath of a suicide bombing.

The 10 million dollar flick is adapted from a novel by Chris Cleave, which tells the tale of a woman whose husband and son are killed during a suicide attack at a football match.

She has to deal with the emotional consequences, while consumed by guilt because she was having an affair.

Dawson's Creek and Brokeback Mountain star Michelle Williams will play the woman in question, with Ewan as her affairee. Matthew is her late husband's boss.

Filming will take place in London and is scheduled to start later this month. The movie is being directed by Sharon Maguire, who also helmed the first Bridget Jones.

Ewan can next be seen opposite Hugh Jackman in saucy drama The Tourist about underground sex clubs in New York (which also features Michelle).
Low budget drama for Ewan | Metro.co.uk

Old 03-15-2007, 08:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Wow...thanks for that Emily
Old 03-19-2007, 06:24 AM
Master Fan

No problem Kelly

Old 03-28-2007, 01:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Jack Myers Weekend Think Tank: Where's the Next 'Dawson's Creek' and 'Buffy'? A Generation Yearns!

by Jack Myers, Friday, Mar 16, 2007 5:00 PM ET
IN THE LATE 90S, THE WB went from airing sitcoms that targeted an ethnically diverse audience to courting the teenage demographic. With their long roster of shows including "Buffy the Vampire Slayer," "Dawson's Creek," "Charmed," "Popular," "Felicity," "Angel," "Seventh Heaven," "Gilmore Girls," "Everwood," "Smallville" and "One Tree Hill," the network succeeded with flying colors. Where is the programming for that demographic now?

It's so typical in this industry that when something works, everyone thinks duplication is the only answer. "Lost" prospered, and look how many serial dramas premiered this past fall. Granted this system doesn't always end in big wins ("Smith," "The Nine"), but reaching the teen demographic the way the former WB did is a guaranteed success. Just look at the long list of shows mentioned previously -- all noteworthy achievements.

With The WB no more and MyNetworkTV focusing on telenovelas, this job of reaching teens has fallen to The CW. They have continued "Gilmore Girls," "Smallville," "7th Heaven" and "One Tree Hill," but that's not enough. "Gilmore Girls" is most likely coming to an end, "Smallville" is very sci-fi, and "7th Heaven" has run its course, so that leaves only "One Tree Hill." Yes, The CW also has "America's Next Top Model," "Beauty and the Geek," and "Pussycat Dolls Present: The Search for the Next Doll," but that's all reality programming. I want to know where the "Felicity's," "Buffy's," and "Dawson's" are for the today's teens. These shows are cult classics. "Buffy" is still so popular that, four years after the series ended, Joss Whedon is writing its eighth season in comic-book form. "Buffy" also has a popular sing-along tour (in the style of "Rocky Horror Picture Show") where fans can watch and sing along with their popular "Once More with Feeling" musical episode. Most of these former WB series can still be viewed in syndication.

Last night following "Gray's Anatomy," ABC premiered its new show "October Road." My colleague Jacki Garfinkel believes "October Road" is the new "Dawson's Creek" for current teens as well as the past WB generation, since it appeals to both demographics. It's the first show that elicits the same feelings in teens and young adults that "Dawson's Creek" did. Viewers will want Nick and Hannah to kiss just like they yearned for Pacey and Joey to. The first few minutes of October Road take place in 1997, which helps old "Dawson's" fans transport themselves back to their teen years, and because it's in 1997, it returns the cast to their teen years, quickly drawing in the viewers of the same age. "October Road" is the closest great drama to what the teen demographic needs. Why is it the only one?

Of course, there are networks like MTV and ABC Family, but they aren't supplying this exact type of content. MTV's "Laguna Beach" is primarily viewed as comedy by its young adult viewers, and although fans are severely sucked in to the Lauren/Heidi/Spencer drama on "The Hills," these are still reality shows. They do not provide the type of scripted drama where each line is purposely written to elicit certain emotions. Most of ABC Family's programming is geared younger. Teens like to feel more mature. "Dawson's Creek" didn't entirely reflect your average teen viewer. When was the last time you heard two 15-year-olds in a fight utter the lines:

"Look, it was never about looking for something better, Dawson. It was about looking for someone who wasn't so close to me. Where I could tell where I ended and he began. I mean, our lives have always been so intertwined that in many ways I feel like you partially invented me, Dawson. And that scares me so much. I need to find out if I can be a whole person without you. I need to find out if I can be a whole person.... alone."

Teens want shows featuring kids their own age into the early twenties. This allows for storylines that mirror their lives, but perhaps feature more mature or cooler characters, so they can learn from them and strive to be like them.

As TV.com wrote last weekend in honor of the tenth anniversary of the first "Buffy" airing: "The Slayer was every woman who ever fought for equality, every scrawny geek who ever stood up to a schoolyard bully, every individual who ever fought city hall, every flop of a movie that ever got made into a successful TV series. She was everyone who was outcast, different, special, or downtrodden, and she demonstrated that all of us could still stand up and fight the good fight, no matter how hopeless it may seem from the outside. By accepting her own power, Buffy gave a bit of that power back to we who watched." Someone needs to step up again and bring the teen demographic the shows they need and deserve.
Source

How could I not post this

and...

Quote:
Breaking Baby News!
By Marc Malkin
Mar 27, 2007 1:24 PM

Kate Hudson's three-year-old son, Ryder, is going to have a new cousin to play with.

I can exclusively report that Hudson's actor brother and star of CBS' Rules of Engagement, Oliver Hudson, 30, and his wife of less than a year, actress Erinn Bartlett, 34, are expecting their first child.

"She is four months along," Bartlett's manager tells me.

The little one will be the second grandchild for Kate and Oliver's mom, Goldie Hawn, and their dad, musician Bill Hudson.

In addition to Rules, Oliver also played Katie Holmes' love interest on Dawson's Creek. A former Miss Massachusetts Teen USA, Bartlett has appeared on television's How I Met Your Mother and in the movie Rumor Has It with Jennifer Aniston. They married last June on the beach in Mexico.
Congrats to the both of them

Source is E!'s website.

Last edited by -Kelly-; 03-28-2007 at 01:46 AM
Old 03-28-2007, 02:09 PM
Master Fan

thanks for the articles kelly!

i completely agree with the first one. especially now that the o.c. has ended oth is practically the only thing left. i have never found a show that capivated me the same was that dc did. i am starting to get into october road though. i hope it continues to have strong storylines.

congrats to oliver and his wife!!
Old 03-29-2007, 05:03 AM
Loyal Fan

I saw a preview of "The Wedding Bells" on TV last night and Meredith Monroe has a guest role in the next episode. "The Wedding Bells" is a new series about wedding planners. Meredith seems to be popping up in guest roles quite often.
Old 03-29-2007, 06:37 PM
Master Fan

I just saw the commercial and thought the exact same thing. She's showing up on a lot of shows on Fox.

Ali******Avi by *Angie*
Goodbye One Tree Hill
Old 03-29-2007, 08:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Wow, that's great news about Meredith Monroe, thanks for letting us know about it
Old 03-30-2007, 03:37 AM
Loyal Fan

I saw the same commerical she looks great. So much prettier when she is playing her own age.
Old 03-30-2007, 05:57 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cp1333 (View Post)
I saw the same commerical she looks great. So much prettier when she is playing her own age.
I agree Meredith looks wonderful and seems to be getting a lot of TV guest roles. Not quite sure about this but Kerr Smith and Meredith were probably the oldest actors on DC who were playing teens.
Old 04-05-2007, 05:48 AM
Master Fan

Another Meredith Monroe guest appearance. I was catching up with Crossing Jordan and she was on last week's episode.

Ali******Avi by *Angie*
Goodbye One Tree Hill
Old 04-11-2007, 12:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Ledger Talks About Marriage

Brokeback Mountain stars Heath Ledger and Michelle Williams have vowed to let the world know when they finally marry, by flashing their wedding rings at photographers.
The pair, parents to one year old daughter Matilda, are furiously protective of their privacy and refuse to respond to rumors about their impending nuptials.
But Ledger insists they'll make a subtle announcement when the time is right. The Australian star says, "We try not to talk about it, to keep it our own kind of thing. It's obviously very sacred. People write stories regardless.
The stories haven't necessarily been bad. So we're letting people run with their assumptions." When asked what announcement the couple will make, Ledger replies, "Photos of us wearing our wedding rings."
Old 04-11-2007, 08:33 AM
Loyal Fan

This is not about cast but I dont know where can I post this new I guees this is the best Place.

They are filming a new Tv series in Turkey Kavak Yelleri. İt is copy from DC. When I first hear it I was happy then I frustated because it is just a cheap copy I dont' think it is offical remake. This is very wrong. Here is video and pics. Aslı (Joey) really looks like Joey.

:::TİM'S PRODÜKSİYON'DAN MUHTEŞEM BİR GENÇLİK DİZİSİ::: KAVAK YELLERİ

YouTube - KAVAK YELLERI

YouTube - KAVAK YELLERI

Last edited by Joey&.Dawson Forever; 04-11-2007 at 11:16 AM
Old 04-11-2007, 07:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

If only I could understand it thanks for the links

It does look funy I agree
Closed Thread   Post New Thread