Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-23-2003, 12:15 AM
Loyal Fan

thanx. i really like that song.
Old 12-29-2003, 09:44 AM
Dedicated Fan

Trying to kick-start this thread again..it sort of disappeared...

Lets discuss today's TBS episodes(I am home from work this week(teacher), so its nice to be able to watch them)..

"Late" and "Promicide"....Like the episodes?, hate them? Favorite moments? Least favorite moments? Good songs/music??

"Late"---Favorite moment was the end....when Dawson comes home to find Gretchen waiting for him...I love the song("Why walk when you can fly?" and the passionate make-out session next to her truck.

To be quite honest, I didnt really like the whole "Joey being pregnant" angle....mainly considering that a few episodes before this one, she was being so resposible going to the clinic, getting birth control etc....and then in "A Winter's Tale" the writers made it a point to show that they were going to use a condom.....so having her have a pregnancy scare just didnt make alot of sense to me.

"Promicide"---I loved the scene between Dawson and Joey when Gale and Mitch were taking pictures and how they were talking about how they were so happy being friends again.

The Pacey "blowup" at the prom still makes me cringe. It was just so out of character for him and just angers me with how he made Joey feel...I LOVE Pacey, but that scene really made me dislike him(but I guess that was the intent).
Which is why, I guess, it made me feel so good when he sort of apologized to Joey in "Seperation Anxiety"...but we can get to that tomorrow whent he eppy airs on TBS.

OK--your turn.
Old 12-30-2003, 09:34 AM
Passionate Fan

I hate Late and Promicide. Almost everything in those two episodes makes me cringe. I can't stand to watch Pacey yell at Joey in Promicide. It's so painful watching that happen to my favorite couple.
Old 12-30-2003, 09:57 AM
Ultimate Fan

The P/J phone call in Late makes me sad.

This episode I'm watching right now (Separation Anxiety) destroys me. But I love it. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-30-2003, 12:57 PM
Absolute Fan

I watched Separation Anxiety this morning too. It just kills me. Josh and Katie acted the hell out of those scenes. So wonderfully done, I bawled the first time and still get misty rewatching them. Sigh....I would have liked to be on the late season 3 or early season 4 episodes while I was home this week.

Kim
Old 12-30-2003, 01:43 PM
Dedicated Fan

Seperation Anxiety---Josh and Katie do an awesome job in this episode.
Fav. scenes---Dawson and Joey at the end of the episode on Dawson's peir.
Pacey and Joey when Pacey is picking her up for the party and they are both sort of "awkward", not knowing to kiss or not, or how to act.

Love the song "Waiting for my Real Life to Begin".

The Graduate--BIG TIME tear-jerker. I cry throughout the whole episode.(especially when Dawson is reading Joey's mom's letter)

Fav. scene--Joey's "Fields of Gold" speech at the end. I love how they had Pacey NOT attend the ceremony and sort of just go on his own before anyone gets there...that is SO Pacey, and very fitting.

I also love the scene between Pacey and Andie at the grad. party when they are walking on the beach.

LOVE these 2 episodes.
Old 12-31-2003, 11:44 AM
Passionate Fan

I love Separation Anxiety. All the Pacey/Joey scenes are great. I especially like the scenes where she asks him to come to the party and the scene where she says how can she enjoy life without him. I also like the scene where Jen asks Grams to come to Boston with her. I don't know about the Graduate. I don't hate it, but I'm not a big fan of it either. I can't really explain it. It just gave me a bad vibe the last time I watched it. I like the scene where Joey tells Pacey that he wouldn't have to ask. I also like the scene where Jen lets Drue sleep over in her room.
Old 12-31-2003, 12:04 PM
Extreme Fan

Oh how I love love CODA!!!!(if you like D/J) What a beautiful episode and I loved the P/D phone cool great touch and her magic speech gets me everytime and speaking as a guy I don't think I have ever scene KH look as pretty as she did in that episode in 501 when he shows up at her door the way her face lights up is great and that actual became my favorite D/J moment cause it was the first thing to make me smile after the 9/11 thing and I will never forget that.
Old 12-31-2003, 12:29 PM
New Fan

I caught the episodes today. and I am impressed with how well Dawson cleaned up. From that whole David Gallagher thing to a nice scruffy look, I enjoyed that.

I can't wait until 503 when we get soem P/J scenes. However, in 501, when Audrey is talking about how no matter how much she and that guy cared for each other, in the end they're just gonna keep hurting each other by being together at that time, I instantly thought of Joey and Pacey. Pacey cut the chord; he said goodbye. He realized that they needed time apart, despite his strong feelings for her. Too bad Joey called Dawson instead of thinking about Pacey.
Old 12-31-2003, 01:12 PM
Part-Time Fan

I found it so funny today, when watching season 5's premiere, how Dawsons was talking with the Asian women, and she said " We were thinking about doing a feature on 7th Heaven." And Dawson said, You mean the tv show lol..I laughed good their.
Old 12-31-2003, 03:53 PM
Dedicated Fan

I love Coda and The Bostonians. I am D/J fan, so of course Coda is very special to me. Her " pure magic" speech makes me cry every time. I love how they are sitting on the bed like "old times" and playing "What's your...". And I still contend that the kiss at the end was not much more than 2 old friends saying goodbye...it wasnt until Season 5 that the writers made a bigger deal out of it.
I also found the Jen/Dawson goodbye scene very touching.

And I will always remember the first time I saw The Bostonians and got my first glimpse of the cleaned-up Dawson/James..I almost fell off my chair. He looked FABULOUS. And that last scene, with him at Joey's door.....the two of them played that scene so well..I loved the look on both of their faces.

Season 5 is actually my favorite season(much to the dismay of most other Creek fans)...the only disappointment in that season was the way the treated Pacey..I didnt think he got alot of justice/good storylines in Season 5. But some of the best acting moments/episodes are from Season 5, in my humble opinion anyway.(The Long Goodbye, Appetite for Destruction, High Anxiety, Hotel New Hampshire)..the only real clunker was Downtown Crossing.
Old 12-31-2003, 08:45 PM
Passionate Fan

Even though I'm a Pacey/Joey fan, I don't really mind Coda that much. I'm a big fan of Joey, so I usually enjoy almost any scene she's in. I thought Katie did a really great job in her scenes and I was even moved to tears during her "do you believe in magic?" speech. I like the goodbye scene between Dawson and Jen and Jack. I also like the scene where Jen, Jack, and Grams are in the kitchen and Grams is talking about her and her husband. I agree that the kiss was about two friends saying goodbye, so it never really bothered me. Besides, this was a big turning point in their lives and I found their behavior with each other understandable. The only complaint I really have about Coda is that Pacey wasn't there with the gang. It just didn't feel right without him. At least he was doing well for himself though.

I don't really like the Bostonians, but the scene where Jen meets Charlie was pretty cute.
Old 01-06-2004, 08:13 PM
Dedicated Fan

Today's episodes...

The Long Goodbye---One of my top 3 fav. eppys ever, even though I don't watch it that much because it makes me so sad. Everyone did an awesome job. It contains one of my all-time favorite Pacey/Dawson moments.. when Pacey takes Dawson to the scene of Mitch's car accident.

Four Scary Stories--To be honest, I've never seen this episode. I start to watch it and quickly lose interest every time.
Old 01-06-2004, 08:42 PM
Extreme Fan

Yeah I like the long goodbye as well even though it is very sad cause Mitch was part of the show from day 1. I feel James did a great job and I also liked that P/D scene mentioned above. Also when they hug.
Old 01-07-2004, 11:36 AM
Dedicated Fan

Today's episodes: Like them? Hate them? Indifferent?

Use Your Disillusion---Not one of my favs. Although the scenes with Dawson having panic attacks was of personal interest to me because my husband has suffered from them for years.....and what Dawson experienced/described while having an "attack" was right on the money. I also ADORED the scene with Jen/Pacey/Charile in the restaurant and Jen pours the coffee/whipped cream in his lap....Pacey was hysterical.

High Anxiety--One of my favorites from Season 5. I got a kick out of the whole Jen/Charlie storyline and her and the other girl "seducing" him.
And I always love a drunk Dawson. The final scene between him and Joey at the bus-station(train station?) is one of my personal favorites...Dawson just looks so "lost" and sad.
I also found it very touching how Joey just lets it go about the comment that Dawson made while he was drunk(about how his dad might still be alive if Joey had not left the "drunken message" on his answering machine) It was obvisouly very hurtful to her, but because of his dad's death, she knew how much he wasnt quite himself:
After Dawson apologizes to her, she says:: "Arent we beyond the need for formal apologies at this point?"?
Spoken like a true soulmate if you ask me...
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top