Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2016, 10:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I loved Pacey and Andie. One Pandie moment that we don't mention is when they are working the wedding. I think it's adorable how Pacey tries to get Andie to admit that she's a sucker for weddings. He's also so calm when he is fixing the cake (a little easter egg to his chef days) and Andie starts to freak out, so cute. Plus they are are all matchy with their catering outfits.

I also really liked Jack who ends up being my second favourite character

icon credit: crash landing
JJH85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 04:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristinaL80 (View Post)
I just joined Pinterest trying to find pics for DC Group Survivor.

I loved Dawson and Jen's friendship in S2. He was there at that party when she needed someone the most. Same goes for Joey and Jack. Joey stood by him.
I loved how Joey was there for Jack throughout the hard times.
Old 06-20-2016, 08:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Joey and Jack ended up being great friends as well which was nice. Jack added a lot to the show. The only storyline I did not like of his is his frat house storyline.

I like how he and Jen first met up. There are a lot of great scenes in S2.

Old 11-07-2016, 08:45 AM
Passionate Fan

Quite an unpopular opinion but I wasnt a big fan of Season 2. But, I liked it. It has some great story lines. Jack and Andie are definitely a good addition in the series. I was actually having a hard time liking this season because of the push/pull of D/Jo but it was okay I still admired their friendship though.

Jack is my favorite this season. Second, is Pacey, then third, Andie. One of the greatest admission scenes ever is from Jack. I also loved Grams' speech! Oh Grams, you just say the right words all the time. Pacey's story here flourished. I love how he stood by Andie even though she's sick. He never judged her or left her. and Andie, her enthusiasm is lovely. I love how she pushes everyone to be the best person they can be even though she's having a problem herself.
Old 11-07-2016, 09:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swift2Potter (View Post)
Quite an unpopular opinion but I wasnt a big fan of Season 2. But, I liked it. It has some great story lines. Jack and Andie are definitely a good addition in the series. I was actually having a hard time liking this season because of the push/pull of D/Jo but it was okay I still admired their friendship though.

Jack is my favorite this season. Second, is Pacey, then third, Andie. One of the greatest admission scenes ever is from Jack. I also loved Grams' speech! Oh Grams, you just say the right words all the time. Pacey's story here flourished. I love how he stood by Andie even though she's sick. He never judged her or left her. and Andie, her enthusiasm is lovely. I love how she pushes everyone to be the best person they can be even though she's having a problem herself.
I agree with you about the DJo push/pull relationship. I was rooting for them to make, but once Joey broke it off, I was over it. They never really felt genuine after that and their second pairing towards the end, kind of seemed forced. However, I did really like their friendship and how close they were throughout even after their breakups. Yes their was tension, but they never truly lost sight of their history and I was glad for that.

Pacey was my favourite in S2 and I felt he grew so much as a character. He matured and his good heart really shone through. He was amazing with Andie and I loved them together and the way he stood by her not matter what. Jack was my second favourite character and I liked how they introduced him as a shy awkward person, it just added to his likability. It was good storytelling.

As far as the Grams speech, if you visit the Hangman Thread you will see part of that speech was my latest quote.

Old 11-07-2016, 09:25 AM
Passionate Fan

Oh yeah, I also loved the Mike Potter story line. Well come to think of it, I really did liked season 2 but not as good as s1 for me, though.

Yeah, that was my problem with D/J. Everyone was supposed to be rooting for them but maybe it wasn't really meant to be but they really are good friends. I admired their friendship.

Sometimes I wish there is one season where in they're all just single people hanging out
Old 07-06-2017, 03:54 PM
Dedicated Fan

Just wanted to post this pic of Andie & Joey, who are rarely seen together/sharing storylines. It's an episode promo/bts moment from "The Election"

Image - 209promo.jpeg | Dawson's Creek Wiki | Fandom powered by Wikia
Gynge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 07:33 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

Cute pic!
Old 07-11-2017, 06:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Jack I was always neutral on, joey I really liked this season. She was vey supportive.
Old 12-29-2020, 01:54 PM
Part-Time Fan

I am re-watching season 2 and I wouldn't say I have an appreciation for this season per se. I do not hate it either but there are some problems.

I think they may have rushed Pacey and Andie's pairing in order to make the audience appreciate her delving into mental illness by the end of the season. If she was not connected to a major character on the show, few people would be invested in that storyline. The problem is I think it was too much for Pacey and way too fast. I do not think he was her boyfriend long enough to bear the burden of her illness. It honestly made me think he needed a break from her by the end of season 2 because of this. IMO they needed not actually have Andie cheat on him in season 3 to end their relationship. I think the strain of being a teenager and unprepared to deal with mental illness was enough for them to cool down their relationship in season 3.

Apart from this, I noticed them repeating storylines in different ways again in season 3. For example Nikki coming in and telling Dawson that he had a fundamental flaw in being unable to recognize which storylines and which characters would resonate in his film, which almost seemed like a carry over of his film teacher that dated in father in season 2. It almost seemed as if they forgot their storylines in the previous season.

I am also tired of DJo's back and forth about about having a hard time knowing whether one of them began and the other ended. It did not come across as believable. It just looked as if the writers realized they put them together too soon and tried hard to back track so the audience would maintain interest. The problem is I do not find their chemistry genuine so I became bored of the back and forth.

Last edited by PJ_always87; 12-29-2020 at 02:05 PM
PJ_always87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 08:06 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

I found S2 to be a very IMMATURE and overdramatic season, especially cause of the back and forth of D/J and their dumbass fights over stupid things. I think the best thing about S2 is the Pacey and Andie relationship, especially with how they handled her mental illness with Pacey by her side. Even though I was always neutral on the relationship. Oh, and Jack coming out (I also loved how Pacey defended Jack and had his back too over the homophobia he had to deal with) The rest of S2 is unbearably immature to me. S2 was a good Pacey season though, it was another one showing what a great and selfless character he is.
Butterfly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 10:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

I enjoyed Jack’s coming out storyline a lot in season two. It was one of the highlights of the season for me. While I prefer PJo, I did enjoy Pacey and Andie too a bit.
I am an original”
msstock87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 09:21 AM
Part-Time Fan

I like Jack's coming out story too. It wasn't heavy handed, and I really like the way it was subtly introduced into his character arc. First with the fact that he was unable to be aroused during a make out with Joey, and then afterwards when the poem was written and the audience could see it was a same sex poem.

I also like that it was not drawn out and we saw how it was used in some way to slowly introduce Jack and Jen, who became the top friendship on the show, IMO.
PJ_always87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 08:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

I liked how subtle it was too. It wasn’t shown all at once.
I am an original”
msstock87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread