Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-19-2010, 03:55 AM
Obsessed Fan

Bumping this thread after Ali kindly posted the link.

Season 3 is always the season I grab from the DVD collection when I fancy a re-cap. The build up between PJo was actually amazing and doesn't get any less so after watching it for the 100th time.

The season did have it's dodgy points to say the least. BUT the 2nd half totally made up for it. So many great episodes. Does anyone have a fave? I don't know if I can pick one. There's 5 or 6 that I love. I just watched 'Stolen Kisses' a couple of nights ago and that's definitely up there.

Joey: Are you okay?
Pacey: Not so much, no.
Joey: Well, what's wrong?
Pacey: Well, it's the history. I mean, how can a guy compete when the two of you have your own karaoke routine?
Joey: Pacey, you're not suppose to compete. We're suppose to have our own hist… I didn't mean that.
Pacey: Well, what did you mean??
Joey: I don't know anymore, Pacey.
Pacey: You know this little arrangement we got going between us?
Joey: Yes?
Pacey: Well, it sucks! It sucks up one side and down the other. It's uncomfortable, it's weird, and I hate every single second of it.
Joey: Weird?
Pacey: Yes!
Joey: Then why did you come here, Pacey?
Pacey: (he stands up) You know, for a bright girl, you can be really daft sometimes. Why do you think I came here? I came here to be with you! It's as simple as that. When you like somebody, proximity is a good thing, regardless of how they feel about you. Or don't as the case may be. (he walks past her to go back in the house.)
Joey: I felt it. (Pacey stops and looks at her.)
Pacey: What?
Joey: This morning. Your arm brushed up against me in bed and… I felt it.
Pacey: How did it feel?
Joey: It made me feel alive.
Pacey: Okay… Joey, I am going to kiss me now.
Joey: You can't.
Pacey: Jo, you can't say something like that and expect me not to kiss you. So that's exactly what I'm going to do. I'm going to kiss you, in about 10 seconds. And if you don't want me to kiss you, well then if you don't want me to, I guess you're just gonna have to stop me.

Rachey1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 02:57 PM
Obsessed Fan

S3 is my favourite season simply because of the Pacey/Joey romance. I can admit that. The build up of that friendship/romance was PERFECT.

Unfortunately, S3 started out rocky and there are several not-so-good episodes and/or plot-lines (Eve, I'm talking to you). In theory Dawson and a "bad girl" might have been OK if executed well, but it just wasn't.

Thankfully there were little PJo moments (e.g. the dock scene at the end of 3x01) to get me through those bumps.

Aside from the beautiful P/Jo romance (which is thoroughly discussed elsewhere ), I think another strong point was the Grams/Jen/Jack family dynamic. I love the Jen/Jack friendship. Didn't like Henry, particularly, or the Henry/Jen relationship.

The Gale/Mitch story-line was OK, but did get a little tedious. I'm glad they found their way back together though, that did need to be resolved one way or another (breakup or makeup for reals). I do kind of feel like their wedding was overshadowed by the other plot-lines in that episode, which is a bit of a shame as perhaps it could have been more of an "event" story-line, but I guess we know what the real event was for that episode!

I don't know if I can pick a favourite episode, I have a few and "Stolen Kisses" is definitely one of them!

Hmm... there is probably loads more to discuss, but that's all from me for now. So happy you bumped this thread, Rach, thanks!

Last edited by Seersha; 09-19-2010 at 03:02 PM
Seersha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 03:22 PM
Ali
Master Fan

Best. Season. Ever. And pretty much entirely because of PJ. Nothing compares to them falling in love! It's the best part of the whole series. Build up is not done right anymore, other shows should take notes.

Quote:
So many great episodes. Does anyone have a fave?
I can't pick one either. Stolen Kisses and TLD are up there.

Quote:
I think another strong point was the Grams/Jen/Jack family dynamic. I love the Jen/Jack friendship.
This! At the very end of S2 the Jack/Jen/Grams dynamic started, but I fell in love with them during S3.

And how long have you two been married?

Dawson's Creek board!
Ali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 03:25 PM
Obsessed Fan

I love that moment!!!! Thanks for the caps
Old 09-19-2010, 03:28 PM
Ali
Master Fan

My pleasure.

Indian Summer was one of the more bad eps of S3 imo, but Jack and Jen make up for it...

Dawson's Creek board!
Ali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 06:15 PM
Master Fan

I love this season so much! It is the best, like everyone has said. And yes, it is mainly because of PJ, because not only was the build-up amazing, but once they got there, it was amazing as well. The earlier season is a little off, what with Dawson and Eve, Andie not only cheating once with Pacey, but then cheating again on the PSATs. Andie was just a little cheater for a couple of months, wasn't she? And then she lied with that whole Rob thing. And it was pretty obvious and i don't like how she played Pacey like that, but i'm glad he made the decision on his own that they just weren't right for each other.

But those were some low point, even in those episodes that it happened, there were some great points...particularly the PJo moments

And i frankly didn't really care about Henry. So i didn't care much about the Henry/Jen relationship. I neither hated or liked Henry. Although he was a little annoying. lol

And i just LOVE Jack and Jen. They are so cute and they have the best friendship. I think even if Jack wasn't gay, that they would still end up being the best of friends. Thats whats so special about their friendship, because its not just based on the romance aspects of close relationships or sex or "We'll be together forever" type stuff. The fact that he is gay isn't holding them back or anything like that. They even tried the sex thing in season 4 even though he was gay. It is real. Those types of friendships are the best.
clarkson_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 11:49 AM
Obsessed Fan

Agree with you guys about the Jack & Jen friendship during S3. They had the best friendship on the show, by far. Love the moment from 'Like a Virgin' when Grams asks them how long they've been married. Adorable.

I didn't care about Henry either. It was so stupid to have him dump Jen over email as well. They took a long time to build the relationship up in S3 and then had the big moment at the end when Jen confronted him before he went to football camp (whatball camp? ) only to break them up, in a rather 'blah' way in S4. Strange.

One of my least favourite episodes has to be 'None of the Above' - the whole thing with the PSAT was so boring... As much as I do love the cute PJo-ness in this episode, I can't bare the rest of it. The scene where Eve appears at Dawson's window with the apple is so cheesy, it makes me cringe every time.
Old 09-20-2010, 04:38 PM
Master Fan

Ha, yeah None of the Aboe is a little blah, and Dawson just annoys the crap out of me in that episode. But Pacey is funny when he's all drunk and that line Dawson says at the end "If we're going to beat the crap out of each other, it should at least be over a chick" is like...foreshadow! Lol. But i kind of don't like that he says "chick" i mean, yeah its good he sounds more like a teenager there, but for Dawson to say it...with his 1000 dollar words...it just doesn't sound right coming out of his mouth and i cringe at that.
Old 09-21-2010, 02:57 AM
Elite Fan

The Jack/Jen growing friendship is definitly my favourite thing about season 3

I would hate to miss another boat
milestogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 03:45 AM
Obsessed Fan

I also like the Doug and Pacey scenes in S3. Their conversation near the end of "Valentine's Day Massacre" was great. Doug was supportive but gave good advice to Pacey, he could be a bit of an objective voice and he knew unless Pacey was honest with Dawson it would not go well. This was probably the season that showed a bit more of a bond between them, instead of just the snark they'd give each other.

Last edited by Seersha; 10-11-2010 at 03:21 AM
Seersha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 07:30 AM
Obsessed Fan

I love the scene in the prison cell too Seersha. Doug was always honest with him when it came to Joey. He tried to encourage Pacey to be honest too and he also encouraged him to go for it with her. After all Doug was the one who made it his business to tell Joey that Pacey was leaving for the summer in 'True Love' - if that conversation hadn't have happened, she might not have found out. Doug knew that Joey was good for Pacey in many ways, I like to think.
Old 10-04-2010, 12:14 PM
Master Fan

Doug was definitely rooting for his little brother. I really like the Doug and Pacey relationship. Doug was an ass in the first season and was a lot like Pacey's father in how he regarded Pacey, but then he got much better in season 3 and i grew to like him a lot, even when he was all jealous in he episode 616 with their dad.
Old 10-04-2010, 12:27 PM
Obsessed Fan

I couldn't agree more. I grew to like him too. He also had a point when he was going on at Pacey for being a stockbroker. I loved it when he said he felt proud of Pacey when he was a chef.
Old 10-04-2010, 12:32 PM
Master Fan

Me too, but it still seemed kind of petty to be mad that Pacey was now successful-even if it was because he was a stockbroker-and their dad was finally giving Pacey some praise. Doug got that all his life and the one time their dad is paying more attention, giving more praise, Doug is all immature and "i'm the one he like more" just...no. I mean, i agree with him making the point how he is the one that was there and Pacey comes swooping in with his money and all, but still...their fight outside, i mostly agreed with Pacey. And Pacey goes and gives credit to Doug, even after the way Doug acted. Just another thing i love about Pacey.
Old 10-04-2010, 12:40 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkson_fan (View Post)
I mean, i agree with him making the point how he is the one that was there and Pacey comes swooping in with his money
Yes. This is the bit I agreed with Doug on. The way John was so ignorant to Doug was a horrible turn of events, it was sad to see Doug suffer the way we had seen Pacey do so for so many years.
Reply   Post New Thread