Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2015, 11:12 AM
Cardcaptor Queen

^^^ITA again. Dawson was very manipulative and trying to guilt Joey into choosing him too. Pacey gave her space.
Butterfly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 07:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think the main difference was that Pacey never gave her an ultimatum, he just wanted her to make up her mind whereas Dawson said "you can't have him and me as your consolation prize". Pacey even said to Joey once "there's no ultimatums here Jo".

But I think we got a little OT for this Thread. This is the S3 Appreciation Thread, not a Dawson vs. Pacey Thread even though it's so easy to get off track. Dawson had a few good moments in S3 like when he convinced Joey that Pacey truly cared about her, that was nice of him to say. Also his little talk with Pacey when Pacey was nervous about going on stage on opening night of "Barefoot in the Park".

icon credit: crash landing
JJH85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 06:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Ok I get it.
Old 09-12-2015, 11:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm just as guilty of going OT in the Threads as much as the next person, but it's my job as Moderator to bring us back to the Topic at hand. We want everyone's opinions and points of view, we just have to make sure we are in the right Threads for them.

Old 09-12-2015, 05:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I liked some PJ in this season.
Old 09-13-2015, 04:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I like everything about Pacey in S3 and I loved that Jack was a Football Player.

Old 04-03-2017, 10:54 PM
Loyal Fan

S3 was a great season because of the Joey and Pacey storyline. Even tho the season had stuff like Eve (unwatchable) and the very unrealistic and break up of Pacey and Andie, the writers did a very good job turning the bantering P and J from friends to lovers. And while it's not my fave ep, but the Longest Day is probably the most cleverly written episode of the series.
flaminga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 11:44 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

S3 will always be the best season IMO. I don't hate the Eve storyline as much as others but last time I watched the episodes it was just odd and WTF but I understood they were going for a mystery type angle with her. Andie's character was just horrific this season with the b*tchiness, lying, and hypocrisy. Jack being a football player and Jen a cheerleader was bizarre too. Oh, last time I rewatched the earlier S3 episodes I find AJ and Joey to be cringeworthy now that I'm older. He was in college and Joey was a junior in high school. A little too close to being against the law like Pacey/Tamara was *gags*

I did like that they had Pacey and Jen fool around for a few episodes (but glad they didn't get to have sex cause that would of tainted alot of things for me) It made sense to give it a try and they had chemistry. I also loved how much Jen grew this season, especially after the train wreck she was in S2. I also liked Principal Green and Nikki. I wish they weren't written out. Especially with the ridiculous bs reason they gave (even though this racist vandalized someone's mural and was rightfully punished, you should take it back or your gone! What a bunch of bs ) but I love the part as their leaving and the students all clap for him, that always chokes me up. The best part of S3 was of course P/J. Pacey and Joey's love story was so well and realistically written. Plus had one of the best build up's a couple could have. So many great staple episodes like Cinderella Story, Stolen Kisses (my fave of S3 and probably the whole series) The Longest Day (Would probably be my fave episode if it didn't end so depressingly but I LOVE the scenes of Pacey and Joey making out Never gets old) The Anti Prom (God damn, "I remember everything" still gives me chills) and True Love. I love that final shot of Pacey and Joey sailing away on the ocean for a summer of fun and love. That had to be have been so fun and romantic. Best season hands down.
Old 04-04-2017, 05:21 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly85 (View Post)
S3 will always be the best season IMO. I don't hate the Eve storyline as much as others but last time I watched the episodes it was just odd and WTF but I understood they were going for a mystery type angle with her. Andie's character was just horrific this season with the b*tchiness, lying, and hypocrisy. Jack being a football player and Jen a cheerleader was bizarre too. Oh, last time I rewatched the earlier S3 episodes I find AJ and Joey to be cringeworthy now that I'm older. He was in college and Joey was a junior in high school. A little too close to being against the law like Pacey/Tamara was *gags*

I did like that they had Pacey and Jen fool around for a few episodes (but glad they didn't get to have sex cause that would of tainted alot of things for me) It made sense to give it a try and they had chemistry. I also loved how much Jen grew this season, especially after the train wreck she was in S2. I also liked Principal Green and Nikki. I wish they weren't written out. Especially with the ridiculous bs reason they gave (even though this racist vandalized someone's mural and was rightfully punished, you should take it back or your gone! What a bunch of bs ) but I love the part as their leaving and the students all clap for him, that always chokes me up. The best part of S3 was of course P/J. Pacey and Joey's love story was so well and realistically written. Plus had one of the best build up's a couple could have. So many great staple episodes like Cinderella Story, Stolen Kisses (my fave of S3 and probably the whole series) The Longest Day (Would probably be my fave episode if it didn't end so depressingly but I LOVE the scenes of Pacey and Joey making out Never gets old) The Anti Prom (God damn, "I remember everything" still gives me chills) and True Love. I love that final shot of Pacey and Joey sailing away on the ocean for a summer of fun and love. That had to be have been so fun and romantic. Best season hands down.
I totally agree, Butterfly.
Stolen Kisses is my favorite episode as well although s3 has so many really good eps!
I like the atmosphere in Gwens house and I like that Will joined the gang for this trip, even we've never heard about him before (thats kinda weird) but I like his character!

I think s3 is the fav season for most P&J shippers and not really fun for Dawson and Andie fans
Capeside_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 06:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capeside_girl (View Post)
Stolen Kisses is my favorite episode as well although s3 has so many really good eps!
I like the atmosphere in Gwens house and I like that Will joined the gang for this trip, even we've never heard about him before (thats kinda weird) but I like his character!

I think s3 is the fav season for most P&J shippers and not really fun for Dawson and Andie fans
I liked PJ in season 3, but I hate how Andie was destroyed to make them happen. I don't like how dawson acted, but I didn't like how PJ acted either. The longest day pj spent an awful lot of time talking about dawsons feelings so thats why they were together in that ep?
Old 04-04-2017, 01:19 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capeside_girl (View Post)

I did like Will, especially when he defended Pacey and Joey falling for each other to hypocritical Andie. I didn't care to follow him to that short lived spin off though lol. Anyway, S3 is the best and it has so many good episodes. Just something about SK, mainly both of P/J's kisses and Pacey staring at Joey when they shared a bed the her later admitting it made her feel alive.
Old 04-04-2017, 03:47 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly85 (View Post)

I agree with a lot of this. I happen to also like Pacey and Jen's little fling that they had and I'm also very glad that they never slept together. That would have ruined a lot of thinga but they kept it the two just making out which was fun to watch.

But this season was all about Joey and Pacey. That storyline was just incredible. You mentioned all the later episodes but from the very first episode of the season they had amazing scenes together. How they look out for each other in the first 2 eps. How they skip school together and get caught by Principal Green. How they take dance lessons. How Pacey helps Joey at the B&B, teaches her to drive, watches her sleep, buys her a wall, beats up the guy who vandilized her mural, confesses his love for her to his brother, to Jen, to the little guy from Jerry Maguire...it was all truly special and heart warming and nothing will ever compare.

RE: The Longest Day. The way they wrote that episode was really great. I love how it didn't just go from beginning to end like all the other episodes but it was cut up and pieced together like a puzzle and you learn a little bit more and more about how Dawson finds out about Pacey and Joey as you watch. That ending scene was awfully depressing, I agree, however that was made it so memorable. It was painful and heartbreaking but beautifully written. When Pacey tells Joey that he thinks she should be the first to leave it mirrors the beginning of the episode when they were in the boat house and Joey told him he should be the first to leave so that no one sees that they were together. Plus, any scene with Josh crying is automatically amazing because he's just a damn good actor.
flaminga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 07:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think Season 3 for me was so great because Pacey was so great in it. There were so many redeeming things about him that season.

- the way he is all nervous with excitement to see Andie again
- the way he was with Jen during their little attempt at their sex pact
- the way he clues Dawson in on how Joey will want to get back to him and then again when he gives Dawson advice about Eve
- the way he helps out with the B&B
- when he's torn up about his feelings for Andie after the Rob incident
- and finally the development of the Pacey and Joey friendship. Even if they hadn't gotten together, the buildup of their friendship was so well done.

Old 04-04-2017, 10:37 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaminga (View Post)
I agree with a lot of this. I happen to also like Pacey and Jen's little fling that they had and I'm also very glad that they never slept together. That would have ruined a lot of thinga but they kept it the two just making out which was fun to watch.

But this season was all about Joey and Pacey. That storyline was just incredible. You mentioned all the later episodes but from the very first episode of the season they had amazing scenes together. How they look out for each other in the first 2 eps. How they skip school together and get caught by Principal Green. How they take dance lessons. How Pacey helps Joey at the B&B, teaches her to drive, watches her sleep, buys her a wall, beats up the guy who vandilized her mural, confesses his love for her to his brother, to Jen, to the little guy from Jerry Maguire...it was all truly special and heart warming and nothing will ever compare.

RE: The Longest Day. The way they wrote that episode was really great. I love how it didn't just go from beginning to end like all the other episodes but it was cut up and pieced together like a puzzle and you learn a little bit more and more about how Dawson finds out about Pacey and Joey as you watch. That ending scene was awfully depressing, I agree, however that was made it so memorable. It was painful and heartbreaking but beautifully written. When Pacey tells Joey that he thinks she should be the first to leave it mirrors the beginning of the episode when they were in the boat house and Joey told him he should be the first to leave so that no one sees that they were together. Plus, any scene with Josh crying is automatically amazing because he's just a damn good actor.
Your right about the other episodes, I just thought of the ones off the top of my head. I agree, the way they wrote TLD was great. The ending still makes me sad but I do recongize it's greatly written to and a throwback to the beginning of the episode. It was great acting but Pacey crying just destroyed my heart In general it was a very well written episode though.
Old 04-04-2017, 10:51 PM
Part-Time Fan

Yes, Pacey crying at the end of TLD is really heartbreaking
Capeside_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread