Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2011, 11:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I am a little confused. Are we talking about the season in general or a specific set of circumstances?

Because I think S4 did have a bit of a bittersweet ending, mostly because it felt like an ultimate ending instead of a beginning. Like the DJo kiss felt like closure to me, and the conversation between Pacey and Dawson phone conversation was closure between them, and so on and so forth. It was all very culminating in Coda, probably because it was originally meant to be the end of the series.
Old 01-07-2011, 12:31 PM
Master Fan

Oops, in my post i was talking about the end of season 3, because when it was said about Jen and Andie on the beach, i thought that was meaning episode 401.
clarkson_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 05:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh, okay. The bittersweet makes more sense to me now.
Old 01-08-2011, 12:15 PM
Elite Fan

I was talking about the end of season 3 So it was nice to see them all happy in 401 (for me at least)

I would hate to miss another boat
milestogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 07:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

And I liked seeing that the Jack/Dawson friendship developed during S4. They're not the most likely of friends, at least not in my book, especially after the issues they'd had in past seasons. But I think it was great that Jack was really there for Dawson when all the Gretchen stuff started in S4.
Old 01-09-2011, 01:30 AM
Elite Fan

I really liked that too

Old 01-09-2011, 10:08 PM
Ali
Master Fan

Quote:
It was all very culminating in Coda, probably because it was originally meant to be the end of the series.
So they wrote Coda thinking it was going to be the last ep of the series? I never knew that. I would've been so unsatisfied if that was the end.
Dawson's Creek board!
Ali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 10:36 PM
Master Fan

Love the pictures, and that episode.

And i totally agree about Coda, i would have been very unsatisfied as well. That episode was in no way an ending ending. It didn't even tie things up. So its good that they went on to another season.
Old 01-09-2011, 10:48 PM
Ali
Master Fan

Yeah, I think I'd rather things end badly than not end at all. Coda was too open-ended to give me closure. And Pacey was barely in the ep which equals automatic fail. But I guess it could've been worse. Imagine if the S5 finale (Swan Song) was the series finale...
Dawson's Creek board!
Old 01-10-2011, 06:53 AM
Obsessed Fan

Oh, to think that Coda could have been the end. I shudder at the though. I enjoyed the DJen goodbye scene, that's one of my faves between them. Imo, The Graduate would have been a perfect ending to S4.
Rachey1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 06:57 AM
Elite Fan

Well I love Coda so I would have been happy if it was the finale I like it more than the actual finale (mostly cause Jen doesn't die not gonna lie)

Love the caps you posted Ali

Old 01-10-2011, 09:57 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Oh, to think that Coda could have been the end. I shudder at the though. I enjoyed the DJen goodbye scene, that's one of my faves between them. Imo, The Graduate would have been a perfect ending to S4.
Totally agree with this. In a lot of ways (Which i won't get into) that episode seems kind of pointless to me. Although yeah, i do like DJen's goodbye scene.

Oh, and to think of the season 5 finale being the ending...*shudder* i don't know if that would be worse than Coda having been the series finale...
Old 01-10-2011, 12:30 PM
Obsessed Fan

I agree, Coda was totally pointless for me too. Although I can see how DJo shippers would have loved this to have been the final episode. With Pacey out of the picture, Dawson and Joey ended as they started off, having lengthy, endless conversations about their relationship in his room and it ending in a kiss. For them, it would have been fitting that while they said goodbye to Capeside to go off to college, Dawson and Joey were still intertwined in some way and could never get past that.

For me, I hated that Joey would have become so obsessed (I'm sure this isn't the word but I can't find another that fits) with her relationship with Dawson so quickly after being heartbroken over Pacey. Even more so Dawson had moved on (as much as the writers allowed him to) yet ended up right back where he started. It was a significant moment in the show for Dawson and Joey to say goodbye to their childhood, to Capeside, to the room where most of their memories were formed, but it really didn't have to end in a kiss. They had both moved on. It should have been about their friendship, nothing more.
Rachey1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 07:15 PM
Elite Fan

See, I'm a DJo shipper and that's not why I loved the episode

Old 01-10-2011, 08:30 PM
Ali
Master Fan

I loved the DJen goodbye too. And I liked that DP got to the point where they could have a conversation about Joey. Though that was totally ruined by the ending lol.

I also liked the four of them hanging out at the ruins, that was cute. But still, it felt incomplete without Pacey.

Quote:
Oh, and to think of the season 5 finale being the ending...*shudder* i don't know if that would be worse than Coda having been the series finale...
It feels weird to say, lol, but I prefer Coda as a series finale. As much as I disliked how things were left off with PJo and DJo in that ep, it felt more right than where the couples were in Swan Song.

Quote:
Imo, The Graduate would have been a perfect ending to S4.
Agreed. I'm pretty sure that Mandy, one of the JJ board mods, convinced Paul Stupin to do the commentary on The Graduate instead of Coda. She's awesome.

Dawson's Creek board!
Reply   Post New Thread