Old 09-19-2010, 07:18 AM
Obsessed Fan

S4 holds my favourite ever scene on DC.

Joey: Hey.
Pacey: Hi. May I?
Joey: Sure. Hey Pace?
Pacey: Yeah?
Joey: Do you still have your wallet?
Pacey: I thought we were done talking about that?
Joey: We are.
Pacey: Okay. Gonna throw it away?
Joey: I want to throw the wrapper away.
Pacey: If this was about…
Joey: Pacey… this is about how you carried my bag off the bus yesterday. This is how when we go to the movies and you go and you buy popcorn, you always be sure you bring back a napkin so I don't wipe all the grease on my jeans. And this is about how just last week when we were at miniature golf you took all of the shots first so I would know the correct path.
Pacey: Well, that's just…
Joey: You taught me how to drive. And last year at prom, you knew that the bracelet I was wearing was my mom's. (THIS! I love the smile she gives him and the one he gives her back. My absolute fave PJo moment). You kissed me first sweetheart. The second time you counted to 10 before doing it again, just in case I wanted to stop you. You bought me a wall...
Pacey: I didn't buy it so much…
Joey: We were alone on a boat for three months and you understood without a word why I wasn't ready. Do you have to ask me now why I am?....Pace? I'm gonna count to 10… and then I'm going to start kissing you. If you don't want me to… you're just going to have to stop me.....10, my love.

Rachey1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 03:23 PM
Obsessed Fan

S4... love it for the PJo romance (until that fell apart). They had some really sweet, lovely and amazing moments together. I'm really glad the writers let them have a decent amount of time together (10 months??) before breaking them up. I know breaking them up was almost inevitable, but I was happy at least that they stayed together most of the season - even if I don't like how they broke up (not one bit).

Back later with more thoughts... gotta run to work now!
Old 09-19-2010, 06:30 PM
Master Fan

I think they were together eleven months, almost a year, really. And i am really happy as well that they had that long together. With the way they treat Dawson and Joey's relationship and the way they seem to treat Pacey and Joey's, i have to say when i started watching it i was scared they wouldn't have them last long. But they did and we got to see all these amazing moments until the break-up that showed us even more that they were meant to be. They were it for each other and it shows.

But of course, with ones so young and all the fear and anxiety, all the problems, that we all face at the age, wondering where the hell we're going in out future and if we will at all, if we'll be anything....well that's what broke them up.

This is my second favorite season, if only for the PJo relationship. Of course, i think Jen and Jack are amazing as always. These four people are what i really love about the show and they are what made this season my second favorite.
clarkson_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 01:00 AM
Obsessed Fan

Another good thing about S4: Gretchen. She was a good addition. Not just because of her relationship with Dawson (which wasn't too bad), but primarily because of her relationship with Pacey. I think it was good to see that he had a sibling that actually cared about him. She stuck up for him in the infamous birthday scene where his family were all recalling their Pacey memories. Plus she told it like it was to Joey after she lied to Dawson about sleeping with Pacey. Seriously wanted to high-five her for that!
Old 09-20-2010, 06:41 AM
Elite Fan

I love season 4 for other reasons But that's where the fun is

I loved loved Gretchen, she allowed us to see another side of Dawson and Pacey and that was very nice

I would hate to miss another boat
milestogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 08:45 PM
Obsessed Fan

Season 4 - I'm really loving it so far.

However, I have to say (other than Coming Home) You Had Me at Goodbye is (until this point) the best episode hands down. Say what you will about DC but it has an ability to make you cry and bawl your eyes like no other show I've watched. You feel for the characters and your heart hurts when they're hurting and even if you don't like some of the characters you can still ... appreciate the others and the content (I know, I know, I'm not making sense, but I mean, for me, I'm not that much of a fan of Dawson and Joey as a couple but I like them as friends so ...). ANDIE. I loved this girl and it breaks my heart that she's leaving but she's amazing and brought them all together. And it hurts my heart to see Dawson and Pacey, however flawed their relationship might be, fighting and it makes it better when they're starting to improve. AND JACK AND JEN I love episodes where all the gang is together and there's something very emotional - I cry each time. It reminds me of To Green, With Love in S3 Also. I totally ship Dawson and Andie their karaoke and flailing hand actions are the best
Mary ♔ Francis
PaperGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 08:52 AM
Obsessed Fan

Awww, Anna. I am totally with you on this one. They are actually two episodes that never fail to make me cry To Green, With Love and You Had Me at Goodbye (amongst others).

YHMAG has so many wonderful happy scenes. It's a real classic DC episode of special friendship. The Jack/Jen make up scene, Andie's speech (with Joey, Jen and Andie all crying), Pacey/Joey make up scene and mostly my favourite - the end scene where they take the picture and Andie goes to stand with Jack and leaves Dawson and Pacey with their arms around each other. I don't even love the Dawson/Pacey friendship but the little smile on Pacey's face just makes me melt. He is so happy at that moment. And Joey too, to look beside her and see Pacey and Dawson back to how they were (even for just a moment) is just so moving.

I'm so glad you are enjoying Season 4 so far. Enjoy these moments. Your little heart will be breaking towards the end.
Old 12-09-2010, 07:24 PM
Obsessed Fan

I love the friendship-centric episodes, they always make me cry and feel really good. I loved that moment too. I think I want Dawson and Pacey to work it out so much because it pains me to see Pacey in so much pain, because despite the flaws in that relationship you can't deny that Pacey loved Dawson. He's just so happy in that moment and It is really moving!

I started crying along with Andie during her speech!

I finished The Unusual Suspects yesterday I love fun episodes like that! *snort* I loved how airtight their alibis were and how it just totally blamed Drue - best thing ever. I need more scenes with the three boys. And Joey figuring it out and Mitch I loved it! Poor Jack and Molly! That scene was so moving when he was comforting her, and I loved loved loved the scene between Doug and Pacey in the end. *snort* I loved the Doug and Joey scene in the beginning too! I like the Mr. Brooks and Dawson storyline, it's so nice to see Dawson have another focus than Joey, it, for me, makes him so much more relatable and likable and strengthens his character.
Mary ♔ Francis
PaperGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 03:11 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaperGirl (View Post)
I love the friendship-centric episodes, they always make me cry and feel really good.
I really think this is something DC did SO well. The friendship elements of the show were always strong and really moving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaperGirl (View Post)
I like the Mr. Brooks and Dawson storyline, it's so nice to see Dawson have another focus than Joey, it, for me, makes him so much more relatable and likable and strengthens his character.
Oh me too, I'm glad you pointed this out. I loved the character of Mr. Brooks, he was such a lovely man, a hard shell but a truly soft heart. His relationship with Dawson was so sweet, the way Brooks cared about him and wanted him to look after him. Also the way Dawson looked up to him. Do you know what happens with his character? I don't want to spoil you.
Old 12-19-2010, 03:51 PM
Elite Fan

I loved Dawson's storyline with Mr Brooks

Old 12-20-2010, 07:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It was a great evolution for Dawson. I really do think it was a great way to have him kind of "grow-up" in S4. I know that it may not have been the intention of TPTB but I think by the end of that season, Dawson was one of the best developed characters on the show. I think the only one to exceed him in that capacity was Jen.
Old 12-21-2010, 03:50 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burn Our History (View Post)
It was a great evolution for Dawson. I really do think it was a great way to have him kind of "grow-up" in S4. I know that it may not have been the intention of TPTB but I think by the end of that season, Dawson was one of the best developed characters on the show. I think the only one to exceed him in that capacity was Jen.
I agree with this. Dawson did grow up quite a lot in S4. He was mostly mature and responsible (he still had his moments but don't we all?). It was also nice to see him have a healthy loving relationship with Gretchen. It was good to see him get on with his life as Joey was getting on with hers. This is part of the reason why I really dislike the last scene of Coda with Dawson/Joey in his room so much, I know it was meant to be a throwback to their earlier relationship but for me, it was a waste of all that character development, for Dawson especially, just to end up in the same position as he would have been in years earlier.
Old 12-23-2010, 11:13 AM
Ali
Master Fan

Agreed. I often wish S4 ended with The Graduate lol.

Quote:
I started crying along with Andie during her speech!
"In the beginning there was the three of you."
Dawson's Creek board!
Ali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 10:37 AM
Elite Fan

I love Coda
Quote:
I think by the end of that season, Dawson was one of the best developed characters on the show. I think the only one to exceed him in that capacity was Jen.
I agree He grew up so much and so did Jen. Somehow it made sense that they ended up being together during season 5, they had a similar evolution

Old 12-26-2010, 01:34 PM
Ali
Master Fan

Dawson's Creek board!
Ali is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top