Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-17-2006, 06:06 AM
Elite Fan

Well, different boards have different rules.

I have 5 cds of DC music plus the two original soundtracks. Some of my all time fave songs came from DC.
Old 09-17-2006, 08:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

This is from a board on fanforum

Quote:
Links to entire songs or episodes have copyright issues.
Links should not be allowed on the boards.
It's pretty much straight forward

Last edited by -Kelly-; 09-17-2006 at 07:55 PM Reason: changes.
Old 12-04-2007, 06:52 PM
Master Fan

just an fyi: i looks like dawsonscreekmusic.com has shut down. i'm kinda upset...i still go on that site every once in a while.
Old 12-17-2007, 09:52 AM
Dedicated Fan

Wow, was Damien Rice played on Dawson's? I didn't know that. I loved the music and was so pissed when I discovered that so many of my favorite scenes with the most amazing music was changed. It's just not the same, at all.
Old 12-17-2007, 12:01 PM
Master Fan

Yeah. It's a bit sad when you're so used to hearing certain songs in various scenes. This is partly why I don't watch the DVDs anymore, and stick to my downloaded episodes from years ago on individual disc. HUGE difference.
Old 01-09-2008, 08:09 AM
Master Fan

From another thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiNg1234 (View Post)
I am trying to find the name of the song and artist played at the end of episode 23 of season 5

Lyric goes something like this:

"There's a space I can reach across when I try... My heart gets lost
. no matter what i do... well you know.. like i would for you...
come on show me now ... how do you feel inside... i need you to move
and shake with your emotion..."

I googled the lyric but couldn't find the song or artist. Much
appreciated your help finding the name of the song and artist. Thanks
To answer your question:

On the original broadcast airing of the episode, it was "Taking Chances" by Abra Moore

On the DVD, the song above was replaced with, "Like I Would For You" by Kelly Brock

So, I think it's the last song you're looking for. Hope that helps!
Old 01-09-2008, 05:05 PM
New Fan

Thanks for the prompt reply. That is the song. But not an easy song to find. I don't think it's on any of her regular album?

Mandy, thanks for your help. But I have no luck so far finding it in term of the album it's in. Don't think it's on any of the soundtrack collection or kelly brock's regular album ;(

Hate to ask for you and everyone's help again, but much appreciated if i can get the name of the album. Thanks
Old 01-10-2008, 03:14 PM
Master Fan

You're in luck! Okay, so the original DawsonsCreekMusic .com site had the name of the artist wrong!

It's really by Karen-Lee Batten! You can hear it on her myspace: MySpace.com - Karen Lee Batten - Vancouver, B.C. - Country / Blues / Pop - www.myspace.com/karenleebatten

It's off her album, "Every Moment".

Sorry for the confusion! But the music site got it wrong and I didn't know myself, either.
Old 01-10-2008, 07:32 PM
New Fan

hmm, i tried that but it doesn't sound like the one they played on the dvd. The lyric and song is the same but the style is not the same. I am not quite sure if it's karen batten. Maybe it is really kelly brock

Mystery still not solved. ;(

I guess they did use a lot of indie songs that never ever make on any album ;(. This is probably not the only one.
Old 01-11-2008, 05:04 PM
Master Fan

Actually, it is Karen-Lee Batten. However, they used a different version of the song for the DVD. Most likely, one that wasn't copyrighted to her label, and then they didn't have to pay as much.

It might be a bootleg and not something you can get any more. So, it's not really a mystery, just not available.

Sorry!
Old 01-12-2008, 05:06 PM
New Fan

well, i extracted the song from the dvd. Guess that will be it unless I can find it in an album to get. Sounds good except it has spoken words from the show.

If anyone else knows of album with "like i would for you" (end of season 5 ep 23). please let me know. Thanks
Old 01-13-2008, 10:20 AM
New Fan

i had t make a profile here to ask.
do anyone know what song they played in season 5, think the episode is named after hours, when pacey and alex kisses? the song goes something like this: where is the sun to warm me, ¨something¨ tears so thick i cannot see.
thats all i know... hope someone can help.
Old 01-13-2008, 02:38 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettan (View Post)
i had t make a profile here to ask.
do anyone know what song they played in season 5, think the episode is named after hours, when pacey and alex kisses? the song goes something like this: where is the sun to warm me, ¨something¨ tears so thick i cannot see.
thats all i know... hope someone can help.
I think this is what you're looking for:

"Lovers" by Schiavo
Album: Schiavo

The band split up, and their CD is only available through independent companies.
Old 01-13-2008, 06:52 PM
New Fan

do you know where i can get the song or the album then? really love that song, i want it badly
Old 01-13-2008, 08:04 PM
New Fan

yet another song that we won't be able to find or buy.... ;(
Closed Thread   Post New Thread