Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2017, 02:08 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielyates1983 (View Post)
All4 in the UK as of Friday is going to be giving access to seasons 1-6, i know its a long shot but I hope it has the original music as they originally aired the show in the UK.

How do you send private messages? I have tried to but says i'm not authorised?
You need at least 2 posts to be able to send a PM. You should be able to now.
Old 11-21-2017, 02:44 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbles (View Post)
Hey new here, just got activated finally.

I'm from the Uk and grew up with Dawsons Creek, i would tape all the series when it aired onto VHS, then met someone special who became obsessed with DC, i ended up making a copy of all the tapes for her.

This was round the time Napster had started so for a lil something special i made my own 4 CD collection of songs from the series for the gf and she absolutely loved it.

We only lasted 2yrs but i still carried on watching, got annoying to watch though with series 5 airing on E4 and I didn't get freeview in my room at that point so couldn't record and half the time E4 didn't kept missing weeks without an episode.
Series 6 i was at uni so had no TV

I got the DVDs and was so disappointed with the music taken out. I have so much of music that i ended up buying, if it wasn't for DC, i'd say 90% of the music i love today, I'd have never heard of if it wasn't for DC

Chantal Kreviazuk absolute fav
Jewel
Susanna Hoffs
Third eye blind who I got to see twice now, thanks to Hows it gonna be in a trailer
Heather Nova
Nine days

My fav version of You don't know me by Jann Arden, if i ever get married, definitely my first dance song.

Anyway read through some of the posts, any news on this link to get the episodes, I decided couple weeks ago to re-run through the series but as soon as i got to series 2, i got reminded by the music taken out and its horrible, really noticed it with Kiss the rain missing, god awful song that replaced it. Just started series 3 and its almost unwatchable without the music.
If youll post 1 more time you should be able to send/receive private messages and I can help you out. Ill try to check back frequenly

Last edited by dudehere; 11-21-2017 at 03:54 PM
Old 11-21-2017, 02:58 PM
Moderator Support Team

just bought teenage dirtbag today from itunes (the DC soundtrack version)

I really love Adam Fields's music score for this show
Old 11-24-2017, 01:20 PM
New Fan

Another post so i can send a private message.

Always hoping the next possible girlfriend will be the type I can get into this sorta music. I remember this place i worked, just chatting about music and this one girl assumed cuz of the way I look id only like heavy rock sorta stuff. Played her one of my fav songs from DC Jann Ardens version of You don't know me.
Old 11-25-2017, 01:45 AM
Moderator Support Team

Do you guys prefer the Paula Cole or Jann Arden theme song? I prefer I Don't Wanna Wait but Run Like Mad isn't that bad either
Old 11-25-2017, 12:52 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dairfan21 (View Post)
Do you guys prefer the Paula Cole or Jann Arden theme song? I prefer I Don't Wanna Wait but Run Like Mad isn't that bad either
jann ardens version isnt bad its just paula coles song was all i knew for the longest. ive learned to like run like mad but i definitely prefer i dont want to wait!
Old 12-13-2017, 02:54 PM
New Fan

Hello!

Do you know if rtrompert is still active here? Or if I can reach him somehow? This may sound very unlikely, but I think I've talked to him online on IRC nearly 15 years ago. We were both always trying to get the latest TV airings of Dawson's Creek from the United States at that time. (Season 6 was still running...)

rtrompert, if you are reading this: I still have the translation you needed help with! I also found some very old logs from our favourite DC channel, which cover some time from September 2001 until January 2002. We're both in there! Not talking that much (and not to each other, that was about 2 years later...), but we were there!

Greetings from Germany!

---

Since I haven't talked about music in Dawson's Creek yet: I like so many scenes! But this is one of my favourites of all time:

In 3x03, Pacey is really drunk and visiting Joey at work. When the scene starts, you can hear "Speak Of The Devil" from Chris Isaak. Whenever I watch it, I feel very sorry for Pacey on the one hand. He is really hurt because of Andie/the breakup. But on the other hand it's so funny! The very moment when the picture of him and Andie is going under water - it's genius!
Old 12-14-2017, 01:04 AM
Part-Time Fan

Since everything started for me with run like mad (it was the opening song when it first aired in Germany in 1999 for season 1, I'm not sure if they changed it in season 2 or 3?) I like it a little bit more than I don't wanna wait. But I definitely love both songs!!!

There are reruns on German TV and we are in season 3 and it's still run like mad
I love reruns even I have all seasons on DVD, it's different
Can't wait for 9.45 a.m., it's Northern Lights today

Hi HReaper, glad to see someone from Germany
That is a really good scene, you feel so sorry for Pace and it's funny at the same time.

Last edited by Capeside_girl; 12-14-2017 at 03:32 AM
Old 12-15-2017, 05:35 AM
New Fan

Hey Capeside_girl!

I've always prefered "Run Like Mad". But "I Don't Want to Wait" is not bad at all, so I don't mind.

Norhern Lights...for me, it's basically a good episode. That look from Pacey when A.J. is picking up Joey is priceless!

But there is too much Henry in it! I've never liked him, sorry! Althoug I do envy his actor, Michael Pitt. He got a role in "The Dreamers" (2003), so he is a very lucky guy.
Old 12-15-2017, 12:33 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

Welcome HReaper! I hope you continue to post.

"I Don't Want to Wait" is my favorite, but I like both songs.
Old 01-08-2018, 10:11 AM
Master Fan

I re-watched the series penultimate episode a few days ago, and it is still weird to me that the original "I Don't Want to wait," by Paula Cole is not the opening music. I never really looked into it, so I don't know the full story. Is there a reason why that music was never used after the initial broadcast?
Old 01-09-2018, 08:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dairfan21 (View Post)
I associate both songs to DC and I don't really like one more than the other.

Bri
@Thatsso_Brianna
I will say this watching #DawsonsCreek has upped my 90’s adult contemporary music selection on Apple Music. Whosever job that was killed it. Every scene perfect music #20daysuntilthe20thanniversary

icon credit: crash landing
Old 01-10-2018, 12:16 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by obisgirl (View Post)
I re-watched the series penultimate episode a few days ago, and it is still weird to me that the original "I Don't Want to wait," by Paula Cole is not the opening music. I never really looked into it, so I don't know the full story. Is there a reason why that music was never used after the initial broadcast?
The studios didnt want to pay for the rights to the songs used including the theme song. Dvd sales for the first season were lower than expected so they decided to cut expenses.
Old 01-11-2018, 06:14 PM
New Fan

Hi everyone, like alot of people I'm on the lookout for the series with original music. Please let me know if/when someone has a copy of the series. Thanks.
Old 01-11-2018, 06:17 PM
New Fan

Also posting again so i have PM enabled
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top