Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2017, 12:39 PM
New Fan

!!!WANTED!!!... original recordings with original music

hi guys. i would like to compile as many original recordings with original music as i possibly can. ive been looking for sometime now and its my understanding an individual on this forum by the name of rtrompert had access to seasons 2-6 with original music. ive tried diligently to message him as well as others who received the link to gain access myself with no luck. so at this time id like to ask any fans who have recordings to come forward in an effort to compile as many episodes as possible. if were successful id be more than willing to convert, upload, and provide finished copies to those who help, as well as other fans who just want to watch the show as it was meant to be experienced. so please please please if you have any recordings or know anyone with recordings contact me on here or thru email thedudehere@hotmail.com thank you guys in advance. and also i just want to say thank you to everyone still keeping capeside alive. this show made me who i am today and ill always love it. glad to see so many others do as well
Old 08-30-2017, 07:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

There is a Thread to discuss the Music, so going forward, we will continue the discussion there.

Thanks.

icon credit: crash landing
Old 08-30-2017, 07:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Bumping this up as there was a recent question about the Music.

Old 08-30-2017, 08:18 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)

Bumping this up as there was a recent question about the Music.
thank you jjh85 i can see theres quite a few people who come through here looking for the same thing. ive sent a few messages to other members and am waiting for a response. hopefully we can come together and get this done once and for all. im very dedicated to seeing this through. looking forward to becoming part of your guys community. thanks again
Old 08-31-2017, 08:09 AM
New Fan

also i have the show young americans on dvd. it aired the summer of 2000. it was somewhat of a spin off of DC about will krudski. super rare and hard to find.let me know if anyone is intrested
Old 08-31-2017, 01:22 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudehere (View Post)
thank you jjh85 i can see theres quite a few people who come through here looking for the same thing. ive sent a few messages to other members and am waiting for a response. hopefully we can come together and get this done once and for all. im very dedicated to seeing this through. looking forward to becoming part of your guys community. thanks again
Welcome to the DC I hope someone's able to help. Enjoy posting here!
Old 08-31-2017, 01:26 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristinaL80 (View Post)
Welcome to the DC I hope someone's able to help. Enjoy posting here!
thank you christinaL80
Old 09-01-2017, 10:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Welcome on dudehere hope you enjoy your stay

I love YA so much Jake/Hamilton is my otp
Old 09-01-2017, 01:51 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyndie57 (View Post)
Welcome on dudehere hope you enjoy your stay

I love YA so much Jake/Hamilton is my otp
thank you very much im happy to be here!
Old 09-01-2017, 02:35 PM
New Fan

just thought id drop an update for everyone. ive spent the past couple of days emailing anyone i possibly could for original recordings. i had a good lead from a blogger in dallas who at one time had them all but has gotten rid of them. another person on reddit claims to have season 1 ( which isnt too big because the 1st season dvds have original music intact, but ill still take them since they will most likely have promos and bumper reels which will be super nostalgic!) and some of season 2. another person i contacted has some full episodes for sure although i dont know how many. im waiting to hear back from them now to work out a trade. now if the_oc74 would log on and see my PM maybe we can put our resources together and have a decent collection started . if rtrompert would log on and give us access to his collection would be the ultimate goal!1 and i would ever so grateful!! anyways the hunt continues and hopefully we can make some more progress. if anyone has any leads please send them my way! thanks guys
Old 09-11-2017, 08:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Welcome dudehere and I hope you find all of the original episodes. If you know any second hand stores that sell VHS, you might get lucky.

Old 11-08-2017, 04:19 AM
New Fan

Hey new here, just got activated finally.

I'm from the Uk and grew up with Dawsons Creek, i would tape all the series when it aired onto VHS, then met someone special who became obsessed with DC, i ended up making a copy of all the tapes for her.

This was round the time Napster had started so for a lil something special i made my own 4 CD collection of songs from the series for the gf and she absolutely loved it.

We only lasted 2yrs but i still carried on watching, got annoying to watch though with series 5 airing on E4 and I didn't get freeview in my room at that point so couldn't record and half the time E4 didn't kept missing weeks without an episode.
Series 6 i was at uni so had no TV

I got the DVDs and was so disappointed with the music taken out. I have so much of music that i ended up buying, if it wasn't for DC, i'd say 90% of the music i love today, I'd have never heard of if it wasn't for DC

Chantal Kreviazuk absolute fav
Jewel
Susanna Hoffs
Third eye blind who I got to see twice now, thanks to Hows it gonna be in a trailer
Heather Nova
Nine days

My fav version of You don't know me by Jann Arden, if i ever get married, definitely my first dance song.

Anyway read through some of the posts, any news on this link to get the episodes, I decided couple weeks ago to re-run through the series but as soon as i got to series 2, i got reminded by the music taken out and its horrible, really noticed it with Kiss the rain missing, god awful song that replaced it. Just started series 3 and its almost unwatchable without the music.
Old 11-13-2017, 06:54 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudehere (View Post)
hi guys. i would like to compile as many original recordings with original music as i possibly can. ive been looking for sometime now and its my understanding an individual on this forum by the name of rtrompert had access to seasons 2-6 with original music. ive tried diligently to message him as well as others who received the link to gain access myself with no luck. so at this time id like to ask any fans who have recordings to come forward in an effort to compile as many episodes as possible. if were successful id be more than willing to convert, upload, and provide finished copies to those who help, as well as other fans who just want to watch the show as it was meant to be experienced. so please please please if you have any recordings or know anyone with recordings contact me on here or thru email thedudehere@hotmail.com thank you guys in advance. and also i just want to say thank you to everyone still keeping capeside alive. this show made me who i am today and ill always love it. glad to see so many others do as well
Rtrompert isn't on too often, but he's very cool about sharing the wealth when he is. Took him a while to reply, but he did. It was worth the wait.
Old 11-21-2017, 11:07 AM
New Fan

Im in the same boat, I brought the DVD boxset when it first came out and after season one when i noticed all the music had been changed I refused to re watch it. The music in this show is what made it so good and made key parts of the show so memorable. I Cant believe they even cut the songs out that appear on the soundtrack.

If anyone could point me in the right direction for season 2-6 with original soundtrack it would be much appreciated, I'm sure Rtrompert must be getting sick of all the private messages.
Old 11-21-2017, 11:12 AM
New Fan

All4 in the UK as of Friday is going to be giving access to seasons 1-6, i know its a long shot but I hope it has the original music as they originally aired the show in the UK.

How do you send private messages? I have tried to but says i'm not authorised?
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top