Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2020, 09:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Bringing this over here in case anyone wants to check it out.

http://www.fanforum.com/100346145-post281.html

icon credit: crash landing
Old 04-21-2020, 08:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Bethany Joy Lenz

That is cool that you came across that!

Icon by: ***BLONDIE***
Old 04-29-2020, 10:58 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nds123 (View Post)
PM me
I literally registered to these forums just hoping to find someone who might have the show with original music.
Unfortunately the forums won’t let me send PMs, but I hope I can at least receive them.

I managed to get seasons 2, 4 and 6 with the original music, but am still missing seasons 3 and 5.
To my understanding, the first season of the DVD release kept the original soundtrack, and I have that one already.
Old 05-08-2020, 07:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Bethany Joy Lenz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svinneh (View Post)
I literally registered to these forums just hoping to find someone who might have the show with original music.
Unfortunately the forums won’t let me send PMs, but I hope I can at least receive them.

I managed to get seasons 2, 4 and 6 with the original music, but am still missing seasons 3 and 5.
To my understanding, the first season of the DVD release kept the original soundtrack, and I have that one already.
yeah I'm pretty sure my dvd's have the original music for the first two seasons and then the alternative theme music for the rest. But I am not positive on that. It could be just the first season

Icon by: ***BLONDIE***
Old 05-13-2020, 10:09 PM
New Fan

Actually I just found out that I have had the entire show on my old PC with original music, since 2017, while I, at the same time, have been searching for them like crazy.

Interestingly, the first season features Run Like Mad as the theme song, but I did some comparisons with the DVD version on the rest of the music, and it's the same on the DVDs for the first season.

From the second season onwards, I Don't Want to Wait is the theme song, and already in season 2, the music is different (and better imo) from the DVD version.

So for my personal watching purposes, I'd be using the following setup:

Season 1: DVD version
Season 2: TV version (Original music)
Season 3: TV version (Original music)
Season 4: TV version (Original music)
Season 5: TV version (Original music)
Season 6: TV version (Original music)
Finale: DVD Extended Cut
Old 06-02-2020, 11:56 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Actually I just found out that I have had the entire show on my old PC with original music, since 2017, while I, at the same time, have been searching for them like crazy.

Interestingly, the first season features Run Like Mad as the theme song, but I did some comparisons with the DVD version on the rest of the music, and it's the same on the DVDs for the first season.

From the second season onwards, I Don't Want to Wait is the theme song, and already in season 2, the music is different (and better imo) from the DVD version.

So for my personal watching purposes, I'd be using the following setup:

Season 1: DVD version
Season 2: TV version (Original music)
Season 3: TV version (Original music)
Season 4: TV version (Original music)
Season 5: TV version (Original music)
Season 6: TV version (Original music)
Finale: DVD Extended Cut
How can you say this and leave us hanging! Hello, yet another user registered to keep this seemingly long tradition alive lol I understand how the configuration of the forum makes it difficult to share the files perpetually, but you'd think there'd be some way... I've tried a bunch of public trackers, the usual streaming sites, even a p2p program, and I haven't been able to find seasons 3 to 6 with the original music yet. Anyone wants to go forward and make this more available?
Old 06-03-2020, 03:33 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastic (View Post)
How can you say this and leave us hanging! Hello, yet another user registered to keep this seemingly long tradition alive lol I understand how the configuration of the forum makes it difficult to share the files perpetually, but you'd think there'd be some way... I've tried a bunch of public trackers, the usual streaming sites, even a p2p program, and I haven't been able to find seasons 3 to 6 with the original music yet. Anyone wants to go forward and make this more available?
Helle there! I am willing to find a way to share it, as long as it doesn’t involve torrents.
Not sure which is the best way though.
Old 06-03-2020, 12:25 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Helle there! I am willing to find a way to share it, as long as it doesn’t involve torrents.
Not sure which is the best way though.
Thank you! Perhaps you could create a quick page that can be easily googled from here? Say, if I look up @svinnehcreek on Twitter, I wonder what I'll find there You're right that torrents aren't convenient in this case. Any file host will do, Mega or Google Drive are likely the best bet, probably change the file names a bit to obscure them from algorithms. Once I get them on my end, I become another source of distribution and it's then much easier to ensure they stay alive. I've actually rescued lost media before by linking my copies on pages, and the files later spread from there.

Sorry if this breaks any rules, but I'm sure most of us here came directly from services we paid for not having the version we're looking for, and obviously care a lot about preserving the show. It's the only way.
Old 06-06-2020, 02:00 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Thank you! Perhaps you could create a quick page that can be easily googled from here? Say, if I look up @svinnehcreek on Twitter, I wonder what I'll find there You're right that torrents aren't convenient in this case. Any file host will do, Mega or Google Drive are likely the best bet, probably change the file names a bit to obscure them from algorithms. Once I get them on my end, I become another source of distribution and it's then much easier to ensure they stay alive. I've actually rescued lost media before by linking my copies on pages, and the files later spread from there.

Sorry if this breaks any rules, but I'm sure most of us here came directly from services we paid for not having the version we're looking for, and obviously care a lot about preserving the show. It's the only way.
I don't know what you will find if you look for that Twitter account. Did you try...?
Old 06-06-2020, 07:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Wow, that is great that you had them.

It's been such an ongoing challenge to find them with original music. I don't know what the rules as far as sharing the. I've never had to look into that in the past.

icon credit: crash landing
Old 06-07-2020, 10:26 PM
New Fan

Quote:
I don't know what you will find if you look for that Twitter account. Did you try...?
Looks like a nice guy! I'll be on the lookout, I'm eager to see what he has to share.

I'm gonna guess most people who read this aren't committed to ruining it for the others, likely no rules truly "apply".
Old 06-09-2020, 11:25 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Looks like a nice guy! I'll be on the lookout, I'm eager to see what he has to share.

I'm gonna guess most people who read this aren't committed to ruining it for the others, likely no rules truly "apply".
Try sending them a private message there.

I would love to help everyone out with this media, but these forums STILL won't let me send PMs, and I can't find a way to ask anyone for support on the matter (pretty frustrating), so it isn't easy.
Old 06-11-2020, 12:32 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Try sending them a private message there.

I would love to help everyone out with this media, but these forums STILL won't let me send PMs, and I can't find a way to ask anyone for support on the matter (pretty frustrating), so it isn't easy.
lol This guy can't be messaged there either, maybe it's on his settings, maybe he needs to tweet first, but the option is unavailable on my end. The struggle continues...

It could be a good idea to leave a link out in the open, I don't think it would be monitored much, and that way no one has to deal with personally getting requests about offerings you left on some forum 10 years ago.
Old 06-22-2020, 09:11 AM
New Fan

Dawson's Creek: True Love Edition - Full Series with Original Music

I'm extremely proud to announce the completion of my quarantine project - Dawson's Creek: True Love Edition. This is a fanmade release of the full series with all the original music, and all the widescreen episodes possible.

You may or may not have been aware of European broadcast recordings of the show floating around the internet, brought to this forum's attention by the user rtrompert. It's great those exist, but the video quality was really lacking, and the audio was a bit compressed as well. What I did was take that source material, and splice in each song change with the original audio track from the DVD release, meticulously synchronizing both tracks. I then remuxed the resulting audio with the DVD video, resulting in a perfectly untouched video stream, and the original music.

Not only that, I included the broadcast widescreen episodes from Seasons 4-6, as well as direct DVD rips of a European Widescreen DVD release titled "Best of Seasons 1 & 2" To get a bit technical, I also corrected for what's known as the "PAL Speedup", meaning they took a 24fps video and sped it up to play on their video standard at 25fps, resulting in a faster runtime and slightly higher pitched voiced. They also stretched out the opening titles sequence, making it look distorted to fit the 16:9 aspect ratio. This was all fixed in my release.

In addition, this release provides the most comprehensive version of the series finale that currently exists, with all the deleted scenes + widescreen video where possible.

Dawson's Creek True Love Edition is available in both Digital and DVD versions. I have a folder full of video files, and a folder full of .iso's ready to burn. Why did I go through all this trouble? I love the show, and I can't bear the thought of the original broadcast music being lost to time. I even made custom DVD menus, Disc Labels & DVD Case Jackets.

So, I need your help. I want this to exist out there on the internet, and be as available as possible. If you think you can help me do that, please PM me or reach out to me on Instagram at @creekfan3. Please note that I am NOT selling this and I don't want it to be sold, this is a free product created by a fan, for the fans. Thank you!
Old 06-22-2020, 02:16 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

Wow, that's a great achievement! *Standing O* I hate that pretty much all TV shows change and ruin the original music when it is repeated on TV or released on DVD so things like this are gems now. I hope someone is able to help you and many people purchase it.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread