Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2018, 07:49 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capeside_girl (View Post)
I have a question to all of you

What song reminds you most of DC?

Whenever I hear “all I need is the air that I breathe“ (hollies) it reminds me so much, it gives me goose pumps and makes me cry 99%... it plays when Joey is in Paris in “Joey Potter and the Capeside redemtion“
I am not sure if its originally but its the song on my german DVDs and I watched it so many times on DVD that I don't remember the music when it first aired on TV.

Would be interesting to know what song reminds you the most?
Of the many, many songs I know and love from the DC original broadcasts, it's Paper Cup by Heather Nova that pulls at my heart strings. I don't quite know why, there are many similar songs which are perfectly set to similar moments, but that is THE song that really gets me each time I hear it or think about it.
Old 04-12-2018, 06:55 PM
Master Fan

Paula Cole gave a really insightful interview! I had no idea about a lot of what she said related to the theme song. I love that she wishes I Dont Want to Wait was still the theme on the DVDs and streaming sites!
Old 04-16-2018, 06:18 AM
New Fan

I can't seem to PM @dudehere, i'd love to get in touch for the broadcasted versions with original music!! I've been looking for them for years!!! m1ntz (at) hotmail.com
Old 04-16-2018, 01:10 PM
New Fan

I've dug through the forum looking for answers here but I have no idea which users are still active... besides, I'm newly registered and can't PM anyone. So, I figured I'd post here and see what comes up.

I'm actually looking for six specific episodes (1.10, 2.02, 2.05, 2.11, 3.08, 6.20) with the original music; I have the rest saved from various places, or in the case of most of season one, the DVD keeps it intact. But I'd love to complete my collection so I can go back and rewatch for the ~complete viewing experience (perhaps even the dread season 5!! LOL.)

Hopefully this isn't too much of a shot in the dark. Thanks all!
Old 04-16-2018, 04:03 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by inandoutandit (View Post)
I've dug through the forum looking for answers here but I have no idea which users are still active... besides, I'm newly registered and can't PM anyone. So, I figured I'd post here and see what comes up.

I'm actually looking for six specific episodes (1.10, 2.02, 2.05, 2.11, 3.08, 6.20) with the original music; I have the rest saved from various places, or in the case of most of season one, the DVD keeps it intact. But I'd love to complete my collection so I can go back and rewatch for the ~complete viewing experience (perhaps even the dread season 5!! LOL.)

Hopefully this isn't too much of a shot in the dark. Thanks all!
post one more time and you should be able to pm. send me an email address and ill help you no problemo
Old 04-16-2018, 04:41 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudehere (View Post)
post one more time and you should be able to pm. send me an email address and ill help you no problemo
Yay, thank you so much!!!!!!
Old 04-18-2018, 08:13 PM
Part-Time Fan

Anyone know the season and episode?

https://youtu.be/19So-ar_Es0
Old 04-18-2018, 08:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobunaga (View Post)
Anyone know the season and episode?

https://youtu.be/19So-ar_Es0
Sorry, when I click on the link it says "This Video is not Available"

icon credit: crash landing
Old 04-19-2018, 07:28 AM
New Fan

season 1 ep 1
Old 04-26-2018, 04:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

it's from the pilot when Jen gets out of the taxi :

At 0:58
Old 07-09-2018, 07:33 PM
New Fan

Hi Everyone--

Mid-30s guy here-- Would you believe I had never actually seen Dawson's Creek until this past month? It was on Amazon Prime, and I had some time to burn. Anyway, I didn't realize there was a soundtrack/music scandal until I started reading some of the Amazon reviews. A little Googling and I found this page! Wow, the nerve of some execs!

After finding and playing a few originals versions from season 2 I can totally understand how folks felt were betrayed! Again, I hadn't ever seen the originals on-air, but even I was betrayed to learn the DVD versions were so different! It's like a completely different show with the proper music, not to mention the nostalgia of some of those tunes!
Old 07-09-2018, 08:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapesideFanatic (View Post)
Hi Everyone--

Mid-30s guy here-- Would you believe I had never actually seen Dawson's Creek until this past month? It was on Amazon Prime, and I had some time to burn. Anyway, I didn't realize there was a soundtrack/music scandal until I started reading some of the Amazon reviews. A little Googling and I found this page! Wow, the nerve of some execs!

After finding and playing a few originals versions from season 2 I can totally understand how folks felt were betrayed! Again, I hadn't ever seen the originals on-air, but even I was betrayed to learn the DVD versions were so different! It's like a completely different show with the proper music, not to mention the nostalgia of some of those tunes!
Hey there Welcome to our Board and welcome to

There was quite the controversy over the music changing.

So what or who made you decide to watch DC? It is such a good show for the type of show that it is. And actually I just watched a couple episodes tonight. I can pop in a DVD anytime I want since I own the whole series.

Old 07-10-2018, 07:39 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
Hey there Welcome to our Board and welcome to

There was quite the controversy over the music changing.

So what or who made you decide to watch DC? It is such a good show for the type of show that it is. And actually I just watched a couple episodes tonight. I can pop in a DVD anytime I want since I own the whole series.
No special reason for getting in to it, just thought I'd check out a cult classic I missed; I wasn't really in to TV all that much at that time in my life (highschool), was too busy chasing tail;

I'm up to the 3rd season; not sure I can make it through much more of this anymore though; WTH did this Eve come from? Hope I saw the last of her in 3x03; what a ridiculous story arc! Joey wearing a wire on her own dad? Dawson crash the boat, strippers at dad's home, and miraculously no half-season repercussions, next episode all is forgotton; What happened to the writers at the end of Season 2?? Kind of disappointed. This better get better soon or I fear the music (even the genuine tunes) can't save it!
Old 07-10-2018, 09:13 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapesideFanatic (View Post)
No special reason for getting in to it, just thought I'd check out a cult classic I missed; I wasn't really in to TV all that much at that time in my life (highschool), was too busy chasing tail;

I'm up to the 3rd season; not sure I can make it through much more of this anymore though; WTH did this Eve come from? Hope I saw the last of her in 3x03; what a ridiculous story arc! Joey wearing a wire on her own dad? Dawson crash the boat, strippers at dad's home, and miraculously no half-season repercussions, next episode all is forgotton; What happened to the writers at the end of Season 2?? Kind of disappointed. This better get better soon or I fear the music (even the genuine tunes) can't save it!

Oh I understand what you mean. Absolutely! That whole Eve storyline is so weird and bothering.
But don't give up, season 3 is getting better and better, trust me. Hope you go on watching and tell us what you think about this season. It's exciting to see how a newy thinks about Dawsons Creek after 20 years. I watched it when it first aired, I was 16. And I am re-watching it 1 or 2 times a year sometimes just the last couple of episodes of season 3

Enjoy!!!!
Old 07-10-2018, 09:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm hoping you stick with it too, but let us know one way or the other. S3 (minus Eve|) is my favourite season and the writers realized their mistake and took her out of the storyline.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top