Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2012, 11:42 AM
Extreme Fan

The Dawson's Creek Board Rewatch: [1x04] "Discovery" ~ May 21st - May 24th

The Official Dawson's Creek Board Rewatch Thread

"Discovery" ~ 1x04

Synopsis: Dawson learns of his mother's affair, and upon discovering that Joey already knew, he turns to Jen for comfort and advice. He regrets doing so when she tells him about her past and the real reason she moved to Capeside. Meanwhile Pacey and Tamara continue to tempt fate with their fling.

I would like to invite everyone to participate in our re-watch, be it first-time
viewer or long-time fan. This is our opportunity to relive the Dawson's Creek days and to
discuss our favorite moments, things we would like to change or maybe totally new
things we never noticed before. We will watch two episodes every week, one Monday-Thursday and the other Friday-Sunday. Due to our different time-zones we decided to not name an exact
time and date, so everyone can decide for themselves when they watch the episode.
I will update this thread every Thursday and then again on Sunday, when we start a new episode, so all discussion
can take place in here too. Have Fun!
Old 05-23-2012, 08:29 AM
Extreme Fan

I think Pacey is kinda funny in this episode, how panicked he is about getting that video.... oh Pacey...

I hate that Dawson had to find out about his mom and I hate how he treats Jen but I really do like the end with DJo. I love the music and their little talk. I think there is so much underlying tension, its so obvious!
Old 05-23-2012, 05:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

I liked this episode, I think it provided more tension and more background on Dawson/Joey's friendship. I did feel bad for Jen as well, how Dawson ran from her to go talk to Joey.
I am an original”
msstock87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 06:01 PM
Addicted Fan

The Prude and the pervert

I swear Pacey and Joey had such sexual tension between them.

Dawson was oblivious as usual!
americanamuchacha020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 06:25 PM
Extreme Fan

I totalyl agree...

Although in Dawson's defense... I didn't see it when I first watched the show either!
Old 05-23-2012, 09:28 PM
New Fan

I'm new to this whole thread thing, but when I was in middle school Dawson's Creek was the show to watch! Rewatching it now that I'm in college, I still love it. I LOVE Tamara and Pacey in this episode. UGH.

Tamara:The one in high school, I wasn't talking about my high school.

Probably one of the sweetest things she ever says to him. I'm dreading the next couple of episodes knowing what's to come!! LOL
tiffanyrae09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 06:19 AM
Extreme Fan

Hi tiffany!! Welcome!!!

I love Tamara and Pacey in this episode too! I looooooove that line!! His smile after she says it is adorable!!!
Old 08-14-2015, 05:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Xo, Kitty

so what dawson and jen are together now? strange couple. I'm not sure they are really on the same page. and the way dawson reacted to jen telling him who she was was a bit annoying.

the joey/pacey banter at the beginning was funny.

dawson seeing his mom cheating was hard to watch. cant believe she is being so reckless especially when she had a great family.

i dint really understand how/why pacey and dawson are friends? they seem so different.

i understand why dawson was mad at joey for not telling him about her mom. and its obvious there is tension between them, which i like a lot.

"full of grace" is such a great song too!
Old 08-14-2015, 05:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Nice to see this Thread bumped up. I suspect you have seen the series before. Are you watching it on ABC Family or do you own the DVDs?

I'm on the fence about Joey telling Dawson about his mom. She did go to Gail to give her an opportunity to come clean. After all, Mitch and Gail were also like a second family to Joey, so she had to respect that to some degree. Dawson did a similar thing in S2 when he approached Joey's dad first before going to Joey about the drug dealing.

The thing with Pacey and Dawson is they have been friends for so many years and when you are small children there really isn't anything all that different between friends at that age. I does come with time. My son and his best friend were inseparable right from Primary until High school and then they got different friends.

icon credit: crash landing

Last edited by JJH85; 08-14-2015 at 05:12 PM
JJH85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 10:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm on the fence with the affair thing too since it's hard to know if its your place in a situation like that. I mean it destroys family's....

'People that are meant to be together always find their way in the end'
BrookeღLucas l EdwardღBella l RonღHermione l RyanღTaylor
avi: NOLA504
falling slowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 01:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Xo, Kitty

Quote:
I suspect you have seen the series before. Are you watching it on ABC Family or do you own the DVDs?
i do have all the dvds but i actually have been watching them online. i dont think I've ever even watched my dvds but oh well.

i get joey going to dawsons mom first, but it wasnt like she said "i know you're cheating, you need to tell Dawson or i will"... all she did was say "i know" and then acted cold towards her. and then she remained to keep quiet. she should have gone to dawson at least the next day.

same for dawsons dad. now dawson knows and he needs to tell his father. it sucks to have everyone know a secret you dont and not tell you about it. if none of my friends told me my boyfriend was cheating on me i'd be upset too.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top