Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-13-2006, 05:39 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I think that pacey/Joey deserved more time in season 6...
I agree. They did get plenty of time in seasons three and four (though I'm against how they broke them up), but in S6, it was about how they'd grown since then and how they still worked together as adults. It would have been nice to see more of that, since they ended up together in the end.

I'd also like to repeat my wish for Dawson with anyone else besides Joey. I didn't think it was fair to his character to give him no other "serious" interest. His relationships with Jen and Gretchen both failed partly because he could never get over Joey. His others relationships were just basically flings. I think that they should have shown him happy and content with someone else, and truly over her -- at least in the finale -- since he didn't end up with her in the end.

I agree about Drue/Jen, or just Jen with anyone...
barbeegurl00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 05:53 PM
Passionate Fan

Dawson and Jen. They were really great together - their breakup in season five seemed totally contrived, and in season one their relationship was really more of a device - a mere obstacle to Dawson and Joey coming together - than a romance to be explored in its own right.
Old 12-14-2006, 03:17 PM
Part-Time Fan

Pacey/Andie
Drue/Jen
Dawson/Joey (season 5-6)
Old 12-15-2006, 06:44 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Sorry to drag this thread up from the past but I really don't get why some people think P/J needed more time together. They were the couple out of all of the couples on DC that got the most screen time and the longest relationship. Not every moment in Season 4 was about Dawson, they had other issues to contend with such as Pacey's lack of self esteem and their futures.

I think PJ had TOO much time together, Season 4 was all about them imo, we barely got to see the other characters, the D/G relationship was built up nicely but again in the background compared to PJ. They took centre stage. And tbh in Season 5, I was relieved that there wasn't that much PJ because it meant other characters such as Jen and Jack could shine.
I still think the fans of Pacey and Joey deserved something more in season 4. Not necessarily more time, just a better quality of writing for the time we did get. To me, a lot of their issues did go back to Dawson. And hell...something that actually didn't have anything to do with Dawson (their break up) didn't even make much sense. There were some nice Pacey/Joey scenes and moments, but overall.. I was disappointed with the season because that couple was my main reason for watching the show.
Kyls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 06:16 PM
New Fan

I think Dawson and Joey not nescarilly more time but better handled like said before because everytime they finally got a shot something happened and that repeated like a zillion times. I think Dawson also should have got more time with any girl basically.
OTHisBRUCAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 11:11 AM
Total Fan

Jack and Tobey, for sure!
Samwise Gamgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 11:20 AM
Passionate Fan

Wow - who drag this thread back from the dead!

Well of course I'll say Joey and Dawson but really, I would have like to see more of Pacey and Andie in the last season.
Old 11-09-2009, 11:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Holy resurrected thread, Batman!

Quote:
Jack and Tobey, for sure!
Even though I was never the biggest shipper of them (and not for any reason other than we never really got to know them), I can agree with the sentiment wholeheartedly. Honestly, Jack was the gay male version of Jen when it came to relationships. He got one glorious moment in the sun with one guy then..poof..done. It was really disappointing because I thought they built the "Jack being gay" storyline up quite well. He went through the process of accepting his sexuality after struggling with it for so long. Then, Toby comes along and we finally think, great, we're going to see Jack successfully build a relationship. But as soon as S5 came around, it was over. It was really short-sighted and completely out of character for Jack. Yes, he was bound to grow and to change in S5, and, yes, most HS romances don't last past HS. The way they ended, though, was so contrived, almost as if the writer's didn't want to put in the effort of rounding out that pairing.

Quote:
I agree about Drue/Jen, or just Jen with anyone...
I 100% back both ideas, though it is no secret that I am largely a fan of Drue/Jen. He was the only guy, that I felt, really saw Jen as Jen and he never judged her for changing or not changing. She was just Jen to him and, really, that was all that he wanted. She was not going to save or redeem him, she was not going to be this perfect angel he put on a pedestal. She was just a girl, with flaws that he was willing to accept. After all she went through, I think she deserved at least that much.
Old 11-09-2009, 01:00 PM
Elite Fan

Dawson/Jen come to mind first, for sure. I loved these two so much - especially in S5. I loved every moment we got with them throughout the seasons but I wish that when they finally got together, it didn't end so quickly and so stupidly.

I also was eager to see more of CJ and Jen.
Old 11-09-2009, 08:04 PM
Elite Fan

Dawson/Jen and Pacey/Andie

I would hate to miss another boat
milestogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 07:22 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by starzscarme (View Post)
Holy resurrected thread, Batman!

Even though I was never the biggest shipper of them (and not for any reason other than we never really got to know them), I can agree with the sentiment wholeheartedly. Honestly, Jack was the gay male version of Jen when it came to relationships. He got one glorious moment in the sun with one guy then..poof..done. It was really disappointing because I thought they built the "Jack being gay" storyline up quite well. He went through the process of accepting his sexuality after struggling with it for so long. Then, Toby comes along and we finally think, great, we're going to see Jack successfully build a relationship. But as soon as S5 came around, it was over. It was really short-sighted and completely out of character for Jack. Yes, he was bound to grow and to change in S5, and, yes, most HS romances don't last past HS. The way they ended, though, was so contrived, almost as if the writer's didn't want to put in the effort of rounding out that pairing.
That's exactly how I feel.
They just dismissed Tobey like he never even existed. They "abandoned" the storyline. Tobey was cute and that scene they shared on the boat, under the moon (I believe it was Anti-Prom episode... can't remember)... The chemistry between them. I liked Ethan too, but Tobey was great. Tobey and Jack had so much to live together... to grow together...
Old 11-10-2009, 07:23 AM
Total Fan

Oh... and I'm up for Andie and Pacey too!
They should have had so much more time together...
Old 11-10-2009, 08:46 AM
Ali
Master Fan

Please don't double post in the future.

I totally agree about Drue/Jen. Out of all the pairings, they needed more time together. What a waste.

Agreed about Toby/Jack too.
Dawson's Creek board!
Ali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 01:35 PM
Elite Fan

Me being in our denial land aka the bitter barn, I totally forgot to mention Jen&Drue

I would hate to miss another boat
milestogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 10:22 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali Marie (View Post)
Please don't double post in the future.
Oh Sorry.
Usually I post like this when subjects are different or when I'm replying different posts. I'll try not to!

Reply   Post New Thread