Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2015, 09:30 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

Board Recustomization!

Hi everyone ,

The Fan Forum Graphics Team is in the process of (re)customizing message boards and now it's your turn!

If you have any picture or color suggestions please post them in this thread. Don't post (hotlink) the pictures, links to them are fine. Make sure that the pictures are of as high quality as possible and that the top of the head of the person in the picture isn't cropped off. We also like to use photoshoot images when possible, preferably individual pictures of each cast member. When suggesting colours please keep in mind that some colors will work better than others. The Team usually tries to avoid really vibrant and dark colours because we have found in the past that they are hard to look at for long periods of time.

Everyone is encouraged to voice their opinions for this as you are the ones who will be posting on the board and we hope to make as many people happy with the finished result as possible. It does not matter if you are a board moderator, regular poster, or casual poster here. If you have a suggestion, please share it here with us .

Your suggestions for possible pictures and colors will be taken into serious consideration, but in the interest of seeing every board receive the best customized look possible the final decision concerning how this board will be customized will be made by the members of the Graphics Team. This is because we want to make sure that the selected graphic and colours fit into the overall design scheme that we've established for Fan Forum.

For a full explanation of the message board customization process, see this thread. If you have any questions, please feel free to send Rae or Mel a PM or ask the Team on the message board customization thread.

Please leave this topped until a week or so after the board has been (re)customized.

Note: It usually takes less than two weeks for us to finish making the new banner and the sooner we know what you want, the more we can work on it (though it can take a few months or so to set it up with the new colours on the board), so please let us know your suggestions as soon as possible.

When the Team have made and voted on a winning graphic I will close this thread until the graphic and colors get put up. It will then be re-opened so that you can share your thoughts about it.

Rae and Mel
Old 04-22-2015, 05:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Should we keep the same characters that are on the current banner ? Also, any color preferences?
Old 04-23-2015, 06:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by cap'n cook (View Post)
Should we keep the same characters that are on the current banner ? Also, any color preferences?
I want andie in there. I like a lighter color. also can Audrey be in there? both of those girls were part of the cast too.
Old 04-23-2015, 06:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

how come andie and Audrey weren't in there before?
Old 04-23-2015, 08:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

That's a question that we can't answer. That was the decision made by the previous mods and/or the graphics team, and that was over 6 years ago. Is there a gallery maybe with photoshoots?

i love you. ♡
21:21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 09:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree with the suggestion of adding Andie, but Audrey was only in it for two seasons and she didn't even make it to the finale, so I don't think it is necessary given that other characters were in all or most seasons and aren't part of the banner.

I've never watched a Board get recustomized, so will need to check out the link in the OP for more details before adding my thoughts.

icon credit: crash landing
JJH85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 02:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I vote for brighter colors and I think it would be great to have Andie in the banner
Old 04-24-2015, 04:14 AM
Elite Fan

What colours would you like to see? Are there any photoshoots you love for each of the characters?
Old 04-24-2015, 06:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by haunted skies (View Post)
What colours would you like to see? Are there any photoshoots you love for each of the characters?
I would like to see a yellow possibly and I love james and katies photoshoots also merediths.
Old 04-24-2015, 06:49 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

Could you please link the photoshoots/pictures per character that you would like to see in the banner.
Old 04-24-2015, 08:14 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I just put together 2 new OP's.

I hope they match or the board doesn't change that much.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Jaime Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 05:37 PM
Obsessed Fan

I think the Photo should have 2 photos of each character..one from the earlier seasons and one from the later seasons..

example

Season 1 or 2 Dawson then a season 5 or 6 Dawson..

not sure if Audrey should be in it..but agree Andie should be in it.
taubman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 05:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm not a big fan of the Pacey pic they used in the current Banner. I would like to see that changed.

This is my personal favourite Pacey pic. S5

And this is another nice one. S3

icon credit: crash landing
JJH85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 06:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

I like both of those Pacey pictures.
I am an original”
msstock87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 06:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

My favorite is the 2nd

Everytime I see a pic from the cast in the early seasons, they're in front of the water or the grass, so I guess for the colors, I'd like to see a mix of sky blue and light green

I'd love this pic for Andie in the banner :