Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2004, 08:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Anyone want to poke their eyes out while watching the BORING early Mitch/Gale drama?

OMG, they drove me nuts. I can't watch them together AT ALL in season 1, 2, 3. They are so freaking annoying. I could have cared less about their marriage drama. The only time I could remotely watch is whenever one of them were interacting with Dawson on a solo basis. Ugh.. They worked my last nerve. I have had lots of down time lately, and I have watched some TBS Creek and watching the reruns have remined me of how much I hated their storyline. Granted, I was interested in how their drama affected Dawson to a degree. I actually felt horribly for Dawson whenever he found out about his mom cheating and having to endure his indecisive parents go back and forth on an endless basis. But OMG, to see those two back and forth and all over the place in seasons 1, 2, and 3 was so irritating. For me, they are by far, the most boring and irritating adult couple in history of tv. I loved the Walshes on 90210 ten times more than the Leery's. LOL

Did anyone else hate their drama as much as I did?
Old 08-29-2004, 08:17 PM
Master Fan

I really didn't have a problem with watching Mitch and Gail because of the fact that some teenagers DO have to deal with that from there parents.

This day and age, divorce isn't that uncommon.

Age-a-licious's Bootylicious Nsync Fanfiction Page
Old 08-29-2004, 08:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

I liked Mitch and gale's relationship, becausse they wre one of those cool parents that u dont really see in real life parents, but yeah at times with their back and forth bickering it really was annoying.
Old 08-29-2004, 08:53 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I agree that the Mitch and Gale storyline definitely does happen in real life as divorce is a non-stop reality. Of course that's true.

Why I hated Mitch and Gale was mainly because of how it was portrayed on the screen, not necessarily the content. It just came across to me as annoying and boring. Maybe I actually disliked the actors chemistry together or I was just way more interested in the other storylines going on.. Either way, Mitch and Gale always rubbed me the wrong way and drove me nuts. The only purpose they served for me was whenever they were on the screen together, I knew it was a perfect time to jump into the kitchen for a snack or beverage. lol
Old 08-29-2004, 09:29 PM
Cotton Candy

I loved watching Gale and Mitch's story unfold in the first couple of seasons, especially in Season 1. Hurricane is still one of my all-time favorite episodes and they were the ones who made it so compelling. JMHO.

Old 08-29-2004, 10:24 PM
Elite Fan

I loved the early Gale/Mitch stuff. The whole story was very realistic.
Old 08-29-2004, 10:31 PM
Cotton Candy

I couldn't agree more

Old 08-30-2004, 12:47 AM
Administrator

I couldn't stand the early Mitch and Gale stuff. I thought they were so over the top with their "coffee table antics," and Gale's reasoning for cheating on Mitch was as shallow and selfish as could be. I thought they were so caricatured, and I couldn't care less when they broke up. I grew to tolerate them in the later seasons of the show, but their storyline was horrible in Seasons One and Two.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 08-30-2004, 01:31 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally posted by Jerry D
I couldn't stand the early Mitch and Gale stuff. I thought they were so over the top with their "coffee table antics," and Gale's reasoning for cheating on Mitch was as shallow and selfish as could be. I thought they were so caricatured, and I couldn't care less when they broke up. I grew to tolerate them in the later seasons of the show, but their storyline was horrible in Seasons One and Two.
Right on, Jerry. This is EXACTLY how I feel. You said it. Their storyline was horrific in seasons one and two. And I also tolerated them later on. Glad I'm not the only one that feels this way.
Old 08-30-2004, 01:32 AM
Cotton Candy

I'm totally the opposite. I loved the drama that they brought to the show in the early years and found them to be really dull in the later seasons. They really had nothing to contribute to the show after KW left.

Old 08-30-2004, 01:48 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally posted by DCreekFreak
They really had nothing to contribute to the show after KW left.
Yeah, I know.. That is why I started to tolerate them.
Old 08-30-2004, 02:05 AM
Elite Fan

I get kind of bored with Mitch and Gail sometimes. They didn't really bother me.

KH asked about kissing her ex (JJ) in front of the cameras all day:

"Maybe there's a hint of realism?"
Old 08-30-2004, 03:38 PM
Absolute Fan

Gale bothered me more then Mitch at first. They didn't really get on my nerves though. I liked them in "Hurricane". So much drama.

Angel- I love you. I try not to, but I can't stop. Buffy- Me, me, too. I can't either.
Old 08-30-2004, 09:06 PM
Administrator

I think the most cringe-worthy line in Dawson's Creek's history was when Gale said "Okay Mr. Man-meat, I'll see you later" to Mitch in the Pilot. Who would say that to their husband, and who would say that to their husband in front of their teenage son and his friend? Give me a break! The depiction of Mitch and Gale's relationship in the early seasons of the show was a complete joke, and a bad joke at that, and it was even worse when they had them remarry after they had been divorced and caused each other so much pain.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 08-30-2004, 10:33 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Once again, Jerry, I completely agree with you. That Mr. Man Meat comment was so cringe worthy. If my parents would have EVER acted like that in front of me, my siblings or with any of my friends around, I would have had to go to therapy just to get the horrible picture out of my head. LOL.. Yikes..

You're right Jerry.. Regarding their marriage troubles.. They put each other through hell but for me, most importantly, they put their son through hell. Seriously, Dawson really had to endure some things that he never should have witnessed. Anyone knows that when a couple is having marriage difficulties, and there are children involved, you ALWAYS try to keep your children out of it. Your children are fragile enough while having to accept things and as a parent, you should try to protect your children from further pain. Mitch and Gale failed miserably during this one. Dawson was always witnessing things he never should have seen.. Like the night that Mitch and Gale had sex during their separated time and Dawson walked in on it because they did not have the decency to go behind closed doors. So here, their son sees this and is all excited that their parents are reuniting, only for his father to later tell him that it was all a mistake. Or having that date night where Dawson knew fully well what was going on as Mitch and Gale were going out.. Or Mitch bringing that co-worker to the wedding knowing full well that Gale was going to be there, let alone Dawson also being there.. And there were many more instances... Yeah, the game playing was so ridiculous...

They really did torture each other and then most importantly, never made it easy for their son in the whole game playing process.. It was all horrible to watch.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread