Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2018, 10:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4brathan&brucas (View Post)
"Do you think you could ever love me like that? Like a soul mate?" That's embarrassing. We're talking about his two best friends, and Pacey has been reduced to wanting what D/Jo has, just one season after he had been in a loving relationship with Andie. I don't get why the writers wanted to torture Pacey that way. He went from one angsty relationship to another.
You bring up a very good point here.

icon credit: crash landing
JJH85 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 12:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
You bring up a very good point here.

People say that Pacey went through a tough time with Andie, but he never looked more burdened by issues on the show than when he got involved with Joey. It cost him his long-time friendship with Dawson, and his school grades started suffering. Plus, it made a mockery of everything that had come prior in their lives. Pacey was the person who kept talking Dawson and Joey into confessing their true feelings for each other (in seasons 1 and 2) so nobody knows how strong D/Jo is more than Pacey does. Again, this explains why he's so miserable when he entangles himself in a love triangle with them. He keeps comparing himself to Dawson and trying to force Joey into saying they have a "soul mates" connection like she has with Dawson.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Crystal Clear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 04:28 PM
Moderator Support Team

he was really dislikable in this episode and it went downhill from here

https://dawsonscreekdaily.tumblr.com...1-pacey-witter
Old 03-13-2018, 12:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

6.18 being with you doesn't feel right I don't feel it. PJ was endgame?
Old 03-22-2018, 01:20 PM
Loyal Fan

Is it true that Kevin Williamson had a "Joey" in his own real life but it didn't work out...so he may have been projecting his own irritation in the show? You know, instead of righting a wrong through fiction, like you're supposed to, lol.

♥ tess/oliver | sydney/vaughn | faith/angel | dawson/joey | lex/lana | rogue/wolverine | harry/hermione | lois/clark | spike/buffy ♥

Paradise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 07:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise (View Post)
Is it true that Kevin Williamson had a "Joey" in his own real life but it didn't work out...so he may have been projecting his own irritation in the show? You know, instead of righting a wrong through fiction, like you're supposed to, lol.
yeah thats interesting.
Old 03-24-2018, 11:06 AM
Moderator Support Team

I think I remember watching an interview where he said that there was a bit of him in Pacey too?
Old 03-24-2018, 08:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dairfan21 (View Post)
I think I remember watching an interview where he said that there was a bit of him in Pacey too?
Kevin mentioned that there was a bit of him in all the main characters.

Old 03-26-2018, 06:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
yeah I think there was.
Old 03-28-2018, 09:01 PM
Elite Fan

It’s been years since I posted here (glad to the thread is still going!) but just watched the behind the scenes special for the EW magazine cover and the anti-PJer in me was still cranky at Kevin’s (non)-explanation for the finale couple outcome! Oh, and the fact that Josh was sitting next to Katie lol
Old 03-28-2018, 10:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
Kevin mentioned that there was a bit of him in all the main characters.
Funny how I just posted this a few days ago and Kevin confirmed it in the Reunion Interview today.

Old 03-29-2018, 06:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb D (View Post)
It’s been years since I posted here (glad to the thread is still going!) but just watched the behind the scenes special for the EW magazine cover and the anti-PJer in me was still cranky at Kevin’s (non)-explanation for the finale couple outcome! Oh, and the fact that Josh was sitting next to Katie lol
Deb D he was? oh. and we need to update the op. 4.13 fight. I like the I forgot because there were how many by then? same things.
Old 05-16-2018, 10:06 PM
Moderator Support Team

Do any of you fellow anti-PJers like these 2 in 1x10 cause I actually like them a lot in
that ep with the banter, dynamic, and heart-to-heart convo

that and 1x13

S1 PJo reminds me of some of my other fave bantering ships Seth/Summer, Dair, Literati

I kinda wish they could've just kept them as friends throughout the show instead of the hellfire that is S4

damn the dialogue is exactly the same

previously penhallow-aline

previously penhallow-aline

haven't seen tvd but I'm a stelena shipper from what I've seen

Last edited by atwoodsmariano; 05-16-2018 at 11:39 PM
atwoodsmariano is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 12:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
he was really dislikable in this episode and it went downhill from here

https://dawsonscreekdaily.tumblr.com...1-pacey-witter

You've nailed it I can't bear Season 4 Pacey. His glow from Seasons 1 and 2 was just gone. The insecurities and whines just flooded through, right from the first scene.

I absolutely hate this quote, which is clearly Pacey referring to Andie ~

You throw in the occasional downward spiral of a dear friend

WTF??? He literally makes a mockery of the illness she had, which is disgraceful. He shared that with Andie more than anyone did, and he just uses it here to make a joke of everything waiting for them back home. Terrible writing.

Honestly, PROMICIDE was just a culmination of everything that had come during the season. P/J fans act as if it was out of character, but it wasn't. His anger towards her in that episode had been bubbling beneath the surface since they got together.

I couldn't tell if it was guilt towards how they had shut Dawson and Andie out, sadness over how much everything had changed, or just plain realization on Pacey's part that he and Joey were not the fantasy relationship he had hoped it would be.

Honestly, his dialogue on the Prom boat is so depressing that I don't understand how anyone would root for P/J to stay together after that. He addresses the fact that he feels worthless with her, then in the next episode, he takes it all back You can't just ignore your problems. THAT is Pacey's problem - he tried to ignore the real world when he was with Joey.

Maybe I wouldn't mind so much, if people didn't act as if Dawson treated Joey worse than anybody else did.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Crystal Clear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 04:20 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Clear (View Post)
You've nailed it I can't bear Season 4 Pacey. His glow from Seasons 1 and 2 was just gone. The insecurities and whines just flooded through, right from the first scene.

I absolutely hate this quote, which is clearly Pacey referring to Andie ~

You throw in the occasional downward spiral of a dear friend

WTF??? He literally makes a mockery of the illness she had, which is disgraceful. He shared that with Andie more than anyone did, and he just uses it here to make a joke of everything waiting for them back home. Terrible writing.

Honestly, PROMICIDE was just a culmination of everything that had come during the season. P/J fans act as if it was out of character, but it wasn't. His anger towards her in that episode had been bubbling beneath the surface since they got together.

I couldn't tell if it was guilt towards how they had shut Dawson and Andie out, sadness over how much everything had changed, or just plain realization on Pacey's part that he and Joey were not the fantasy relationship he had hoped it would be.

Honestly, his dialogue on the Prom boat is so depressing that I don't understand how anyone would root for P/J to stay together after that. He addresses the fact that he feels worthless with her, then in the next episode, he takes it all back You can't just ignore your problems. THAT is Pacey's problem - he tried to ignore the real world when he was with Joey.

Maybe I wouldn't mind so much, if people didn't act as if Dawson treated Joey worse than anybody else did.
found this Joey quote from 4x02

Quote:
“You know, this is where it gets rough. We spent 3 months on the sea, but… We didn’t even come close to weathering the storm. We ran away. We made our own reality and… It was so wonderful. But it couldn’t last forever. Nor should it. Pacey, a relationship isn’t about a romantic 3-month cruise. It’s gonna be the details that define us. You know, like… The moments.”
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top