Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2016, 12:32 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcfriends (View Post)
I do feel that Pacey was more likeable in the first 2 seasons.

I was a big PJo fan back in the day, but all their fighting about Dawson has made them less appealing to me. It's not really fun to re-watch.

Their relationship didn't really evolve in S4. It regressed and it reached its breaking point in Promicide.

Their morning after in 4x15 makes me cringe.
It seemed to me that Joey set herself as the moral standard that Pacey should achieve to be. Also she had a habit of talking down to him.

It's interesting that Andie who was a lot brighter than Joey(early acceptance into Harvard etc) never talked down to Pacey.

Andie and Pacey on the boardwalk after she rn out of the dance season 2

Pacey.."I'm a screw up Andie why do you like me?"

Andie..How smart you are, how you can spar with me better than anyone."

Not quite word for word, but I don't remember Joey ever talked to pacey like that.
TL22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 07:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I do feel that Pacey was more likeable in the first 2 seasons.

I was a big PJo fan back in the day, but all their fighting about Dawson has made them less appealing to me. It's not really fun to re-watch.

Their relationship didn't really evolve in S4. It regressed and it reached its breaking point in Promicide.

Their morning after in 4x15 makes me cringe.
oh 4.15. why does he ask her that? how many fights the same things? circling.
Old 01-31-2016, 07:30 PM
Passionate Fan

I was just re-watching season 5. Pacey and Joey seem to be better off as just friends.
dcfriends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 07:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I was just re-watching season 5. Pacey and Joey seem to be better off as just friends.
I do like their friendship, I always have, it just seems in season 5 joey doesn't seem to care that pacey is dating audrey, she gives her blessing that they should date. If she really loved Pacey, she would be hurt.
Old 02-01-2016, 01:04 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandiexjeyton (View Post)
I do like their friendship, I always have, it just seems in season 5 joey doesn't seem to care that pacey is dating audrey, she gives her blessing that they should date. If she really loved Pacey, she would be hurt.
I know. In everyones mind Pacey and Joey as a couple were dead, till the irratioinal last minute ending which made no sense.
Old 02-01-2016, 01:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by TL22 (View Post)
I know. In everyones mind Pacey and Joey as a couple were dead, till the irratioinal last minute ending which made no sense.
I know. I wonder what they're doing now.
Old 02-05-2016, 04:31 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
it just seems in season 5 joey doesn't seem to care that pacey is dating audrey, she gives her blessing that they should date. If she really loved Pacey, she would be hurt.
True.

Quote:
I always thought sex killed Dawson/Joey because it was too grown up for their immature, childish relationship.
Dawson should've told Joey about Natasha before they slept together, but things fell apart for PJo too after they slept together.

I like Joey overall, but I don't think she should've lied to Dawson about sleeping with Pacey. I think the lie was a pretty big deal.

In 4x19, Joey told Dawson that sex wasn't what she thought it was going to be. I don't have the exact dialogue, but I think she was basically saying that sex doesn't always bring people closer together and that Dawson/Gretchen were closer than a lot of people that are having sex.

I don't think DJo were as immature as the anti-DJers make them out to be. Dawson grew up a lot in S4 and Joey was very understanding when she found out about Dawson/Jen in S5. She was upset, but she didn't throw a tantrum. Dawson was hesitant to make a move on Joey in late S5 because he thought that she moved on with Charlie.

I agree with people who say that PJo's relationship wasn't really healthy in S4.
Old 02-06-2016, 01:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
True.

Dawson should've told Joey about Natasha before they slept together, but things fell apart for PJo too after they slept together.

I like Joey overall, but I don't think she should've lied to Dawson about sleeping with Pacey. I think the lie was a pretty big deal.

In 4x19, Joey told Dawson that sex wasn't what she thought it was going to be. I don't have the exact dialogue, but I think she was basically saying that sex doesn't always bring people closer together and that Dawson/Gretchen were closer than a lot of people that are having sex.

I don't think DJo were as immature as the anti-DJers make them out to be. Dawson grew up a lot in S4 and Joey was very understanding when she found out about Dawson/Jen in S5. She was upset, but she didn't throw a tantrum. Dawson was hesitant to make a move on Joey in late S5 because he thought that she moved on with Charlie.

I agree with people who say that PJo's relationship wasn't really healthy in S4.
I agree with this. DJ never got a chance to be. PJ kept fighting and they never resolved anything when they fought.
Old 02-07-2016, 11:48 PM
Extreme Fan

Quoting DCfriends

Quote:
Basically Joey is telling Dawson that sex with Pacey sucks. Compare that with Pacey and Andie........Both of them thought sex was wonderful.

Another indication that Pacey and Joey were never meant to be anything but friends.
Old 02-09-2016, 01:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Their fighting was some of the most vicious I've seen in a TV show.
Old 02-15-2016, 12:36 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Basically Joey is telling Dawson that sex with Pacey sucks.
I listened to the season 4 DVD commentaries a while ago and I think it was the network that pushed for PJo to have sex. I think the writers original idea was that PJo don't have sex because Joey realizes that she wants her first time to be with Dawson and that was supposed to lead to PJo's break up. But the network wanted something big to happen.
Old 02-15-2016, 03:45 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I listened to the season 4 DVD commentaries a while ago and I think it was the network that pushed for PJo to have sex. I think the writers original idea was that PJo don't have sex because Joey realizes that she wants her first time to be with Dawson and that was supposed to lead to PJo's break up. But the network wanted something big to happen.
I haven't heard of that, but it makes a lot of sense, I believe the network pressured KW into the last minute change of Pacey and Joey ending up together.

The thing that always gets me is at Dawson's Creek 100 episode party. Jousha Jackson shows up with a picture of Meredith Monroe pinned over his heart with "I love Andie" scrawled across it. This happened well into the 5th season.

This speaks volumes as to how Jousha Jackson felt.
Old 02-15-2016, 04:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by TL22 (View Post)
I haven't heard of that, but it makes a lot of sense, I believe the network pressured KW into the last minute change of Pacey and Joey ending up together.

The thing that always gets me is at Dawson's Creek 100 episode party. Jousha Jackson shows up with a picture of Meredith Monroe pinned over his heart with "I love Andie" scrawled across it. This happened well into the 5th season.

This speaks volumes as to how Jousha Jackson felt.
What did the actors say?
Old 02-17-2016, 02:51 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandiexjeyton (View Post)
What did the actors say?
I have no idea.
Old 02-17-2016, 03:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

why these two are a good couple I will never know. How does she make him better I will never know. How come they never resolved anything when they fought? Every freaking episode. They are whats boring!