Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

  Mid-Season TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread
 
Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2020, 02:45 AM
  #181
Part-Time Fan
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 207
Hi everyone! I am a first time watcher of Dawson's Creek and just finished the show. I just posted on the DJo thread but didn't realise there was a specific anti PJo thread, how great is this idea! I will post some of the anti PJo parts of my post here along with some other specific PJo stuff.

Ok here goes my rant.

WHAT. THE. ACTUAL. EF. IS. THIS. COUPLE.

Like I am genuinely baffled as to how they are so popular. Watching the show with a completely fresh view without any idea of what the fandoms are and then doing some research online, I was just shocked that majority preferred them.

The moment PJo happened and the love triangle was officially introduced, it changed the whole tone of the show for me and completely ruined the build up of what was once a solid and loyal friendship between Dawson and Pacey. If the writers really wanted Joey to have another option, I wish they chose anyone else besides Dawson's best friend. If the writers never had any intention of keeping Dawson and Pacey as best friends then their friendship should've been written differently from the start because to me it came across as this awesome brotherly bond. I liked Pacey (and I continued to like all non-Joey related stuff about him) but after he actively pursued a relationship with Joey KNOWING that it was his best friend's soulmate, I just could not see him in the same way from then on. Joey wasn't just a random crush for Dawson. She was it. She was the one. She was the girl for him. Pacey knew that and he knew it very well. He's a nice guy overall, but this thing that he did is unforgiveable in my books. And yes of course you can argue that he couldn't control his feelings etc but to me, a friend's loyalty is not something negotiable.

I perhaps would've felt entirely different about PJo if Pacey had done what he did the first time around in season 1 and approached Dawson first. That to me, although still difficult to swallow, demonstrated his loyalty and I really respected him for that. However, it all came tumbling down in season 3 when he chose to instead, sneak around with her. And she is just as much at fault for this. It's funny that he did the more mature thing when he was younger…

PJo started off sneaky and therefore felt tainted the whole time whilst watching them. I was actually quite disgusted with their behaviour when they first started off. Especially when they were making out in the shed whilst Dawson was waiting for them to pop the champagne to celebrate the new boat of his best friend who was currently making out with the love of his life. LOL at this show seriously. And poor Dawson, he loved Joey so much that in spite of the fact that she was with his best friend, he still wanted to end up with her. Not many guys would think the same in a real life situation.

Overall, I think it was a terrible decision on the writers part to put PJo together. I wish the triangle never happened because not only did it ruin a well written friendship between two 'brothers' as Pacey put it, it also completely destroyed the group dynamic between the 3. Which leads me to my next point.

I personally find it so unrealistic for the show to end on a note where all 3 are friends and happy with each other. Sorry but when a man's best friend is the one that end's up with said man's greatest love, how on earth would he be content with that situation?

And how are we to believe that they were meant for each other when close to the last few episodes Joey literally tells Pacey that being with him doesn't feel right even if everything is perfect and saying that it's not going anywhere. You could argue that she was in denial about her feelings but those actions do not reflect someone in denial but rather someone who is actively and directly rejecting someone not to mention going to another guy (Eddie) STRAIGHT AFTER the aforementioned conversation.

Regarding the PJo relationship itself, I just don't see how it fits. I feel sorry for Pacey in that he would do anything for Joey but when that anything has an impact on his male ego, he doesn't feel good about himself which I get. So he's sort of in a checkmate position and therefore I think the healthiest thing for him was to bow out. Also, in the finale there is no indication that they sorted out their prior problems. He had that inferiority complex (which I could understand) and let's say he did get over it, nothing changes the fact that he left everything in Capeside to live out JOEY'S dream in New York in HER apartment. You can just already see this spiralling. Also didn't Pacey give some big speech about not wanting to rely his happiness and success on someone else yet he uprooted his whole life to go live with her in New York??? And on Joey's part, there's all the Dawson stuff which leads me to my next point.

I think what the most detrimental part of their relationship is, is that to me, it seems that Pacey loves her more than she loves him and I think a lot of this has to do with the fact that Joey still loves Dawson. And not just as a friend, and we can see that because they still had this little romantic spark between them in the later episodes even when they were strictly friends. Whilst there's a part of her heart that loves Pacey, there's still a part in there that is only for Dawson and no other man can conquer that part of her heart. Not Pacey, not Eddie, not anyone. No matter how hard she tries to give that part to someone else it will forever remain as Dawson's. What I'm saying is, I don't think she could ever fully love any man, not just Pacey, because a part of her love was already given to and reserved for Dawson. And I think she eventually came to terms with that when she told him "you and me always". I don't think she would've dared to admit that to Pacey though, not if she didn't want his insecurities to jump off the scale.

Given the such strong and deep connection between Dawson and Joey, any man that Joey dates would have to deal with the fact that Joey has a best friend that is a male whom she has known since she was born, whom she has dated a few times, whom she has slept with, and whom she still has this sexual tension with (am I the only one that got this vibe from the last few episodes?). I don't know about you but I would be extremely uncomfortable if a partner had this kind of person in their life and very closely in their life I might add. I find it hard to believe that any guy would stick around a long time knowing that was Joey's situation (it's essentially a condition to accept in order to be with her because she was not giving up Dawson's friendship for anyone). I feel like their insecurities would go into overdrive and rightfully so. We already got an example of that with Pacey and his Dawson insecurities throughout the PJo times and I get the feeling that these insecurities of Pacey were not going away post finale.

And that's why I don't think PJo would've lasted a long time. I can already see the Dawson insecurities coming to surface again in a situation such as this: the minute Joey and Pacey have a fight, you can bet your sweet a** that Joey would go straight to Dawson to vent because he's her best friend and it would make sense to go to him because everyone goes to their best friends to vent about their problems. Just in this case, it just so happens to be Dawson, the soulmate, and Pacey would understandably become insecure again and Joey would reassure him that nothing's going on and then they fight again and the same cycle is repeated again and again until Pacey finally snaps and either breaks up with her because he can't get over the insecurity or she breaks up with him because she's fed up with his paranoia. So I think the Dawson insecurity would eventually lead to their demise.

Overall, I just don't buy the ending AT ALL. Like of all the TV show finales that I've watched, this one made the least sense and just felt like a massive tease given what was presented to the audience for 6 seasons. It just didn't make any sense.

Last edited by RM01; 12-30-2020 at 03:49 AM
RM01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 03:18 AM
  #182
Elite Fan

 
atwoodsmariano's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2017
Posts: 34,389
hi um I think you need to edit your post and replace those Ds with Ps

I agree season 1 he actually respected Dawson and his friendship with both him and Joey

I know Pacey attempted to tell Dawson during their camping trip but it ended up not happening after Buzz and his friends showed up

my thoughts reading your thoughts

__________________
"Goodnight Dodger." "Dodger?" ღ "Figure it out." "Oliver Twist."
Icon: credit

Last edited by atwoodsmariano; 12-30-2020 at 03:29 AM
atwoodsmariano is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 03:37 AM
  #183
Part-Time Fan
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by atwoodsmariano (View Post)
hi um I think you need to edit your post and replace those Ds with Ps

I agree season 1 he actually respected Dawson and his friendship with both him and Joey

I know Pacey attempted to tell Dawson during their camping trip but it ended up not happening after Buzz and his friends showed up

my thoughts reading your thoughts

Haha thank you all fixed now!

Yes my thoughts were the same when I came across this thread!! I thought I was the only one that despised them since I hear so much about how great they are ugh
RM01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 04:14 PM
  #184
Elite Fan

 
atwoodsmariano's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2017
Posts: 34,389
Quote:
Originally Posted by atwoodsmariano (View Post)
Do any of you fellow anti-PJers like these 2 in 1x10 cause I actually like them a lot in
that ep with the banter, dynamic, and heart-to-heart convo

that and 1x13

S1 PJo reminds me of some of my other fave bantering ships Seth/Summer, Dair, Literati

I kinda wish they could've just kept them as friends throughout the show instead of the hellfire that is S4
digging up my old post from 2 and a half years ago because I do still feel the same way
__________________
"Goodnight Dodger." "Dodger?" ღ "Figure it out." "Oliver Twist."
Icon: credit
atwoodsmariano is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 12:03 AM
  #185
Part-Time Fan
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by atwoodsmariano (View Post)
digging up my old post from 2 and a half years ago because I do still feel the same way
Yeah I agree. I actually quite enjoyed their banter when it was platonic.
__________________
Ryan & Marissa, Seth & Summer, Damon & Elena, Nate & Serena, Chuck & Blair, Cole & Phoebe, Dawson & Joey
RM01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 07:59 AM
  #186
Part-Time Fan
 
semmafightsellie's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2020
Posts: 377
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMadrid4Life (View Post)
Hi everyone! I am a first time watcher of Dawson's Creek and just finished the show. I just posted on the DJo thread but didn't realise there was a specific anti PJo thread, how great is this idea! I will post some of the anti PJo parts of my post here along with some other specific PJo stuff.

Ok here goes my rant.

WHAT. THE. ACTUAL. EF. IS. THIS. COUPLE.

Like I am genuinely baffled as to how they are so popular. Watching the show with a completely fresh view without any idea of what the fandoms are and then doing some research online, I was just shocked that majority preferred them.

The moment PJo happened and the love triangle was officially introduced, it changed the whole tone of the show for me and completely ruined the build up of what was once a solid and loyal friendship between Dawson and Pacey. If the writers really wanted Joey to have another option, I wish they chose anyone else besides Dawson's best friend. If the writers never had any intention of keeping Dawson and Pacey as best friends then their friendship should've been written differently from the start because to me it came across as this awesome brotherly bond. I liked Pacey (and I continued to like all non-Joey related stuff about him) but after he actively pursued a relationship with Joey KNOWING that it was his best friend's soulmate, I just could not see him in the same way from then on. Joey wasn't just a random crush for Dawson. She was it. She was the one. She was the girl for him. Pacey knew that and he knew it very well. He's a nice guy overall, but this thing that he did is unforgiveable in my books. And yes of course you can argue that he couldn't control his feelings etc but to me, a friend's loyalty is not something negotiable.

I perhaps would've felt entirely different about PJo if Pacey had done what he did the first time around in season 1 and approached Dawson first. That to me, although still difficult to swallow, demonstrated his loyalty and I really respected him for that. However, it all came tumbling down in season 3 when he chose to instead, sneak around with her. And she is just as much at fault for this. It's funny that he did the more mature thing when he was younger…

PJo started off sneaky and therefore felt tainted the whole time whilst watching them. I was actually quite disgusted with their behaviour when they first started off. Especially when they were making out in the shed whilst Dawson was waiting for them to pop the champagne to celebrate the new boat of his best friend who was currently making out with the love of his life. LOL at this show seriously. And poor Dawson, he loved Joey so much that in spite of the fact that she was with his best friend, he still wanted to end up with her. Not many guys would think the same in a real life situation.

Overall, I think it was a terrible decision on the writers part to put PJo together. I wish the triangle never happened because not only did it ruin a well written friendship between two 'brothers' as Pacey put it, it also completely destroyed the group dynamic between the 3. Which leads me to my next point.

I personally find it so unrealistic for the show to end on a note where all 3 are friends and happy with each other. Sorry but when a man's best friend is the one that end's up with said man's greatest love, how on earth would he be content with that situation?

And how are we to believe that they were meant for each other when close to the last few episodes Joey literally tells Pacey that being with him doesn't feel right even if everything is perfect and saying that it's not going anywhere. You could argue that she was in denial about her feelings but those actions do not reflect someone in denial but rather someone who is actively and directly rejecting someone not to mention going to another guy (Eddie) STRAIGHT AFTER the aforementioned conversation.

Regarding the PJo relationship itself, I just don't see how it fits. I feel sorry for Pacey in that he would do anything for Joey but when that anything has an impact on his male ego, he doesn't feel good about himself which I get. So he's sort of in a checkmate position and therefore I think the healthiest thing for him was to bow out. Also, in the finale there is no indication that they sorted out their prior problems. He had that inferiority complex (which I could understand) and let's say he did get over it, nothing changes the fact that he left everything in Capeside to live out JOEY'S dream in New York in HER apartment. You can just already see this spiralling. Also didn't Pacey give some big speech about not wanting to rely his happiness and success on someone else yet he uprooted his whole life to go live with her in New York??? And on Joey's part, there's all the Dawson stuff which leads me to my next point.

I think what the most detrimental part of their relationship is, is that to me, it seems that Pacey loves her more than she loves him and I think a lot of this has to do with the fact that Joey still loves Dawson. And not just as a friend, and we can see that because they still had this little romantic spark between them in the later episodes even when they were strictly friends. Whilst there's a part of her heart that loves Pacey, there's still a part in there that is only for Dawson and no other man can conquer that part of her heart. Not Pacey, not Eddie, not anyone. No matter how hard she tries to give that part to someone else it will forever remain as Dawson's. What I'm saying is, I don't think she could ever fully love any man, not just Pacey, because a part of her love was already given to and reserved for Dawson. And I think she eventually came to terms with that when she told him "you and me always". I don't think she would've dared to admit that to Pacey though, not if she didn't want his insecurities to jump off the scale.

Given the such strong and deep connection between Dawson and Joey, any man that Joey dates would have to deal with the fact that Joey has a best friend that is a male whom she has known since she was born, whom she has dated a few times, whom she has slept with, and whom she still has this sexual tension with (am I the only one that got this vibe from the last few episodes?). I don't know about you but I would be extremely uncomfortable if a partner had this kind of person in their life and very closely in their life I might add. I find it hard to believe that any guy would stick around a long time knowing that was Joey's situation (it's essentially a condition to accept in order to be with her because she was not giving up Dawson's friendship for anyone). I feel like their insecurities would go into overdrive and rightfully so. We already got an example of that with Pacey and his Dawson insecurities throughout the PJo times and I get the feeling that these insecurities of Pacey were not going away post finale.

And that's why I don't think PJo would've lasted a long time. I can already see the Dawson insecurities coming to surface again in a situation such as this: the minute Joey and Pacey have a fight, you can bet your sweet a** that Joey would go straight to Dawson to vent because he's her best friend and it would make sense to go to him because everyone goes to their best friends to vent about their problems. Just in this case, it just so happens to be Dawson, the soulmate, and Pacey would understandably become insecure again and Joey would reassure him that nothing's going on and then they fight again and the same cycle is repeated again and again until Pacey finally snaps and either breaks up with her because he can't get over the insecurity or she breaks up with him because she's fed up with his paranoia. So I think the Dawson insecurity would eventually lead to their demise.

Overall, I just don't buy the ending AT ALL. Like of all the TV show finales that I've watched, this one made the least sense and just felt like a massive tease given what was presented to the audience for 6 seasons. It just didn't make any sense.
Hello and welcome here.
__________________
Duncan Veronica NathanHaley LoganVeronica SeanEmma
semmafightsellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 03:19 PM
  #187
Extreme Fan
 
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 2,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMadrid4Life (View Post)
Hi everyone! I am a first time watcher of Dawson's Creek and just finished the show. I just posted on the DJo thread but didn't realise there was a specific anti PJo thread, how great is this idea! I will post some of the anti PJo parts of my post here along with some other specific PJo stuff.

Ok here goes my rant.

WHAT. THE. ACTUAL. EF. IS. THIS. COUPLE.

Like I am genuinely baffled as to how they are so popular. Watching the show with a completely fresh view without any idea of what the fandoms are and then doing some research online, I was just shocked that majority preferred them.

The moment PJo happened and the love triangle was officially introduced, it changed the whole tone of the show for me and completely ruined the build up of what was once a solid and loyal friendship between Dawson and Pacey. If the writers really wanted Joey to have another option, I wish they chose anyone else besides Dawson's best friend. If the writers never had any intention of keeping Dawson and Pacey as best friends then their friendship should've been written differently from the start because to me it came across as this awesome brotherly bond. I liked Pacey (and I continued to like all non-Joey related stuff about him) but after he actively pursued a relationship with Joey KNOWING that it was his best friend's soulmate, I just could not see him in the same way from then on. Joey wasn't just a random crush for Dawson. She was it. She was the one. She was the girl for him. Pacey knew that and he knew it very well. He's a nice guy overall, but this thing that he did is unforgiveable in my books. And yes of course you can argue that he couldn't control his feelings etc but to me, a friend's loyalty is not something negotiable.

I perhaps would've felt entirely different about PJo if Pacey had done what he did the first time around in season 1 and approached Dawson first. That to me, although still difficult to swallow, demonstrated his loyalty and I really respected him for that. However, it all came tumbling down in season 3 when he chose to instead, sneak around with her. And she is just as much at fault for this. It's funny that he did the more mature thing when he was younger…

PJo started off sneaky and therefore felt tainted the whole time whilst watching them. I was actually quite disgusted with their behaviour when they first started off. Especially when they were making out in the shed whilst Dawson was waiting for them to pop the champagne to celebrate the new boat of his best friend who was currently making out with the love of his life. LOL at this show seriously. And poor Dawson, he loved Joey so much that in spite of the fact that she was with his best friend, he still wanted to end up with her. Not many guys would think the same in a real life situation.

Overall, I think it was a terrible decision on the writers part to put PJo together. I wish the triangle never happened because not only did it ruin a well written friendship between two 'brothers' as Pacey put it, it also completely destroyed the group dynamic between the 3. Which leads me to my next point.

I personally find it so unrealistic for the show to end on a note where all 3 are friends and happy with each other. Sorry but when a man's best friend is the one that end's up with said man's greatest love, how on earth would he be content with that situation?

And how are we to believe that they were meant for each other when close to the last few episodes Joey literally tells Pacey that being with him doesn't feel right even if everything is perfect and saying that it's not going anywhere. You could argue that she was in denial about her feelings but those actions do not reflect someone in denial but rather someone who is actively and directly rejecting someone not to mention going to another guy (Eddie) STRAIGHT AFTER the aforementioned conversation.

Regarding the PJo relationship itself, I just don't see how it fits. I feel sorry for Pacey in that he would do anything for Joey but when that anything has an impact on his male ego, he doesn't feel good about himself which I get. So he's sort of in a checkmate position and therefore I think the healthiest thing for him was to bow out. Also, in the finale there is no indication that they sorted out their prior problems. He had that inferiority complex (which I could understand) and let's say he did get over it, nothing changes the fact that he left everything in Capeside to live out JOEY'S dream in New York in HER apartment. You can just already see this spiralling. Also didn't Pacey give some big speech about not wanting to rely his happiness and success on someone else yet he uprooted his whole life to go live with her in New York??? And on Joey's part, there's all the Dawson stuff which leads me to my next point.

I think what the most detrimental part of their relationship is, is that to me, it seems that Pacey loves her more than she loves him and I think a lot of this has to do with the fact that Joey still loves Dawson. And not just as a friend, and we can see that because they still had this little romantic spark between them in the later episodes even when they were strictly friends. Whilst there's a part of her heart that loves Pacey, there's still a part in there that is only for Dawson and no other man can conquer that part of her heart. Not Pacey, not Eddie, not anyone. No matter how hard she tries to give that part to someone else it will forever remain as Dawson's. What I'm saying is, I don't think she could ever fully love any man, not just Pacey, because a part of her love was already given to and reserved for Dawson. And I think she eventually came to terms with that when she told him "you and me always". I don't think she would've dared to admit that to Pacey though, not if she didn't want his insecurities to jump off the scale.

Given the such strong and deep connection between Dawson and Joey, any man that Joey dates would have to deal with the fact that Joey has a best friend that is a male whom she has known since she was born, whom she has dated a few times, whom she has slept with, and whom she still has this sexual tension with (am I the only one that got this vibe from the last few episodes?). I don't know about you but I would be extremely uncomfortable if a partner had this kind of person in their life and very closely in their life I might add. I find it hard to believe that any guy would stick around a long time knowing that was Joey's situation (it's essentially a condition to accept in order to be with her because she was not giving up Dawson's friendship for anyone). I feel like their insecurities would go into overdrive and rightfully so. We already got an example of that with Pacey and his Dawson insecurities throughout the PJo times and I get the feeling that these insecurities of Pacey were not going away post finale.

And that's why I don't think PJo would've lasted a long time. I can already see the Dawson insecurities coming to surface again in a situation such as this: the minute Joey and Pacey have a fight, you can bet your sweet a** that Joey would go straight to Dawson to vent because he's her best friend and it would make sense to go to him because everyone goes to their best friends to vent about their problems. Just in this case, it just so happens to be Dawson, the soulmate, and Pacey would understandably become insecure again and Joey would reassure him that nothing's going on and then they fight again and the same cycle is repeated again and again until Pacey finally snaps and either breaks up with her because he can't get over the insecurity or she breaks up with him because she's fed up with his paranoia. So I think the Dawson insecurity would eventually lead to their demise.

Overall, I just don't buy the ending AT ALL. Like of all the TV show finales that I've watched, this one made the least sense and just felt like a massive tease given what was presented to the audience for 6 seasons. It just didn't make any sense.
This is a beautifully written and very accurate summary of the triangle. I would just add one thing. Pacey had already met the love of his life, Andie. Andie made Pacey a better man. Joey tore him down and made him feel he would never be good enough.
TL22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 08:23 AM
  #188
Part-Time Fan
 
semmafightsellie's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2020
Posts: 377
yes. PJ is ok but they not my fave.
__________________
Duncan Veronica NathanHaley LoganVeronica SeanEmma
semmafightsellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:26 AM
  #189
Part-Time Fan
 
SunnyOiler35's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2019
Posts: 110
Don't know if this will work or not . But I found this on a FB group that I am a part of. Someone posted this about Pacey and Joey

But if you read the description of that, doesn't it seem overly possessive and threatening? well maybe not threatening but definitely forceful?

SunnyOiler35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top

Powered by vBulletin, Copyright © 2000-2021.

Copyright © 1998-2021, Fan Forum.


TEST