Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2018, 06:46 PM
Extreme Fan

I liked that Dawson and Pacey were in a really good place in their friendship as well in the S4 finale

not to say that friendship didn't stay strong in S5 and 6 with some of my favorite moments but I really liked where it was at by the end of S4 more than the end of any other season honestly

You know, Ernest only has lovely things to say about you

atwoodsmariano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 07:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by TL22 (View Post)
What makes the episode so satisfying is that Pacey finally regained his stones and finally stood up to Joey and her so called pity and subtle verbal bullying. \\

What makes his episode even better is this episode was meant to break up Pacey and Joey FORVER

The reason I say this is the following.

When the first season was filmed the TPTB felt there was a good chance that all they were going to get was one season; so they ended the season with Dawson gets the girl (Joey) and the last scene of the final episode was Dawson and Joey together in his room kissing.

Now during season four which TPTB felt there was a good chance that season four was to be their final season did the following

1 They had the anti-prom episode, which finished Pacey and Joey forever. No couple comes back from that tirade.

2. Andie was brought back for graduation and her and Pacey had a magical moment, which gave the newly single Pacey and Andie a good foundation to renew their relationship.

3. The final scene of the last episode of season four is identical to the final episode of season one. The exact same shot, same music playing, and Dawson and Joey kissing in his room

So at the end of season four you have Dawson and Joey reunited, Pacey and Andie in a good place. The series ends and all is right
with the world . Then came the unexpected season five.

So much for the P/J'ers who claim Pacey and Joey were foreshadowed .
from season one.

No way
I'll remember I dont feel it.
Old 09-15-2018, 09:42 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TL22 (View Post)
I am not so sure it was the fandom that pushed P/J. Pacey/Andie were very popular at the end of season two..

Look at how the writers completely destroyed Andie's character to even make P/J viable. P/J was Greg Berlanti's idea.

Kw had mentioned it, but I am almost positive he would have not destroyed Andie to make it happen

The reason it seems there are so many P/j'ers compared to P/Ais that most of them quit the show in disgust after the assassination of Andie and they never followed the show after that

Between seasons 2 and 3 the show lost 1.4 million viewers per episode. I wonder how many of them were P/A?

Also KW did not decide on the P/J ending till half way through his writing of the final two episodes. I am positive it was the unavailability of Meredith Monroe who was filming something else. So he could not get the 2 or 3 weeks he needed to write the story he wanted.

From what i have read it was Julie Plec who insisted P/A have some sort of final clear the air encounter. Thus the cut from TV scene of Pacey and Andie in the hospital cafeteria.

Originally the last scene of the show was to be Pacey and Andie going off to dinner. Not as lovers, but as friends with a hint the relationship might change.

Interesting facts:

1. KW never understood why they wrote Andie off the show, and the way they treated her character. So was Julie Plec

2. In the E. online interview KW stated if he was to write a movie Joey and Pacey would be divorced. And Dawson never found "True Love". One can see where that would be heading.

3. Joshua Jackson was very angry and upset when they let Meredith Monroe go. At the 100th episode he walked around with a picture of Meredith Monroe pinned over his heart and scrawled across the picture was "I love Andie"

Sasha Alexander said in an interview the only time she Saw Joshua Jackson angry and upset was Meredith Monroe's last day on set

It was never supposed to end P/J
I do feel like PJ ending up together was extremely shoehorned and that whole BS about Jen's death being the catalyst for Joey choosing between Dawson and Pacey

it would've been nice if the ending had been more open-ended/leave it to your own interpretation

in the end I feel like Pacey let his insecurities get the best of him when he was with Joey but he definitely made the right decision to break up with her

#justice for Jen honestly

https://nypost.com/2018/01/19/an-ope...ons-creek/amp/

^I wanted to post that link in the anti-Joey thread but it's closed

I love this girl's sentiments

http://sulietsexual.tumblr.com/post/...n-on-this-site

http://sulietsexual.tumblr.com/post/...a-on-paceyjoey

You know, Ernest only has lovely things to say about you

Last edited by atwoodsmariano; 09-16-2018 at 05:53 PM
atwoodsmariano is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top