Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-17-2014, 08:51 PM
Extreme Fan

We know that later on Greg Berlanti admitted that Joey should have wound up with Dawson. Which is probably the reason he wrote Ephram and Amy the way he did,,,,,But I wonder if he regrets Pacey kisses Joey and the ensuing destruction of Andie?
Old 10-18-2014, 09:45 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuVe2LoVe (View Post)
me neither, actually on the show degrassi a couple of those types of girls were popular. but no not really. and also maya and clare from degrassi is like joey, all three of them are getting worse.

this is a really funny comment from imdb:

As I predicted. when the end game was pacey and joey, it was due to all the teen girls glamorizing Josah Jackson and fangirling over badboy pacey so it is only naturally they will root for him to get the girl but now that is has been over a decade and many people are grown up. they are beginning to favour dawson/joey more.

I am not surprised. right now. I am watching all the P/J and D/J moments on youtube and I am seeing a big difference in their dynamic.

pacey and joey do have this epic young love but it is a love that seems and feel has an end or its a love that feels that both characters can share again with someone else in another lifetime wheeras with dawson ans joey there seems to be a sense of them been each others endpoint especially when they were older. there always felt like each others end and infinite and beyond.

I am glad people eyes are now opening.

pacey and joey got togehter because of the hugh fangirl of Josah/pacey but that is over now. we are all adults and I think any person with a good sense would know that dawson and joey would have been better in the long run.

Joey overall should have just ended up with a new guy.
This may be true but PJ is still a very popular couple, and I still read about them being the better choice. There is an link to an article on the JJ thread that talks about Pacey being the better choice and the writers having Joey choosing Pacey was the Pacey solution because Dawson fell flat. So I doubt PJ will ever ceased to stop being popular, and Pacey is still more popular then Dawson due to the messed up writing in season 3.

To tell the truth I like both characters and think from the beginning their friendship should have been written similar to the most popular male friendships ever in my opinion, Cory & Shawn (Boy Meets World), and Joey & Chandler (friends). Dawson character should had written as the sweet geekey good boy, whereas Pacey was the cool,charming, lazy, mischievous sometimes bad boy with a heart of gold. That way there would be a check and balances with their characters. Pacey helps Dawson be cool and gets him to lightening up, while Dawson keeps Pacey out of trouble. If they did this it would be that relationship and Dawson friendship/romance with Joey that carried the show much like Cory/Shawn friendship and Cory friendship/romance with Topanga did on BMW.
Old 10-18-2014, 09:59 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TL22 (View Post)
We know that later on Greg Berlanti admitted that Joey should have wound up with Dawson. Which is probably the reason he wrote Ephram and Amy the way he did,,,,,But I wonder if he regrets Pacey kisses Joey and the ensuing destruction of Andie?
well it's their fault for the bad writing for Dawson, and Andie in season 3 then getting rid of Merdith in season 4 and the rest of the series. People can say it was the huge Chem. between Josh and Katie, which why P/J should be together, all they want. That ain't the reason its because of bad writing for other characters and the removal of one that they got the ending they wanted. Seriously, had it not been for the bad writing of Dawson and Andie, P/J never would have been as popular as it was, just saying. Not that I wanted Joey with Dawson either, I just felt Pacey could do much better and deserved much better than Joey.
Old 10-18-2014, 12:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedychatterbox (View Post)
well it's their fault for the bad writing for Dawson, and Andie in season 3 then getting rid of Merdith in season 4 and the rest of the series. People can say it was the huge Chem. between Josh and Katie, which why P/J should be together, all they want. That ain't the reason its because of bad writing for other characters and the removal of one that they got the ending they wanted. Seriously, had it not been for the bad writing of Dawson and Andie, P/J never would have been as popular as it was, just saying. Not that I wanted Joey with Dawson either, I just felt Pacey could do much better and deserved much better than Joey.
I am going to rewatch them soon.
Old 10-18-2014, 12:20 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuVe2LoVe (View Post)
I am going to rewatch them soon.
Who Pacey and Joey? I didn't mind them, I just never imagine them as an end game couple.
Old 10-18-2014, 01:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Who Pacey and Joey? I didn't mind them, I just never imagine them as an end game couple.
yes them and how boring they got with their dawson fights. I liked these two season 3, but I think he can do better than joey.
Old 10-30-2014, 08:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

Hmm. What was the messed up writing in season 3?

How did Dawson fall flat? I'm still rewatching and haven't gotten to season 3 yet.

I know it's weird I'm in here. I just like discussion

I enjoy getting insight into other POV. I do respect all points of view .

'People that are meant to be together always find their way in the end'
BrookeღLucas l EdwardღBella l RonღHermione l RyanღTaylor
avi: NOLA504
Old 10-31-2014, 02:04 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by falling slowly (View Post)
Hmm. What was the messed up writing in season 3?

How did Dawson fall flat? I'm still rewatching and haven't gotten to season 3 yet.

I know it's weird I'm in here. I just like discussion

I enjoy getting insight into other POV. I do respect all points of view .
After season two, Kevin Williamson and all the writers but one quit. They were at a loss as to where to go with the show and they writers floundered around till they actually put a halt to production to figure out what was going on,

The crazy story lines coming out of season three and more or less dropped were
Jen the cheerleader

Eve

Pacey and Jen friends with benefits.

And the total destruction of the Andie character.

There are more, but I can't think of them right now.

When Greg Berlanti came up with the idea let's have Pacey kiss Joey they had a large problem. Pacey and Andie were in a fantastic relationship. so with poor writing and execution they destroyed Andie to make Pacey and Joey viable. The show also dropped 1.4 million viewers per episode season three.

I'm not saying Joey and Pacey never should have happened. But not the way it did. Pacey and Joey were broke up at the end of season four never to be re-united till Kevin Williamson either in a moment of insanity, or under pressure from Paul Stupin and the network changed the ending of the show at the last minute to Pacey and Joey.

The show was never about Pacey and Joey

There is a lot more, but I'm not going to get into it right now.
Old 10-31-2014, 06:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
After season two, Kevin Williamson and all the writers but one quit. They were at a loss as to where to go with the show and they writers floundered around till they actually put a halt to production to figure out what was going on,

Jen the cheerleader

Eve

When Greg Berlanti came up with the idea let's have Pacey kiss Joey they had a large problem. Pacey and Andie were in a fantastic relationship. so with poor writing and execution they destroyed Andie to make Pacey and Joey viable. The show also dropped 1.4 million viewers per episode season three.

I'm not saying Joey and Pacey never should have happened. But not the way it did. Pacey and Joey were broke up at the end of season four never to be re-united till Kevin Williamson either in a moment of insanity, or under pressure from Paul Stupin and the network changed the ending of the show at the last minute to Pacey and Joey.

I agree Tony. thanks for the explanation.
Old 10-31-2014, 11:06 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:

Jen the cheerleader

Eve

To be fair, Kevin Williamson painted both Joey and D/J into a corner with that last secene in the season 2 finale, just saying. The scene made D/J a hard sell for season 3, that must have left the writers desperate.

Personally, I think writing Andie to cheat on Pacey while she was in a mental facility getting better after having a serious mental breakdown was unrealistic and unnecessary. They could have had Andie pulled a Joey, and say she needs time away from Pacey to focus on herself. The writers were stupid writing the character the way they did and then writing the character off the show because it was obvious after season 4 PJ were suppose to be no more had they not did what they did with Andie they would had have a female character to put with Pacey in the end.

Last edited by Speedychatterbox; 10-31-2014 at 11:17 AM
Old 11-01-2014, 07:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
To be fair, Kevin Williamson painted both Joey and D/J into a corner with that last secene in the season 2 finale, just saying. The scene made D/J a hard sell for season 3, that must have left the writers desperate.

Personally, I think writing Andie to cheat on Pacey while she was in a mental facility getting better after having a serious mental breakdown was unrealistic and unnecessary. They could have had Andie pulled a Joey, and say she needs time away from Pacey to focus on herself. The writers were stupid writing the character the way they did and then writing the character off the show because it was obvious after season 4 PJ were suppose to be no more had they not did what they did with Andie they would had have a female character to put with Pacey in the end.
I don't think they should have gone back to it in season 6.
Old 11-28-2014, 09:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

bringing this back up notice how similar these two couples are: Eli and Clare from degrassi:
Eli is extremely manipulative and treats Clare more like an object/prize than a actual human who can make her own decisions. He also holds her to a much higher standard to himself. Plus, I can never get over the fact that Eli does these ****ed up things and never apologizes to Clare. Just because he makes a “grand gesture” doesn’t mean ****.
Old 11-29-2014, 06:27 PM
Extreme Fan

I think where they made a mistake was that TPTB thought Joey should end up with either Dawspon or Pacey.

In my opinion Joey did enough emotional damage to both guys; she should have went with a third person, Maybe that professor she had a crush on or Eddie, even Charlie Todd, all of which I think were more suited for Joey than Pacey or Dawson.

Pacey should have ended with Andie...never any doubt about that.

Dawson with either a non dying Jen or Gretchen. I say Gretchen because seven years later the age difference between them would have been of no consequence.
Old 11-30-2014, 08:37 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
I think where they made a mistake was that TPTB thought Joey should end up with either Dawspon or Pacey.

In my opinion Joey did enough emotional damage to both guys; she should have went with a third person, Maybe that professor she had a crush on or Eddie, even Charlie Todd, all of which I think were more suited for Joey than Pacey or Dawson.

Pacey should have ended with Andie...never any doubt about that.

Dawson with either a non dying Jen or Gretchen. I say Gretchen because seven years later the age difference between them would have been of no consequence.
Pacey always thought of Dawson as a brother. So if Dawson married Gretchen, Dawson would be his brother in law. I agree about Joey ending up someone other than Dawson or Pacey.
Old 11-30-2014, 08:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I thought I would post this here:
this is why most of the tumblr community likes PJ together.
i really like how pacey and joey understand eachother, the feeling of being confined by the small town and wanting to move beyond that, being insecure about themselves and wanting to better themselves, their sucky family situations, i like how smiley joey is around pacey, i like how they grow and change together, i like how they tease and banter together, the girl being the queen of denial about how they feel about the guy is like catnip to me. I will never understand why these two are popular. I fail to see it. i actually liked charlie for joey.

Last edited by Forwood4Bamon; 11-30-2014 at 09:03 AM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread