Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2014, 12:32 PM
Extreme Fan

This is why the ending of the show doesn't make any sense.
Old 08-28-2014, 02:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

i love ross's rank of characters:
Andie McPhee

Dawson Leery

Jack McPhee

Jen Lindley

pretty much anyone else

Pacey Witter and Joey Potter are fighting for last place - which is sad considering how dearly I loved them both, but he became a doormat once he broke up with Andie and she… don’t even make me start. Dawsons’ Creek broke my heart in so many pieces that I never glued it back together. I still want to cry everytime I think about how it ended. at the last part.

Last edited by Forwood4Bamon; 09-06-2014 at 05:01 PM
Old 09-06-2014, 04:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I also love this:
I don't know about Joey and Dawson getting together. It seemed like they just burned that bridge over and over again. But yeah, maybe by their early 30s they've grown up and can actually make it work.

I do agree that Joey and Pacey would not still be together. They didn't even keep in touch for 7 years, and then Joey comes back and chooses him because he's the one she's always wanted? Then, within a short time, they're living together. Sorry, I don't buy it. In real life, people move on and don't randomly decide that they want to be with their high school sweethearts 7 years later. If Pacey was really the one for her, she wouldn't have chosen Eddie, a random-ass guy, over him.

Ideally I think they should all end up with new people rather than going back and rekindling high school romances. Except maybe Pacey and Andie - I could see those two ending up together for the long haul.
Dawson and Pacey were always waxing poetically about how incredibly beautiful and amazing she was. Jen was so desperate to be her friend in the first season even though Joey was incredibly nasty to her for no real reason. Audrey made that speech about how she's smart and doesn't know it, beautiful and doesn't believe it, and the kind of girl other girls aspire to. Even Professor Hetson said he wished his daughter would be more like her (even after knowing that she missed his exam because she was screwing her boyfriend). Every guy she met was crazy head over heels for her.

What was so great about her? Her personality left a lot to be desired. In the earlier seasons, she was angry, belligerent, and rude. It was like she was trying to make a big show out of being all tough, which was pretty over the top. In the later seasons, she was just whiny and self-involved. She was high maintenance without really being worth it. And as for her being so paralyzingly beautiful...meh. She was never ugly, but she wasn't breathtakingly beautiful either. Her looks declined massively after about season 3. She made everything all about her all the time, and she whined and whined about her problems when people around her were dealing with things that were much more serious (Andie with her mental health issues, Dawson's dad dying, Audrey's struggle with addiction, etc.). Yet Joey's drama with her boyfriends somehow trumped everyone else's much more legitimate issues.

This might be sacrilege, but I'll say it: Joey Potter was nothing special. I love this person on imdb.
Old 09-07-2014, 10:32 AM
Extreme Fan

I have always been curious as to why they pushed Katie Holmes to be the next IT girl.

She is attractive but I would not say beautiful, and she proved over and over again how lousy of a singer she was. But they had her sing over and over again.

Meredith Monroe who makes no claims to be a singer sounded better when she sang that one time with Dawson at the club they were in with Jen and her B/F

The show started derailing season three and totally went off the rails season five.

Speaking of Pacey and Joey; any relationship that starts off with deception and lies is doomed for failure
Old 09-07-2014, 12:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by TL22 (View Post)
I have always been curious as to why they pushed Katie Holmes to be the next IT girl.

She is attractive but I would not say beautiful, and she proved over and over again how lousy of a singer she was. But they had her sing over and over again.

Meredith Monroe who makes no claims to be a singer sounded better when she sang that one time with Dawson at the club they were in with Jen and her B/F

The show started derailing season three and totally went off the rails season five.

Speaking of Pacey and Joey; any relationship that starts off with deception and lies is doomed for failure
word tony! I fail to see the popularity of this couple. they took true love and soulmates away from me.
Old 09-11-2014, 07:03 PM
Extreme Fan

The end of this video sums it up perfectly

Joey always put Dawson ahead of Pacey
Old 09-12-2014, 05:47 AM
Elite Fan

This sums up them so perfectly. Like Pacey said they were trapped in a failed relationship. They were miserable together.

Old 09-12-2014, 06:25 AM
Extreme Fan

I don't think these two were ever happy together. I mean, damn, to be that vicious towards each other is unbelievably unhealthy.

Pacey what in the world were you thinking trying to be with Joey?
Old 09-12-2014, 06:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

thanks tony for that. exactly. I wanted to post this from a DJ video a week ago:the last series/season, the one with the ending that made no sense to me with what happened.
First we finally get Dawson and Joey in a place were they can admit what they mean to each other and how the consume their deep and passion love for each other by making love. And what do TPTB do, they kill us by STILL not giving them their 'shot' as Pacey stated and being together to really see if they have a chance of it being the relationship we fans think it was meant to be.
So of course they split them up before they can really be together and we get them in other relationships but still their connection is so strong that it just feels like they are telling us they will get their chance in the end.
And then we get the final episode and THAT ending that for the life of me I will never understand how it could be. I mean I'm not a fan of Joey at all by this time and yet I still could only see her ending up with Dawson however the ending that I didn't think would happened did and I can't think what planet TPTB were on to have come to this decision. If I could see that they were at least not having Pacey and Joey end up together in the finale with the possibility of Dawson and Joey ending up together one day then I could have grasped the ending but seriously in no way for me did they make me think for one moment that Pacey and Joey were gonna be the endgame couple. I don't know if it was because they were the more popular couple but in some ways it feels like they went for the more popular choice to cause less uproar from their viewers.
So yeah for me I will NEVER like the ending of DC or that Pacey and Joey ended up together at the end. Even with the years that have passed since it finished it still feels wrong and that is why I can now never enjoy watching this show.
I thank god that TPTB of Felicity did not go with the slightly more popular pairing of Felicity and Noel and stayed true to the core and heart of the show and had it that it was always meant to be Felicity and Ben.
Show less

Last edited by Forwood4Bamon; 09-12-2014 at 04:58 PM
Old 09-14-2014, 08:51 AM
Extreme Fan

Do what I do when watching Dawson's Creek...Stop at the end of season four. Actually stopping at the end of season two is not a bad idea also......Kevin Williamson was gone after season two and the show changed.
Old 09-14-2014, 09:33 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

That's exactly what I do when I think of the series... I use finale of 2 and finale of 4 as mental stopping points. I like to pretend that the horrible series finale and seasons 5 and 6 do not exist... because they shouldn't! I sort of wish the series would have ended at the end of season 1, but then we wouldn't have had Pacey/Andie. Season 2 works perfectly since the main couples are still there and before the destruction of season 3 takes place. Season 4 Coda recovers nicely though so I can put up with PJ in season 4 knowing how Pacey dumps the entire unhealthy, ridiculously dramatic relationship at the prom and things get back on track in the finale.

Yes, seasons 5 and 6 had no business hitting our screen.
Old 09-14-2014, 11:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mich1111 (View Post)
That's exactly what I do when I think of the series... I use finale of 2 and finale of 4 as mental stopping points. I like to pretend that the horrible series finale and seasons 5 and 6 do not exist... because they shouldn't! I sort of wish the series would have ended at the end of season 1, but then we wouldn't have had Pacey/Andie. Season 2 works perfectly since the main couples are still there and before the destruction of season 3 takes place. Season 4 Coda recovers nicely though so I can put up with PJ in season 4 knowing how Pacey dumps the entire unhealthy, ridiculously dramatic relationship at the prom and things get back on track in the finale.

Yes, seasons 5 and 6 had no business hitting our screen.
word on that! I'm just tired of hearing that dawson sucks and pjo was such a good couple together.

Last edited by Forwood4Bamon; 09-14-2014 at 12:46 PM
Old 09-15-2014, 12:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuVe2LoVe (View Post)
word on that! I'm just tired of hearing that dawson sucks and pjo was such a good couple together.
I've always wanted to comment on this show but never really got a chance to. First the show should've been called "Joey's Creek" since she's the only character to appear on all the episodes. I think the whole Joey/Pacey relationship was stupid. I'm sorry to you PJers, but that's how I feel. Pacey is everything that Joey seemed to be against, "bad boy, rebellious, callous, etc." Pacey and Joey's relationship was really born out of Joey's rejection by Dawson. And you may try to debate this, but everytime Joey seems to get into a scuffle with Dawson she finds a new relationship, Jack, Pacey, Eddie. I mean Dawson has proven how devoted he is to her, but she still didn't budge. I mean he sacrificed his relationship with Joey to save her from her from her father, He gave her the money to pay her entrance fee, even after finding out that she lied about losing her virginity to Pacey, He broke up with his "girlfriend," who was incredibly hot by the way, when Joey decided to sleep with him. I think that the show portrayed how Dawson fell in love with his best friend and how Joey tried to love her fantasy. Let's admit, Dawson was never a friend to Joey, he was the object of her pining. On the other hand, Dawson fell in love with Joey when he realized that she was everything he ever wanted. I had to give it up for Dawson though, he has definitely become more wise since the show's premiere. Now you may ask, "Athias, are you a DJer or a PJer? To be honest, I'm neither. But if I came down to who she should chose between Dawson and Pacey, I would've chosen, Dawson. Not because they're "more in love," or that they're "soulmates," but for the simple fact that they've known each other since they were 6, and they already know how to deal with each other.

this was on an old forum.
Old 09-15-2014, 06:32 PM
Extreme Fan

Actually it makes a lot of sense.
Old 09-16-2014, 06:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

it was on an old forum.