Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-25-2014, 04:44 AM
Extreme Fan

Your theory at the end of your post is interesting. I have to think about that.

I agree that Pacey picked a poor venue to vent his frustrations, but every word he said was true.

The reason for Promicide was to break up Pacey and Joey and end that relationship forever.. I don't know how far you have gotten season four, but by now you know they shipped Andie off. Wait till you watch The Graduate. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

A hint. They thought season four would be the last season and the way the season ended was the intended ending for the show.
Old 06-25-2014, 04:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnysmile1008 (View Post)
I didn't laugh during Promocide.

I did however cheer and yell FINALLY when Pacey exploded, though obviously he could have picked a better time and place to do so, better yet, nip it in the bud and realize his huge mistake right after Joey kept pushing him for kissing her in season 3. Did the show want to show us how deeply emotionally messed up Pacey really was by having him chase after a girl that physically assaulted him after he kissed her? It's a bit disturbing for a teen soap. Not that Joey is any better by falling for somebody who's largely considered a screw-up (I say largely because there's at least one person who never did).

Seems like in some weird way they each kinda represent the others father and are both trying to get something from the other their dads didn't/wouldn't give them. (Man, those are way too deep thoughts for this late hour )
Hello sunnysmile
Old 06-25-2014, 06:25 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TL22 (View Post)
Your theory at the end of your post is interesting. I have to think about that.

I agree that Pacey picked a poor venue to vent his frustrations, but every word he said was true.

The reason for Promicide was to break up Pacey and Joey and end that relationship forever.. I don't know how far you have gotten season four, but by now you know they shipped Andie off. Wait till you watch The Graduate. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

A hint. They thought season four would be the last season and the way the season ended was the intended ending for the show.

Thanks, it was a random thought that popped into my head while I was typing my comment.

Well, that's the reason I cheered, because it so clearly was the truth and he finally let it all out. I actually wished they would have let Pacey be angry with Joey a bit longer, but at the same time I do absolutely get why they didn't. And I actually already watched the whole series and am now currently selectively rewatching season 2. I loved the graduation reunion.

ETA: Hi again, eclarexdelena, do you have a shorter name I can address you with by any chance? That would be great. As my signature says I go by Sunny.

-Sunny

Last edited by sunnysmile1008; 06-25-2014 at 06:30 AM
Old 06-26-2014, 05:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Thanks, it was a random thought that popped into my head while I was typing my comment.

Well, that's the reason I cheered, because it so clearly was the truth and he finally let it all out. I actually wished they would have let Pacey be angry with Joey a bit longer, but at the same time I do absolutely get why they didn't. And I actually already watched the whole series and am now currently selectively rewatching season 2. I loved the graduation reunion.

ETA: Hi again, eclarexdelena, do you have a shorter name I can address you with by any chance? That would be great. As my signature says I go by Sunny.
I am Rachel
Old 06-27-2014, 02:14 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclarexdelena (View Post)
I am Rachel

Hey Rachel, I like that name, my youngest sister's name is Rahel.

-Sunny
Old 06-27-2014, 03:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Hey Rachel, I like that name, my youngest sister's name is Rahel.
Thank you sunny, I am also the moderator here, so if you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask
Old 06-27-2014, 03:36 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Thank you sunny, I am also the moderator here, so if you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask
I can see that. And will do, thanks.

-Sunny

Last edited by sunnysmile1008; 06-27-2014 at 03:37 PM Reason: missing punctuation
Old 06-28-2014, 07:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

do you have a tumblr?
Old 06-28-2014, 07:49 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
do you have a tumblr?
I do but I'm not doing much with it, mainly because I'm too lazy.

-Sunny
Old 06-30-2014, 08:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I do but I'm not doing much with it, mainly because I'm too lazy.
what is it?
Old 06-30-2014, 05:14 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
what is it?
I want a face full of laugh lines when I'm older. gotta warn you though, it's not very exciting.

Anyway, back on topic. You know in season 6 when Joey says that even when things were perfect she didn't feel it? I actually think that Joey didn't feel it because it was perfect.

-Sunny
Old 07-01-2014, 08:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

yes now back on topic and big question for ya sunny, why didn't you like them together? was it how often they fought like a broken record or was it what they fought about? or was it because why were they together in the first place if they were going to fight about how dawsons feelings got hurt?
Old 07-19-2014, 06:42 AM
Extreme Fan

The following was taken from an interview with Grg Berlanti

Quote:
If Williamson hadn’t signed up for the finale, Joey Potter probably would have ended up in Paris… alone: “Warner Bros. called Greg Berlanti up knowing we were friends and said, ‘See if you can talk Kevin into doing the finale.’ I went to lunch with Jordan [Levin], president of The WB, and they had the conceit: Why don’t we do five years in the future? They were like, ‘Let’s push ahead and show how everyone ended up.’ I thought about it, and I went, ‘Okay. That frees me up. That allows me to tell a new story.’”

Hmm, how would Joey Potter spend her time “On Her Own” in Paris?
I could go along with this ending. She was really too bitchy and elitist to be with either Dawson or Pacey, and that ending would be more realistic than the travesty of and ending we were given. Pacey and Joey, an illogical ridiculous ending.
Old 07-19-2014, 06:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by TL22 (View Post)
The following was taken from an interview with Grg Berlanti

I could go along with this ending. She was really too bitchy and elitist to be with either Dawson or Pacey, and that ending would be more realistic than the travesty of and ending we were given. Pacey and Joey, an illogical ridiculous ending.
Old 07-20-2014, 06:44 AM
Extreme Fan

@Eclarexdelena

You sort of quote me wrong. My comments were not said by Greg Berlanti. Greg Berlanti's comments were in my quote box. and my comment was below. You some how put them together.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread