Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-24-2004, 01:52 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks Kaye!

They were so adorable in Coming Home. Hee.
Old 12-24-2004, 02:11 PM
Master Fan

Oh yeah...and any other episode they were in...except for the yucky really bad fighting scenes.
Say you'll need me with you now and always
Promise me that all you say is true
That's all I ask of you
Old 12-24-2004, 03:21 PM
Elite Fan

The making up scenes were always fantastic too.
Old 12-24-2004, 03:33 PM
Extreme Fan

I am a HUGE Anti-Dawson and Joey. The main reason I never liked them as a couple is because it was all about Dawson and they lacked the chemistry two people in a relationship should have. It just wasn't believable for me in Season 5. I think we were all spoiled with the Pacey/Joey relationship and the undeniable chemistry between both Pacey and Joey and Joshua Jackson and Katie Holmes, that the characters could never pull of the same kind of sparks in other relationships that they did with each other. Which is a great thing for a PJ fan like me Another reason I strongly disliked Dawson and Joey is they could never maintain an adult relationship. It's the type of boyfriend/girlfriend relationship you have when you're in grade school (...except for the sex part). Fighting over the stupidest of reasons and running away from your problems, instead of actually figuring them out. And the whole "I really like you, but I'm not going to do anything about it" routine that we saw how many times throughout the course of the show with Dawson and Joey? Riiight. At least Pacey acted on his feelings. Oh yeah and didn't Dawson get rated as one of the worst tv boyfriends? Haha!

Pacey and Joey

Proud NikitaWitter Avie User
Old 12-24-2004, 03:36 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by TrueLovePJer
I am a HUGE Anti-Dawson and Joey. The main reason I never liked them as a couple is because it was all about Dawson and they lacked the chemistry two people in a relationship should have. It just wasn't believable for me in Season 5. I think we were all spoiled with the Pacey/Joey relationship and the undeniable chemistry between both Pacey and Joey and Joshua Jackson and Katie Holmes, that the characters could never pull of the same kind of sparks in other relationships that they did with each other. Which is a great thing for a PJ fan like me Another reason I strongly disliked Dawson and Joey is they could never maintain an adult relationship. It's the type of boyfriend/girlfriend relationship you have when you're in grade school (...except for the sex part). Fighting over the stupidest of reasons and running away from your problems, instead of actually figuring them out. And the whole "I really like you, but I'm not going to do anything about it" routine that we saw how many times throughout the course of the show with Dawson and Joey? Riiight. At least Pacey acted on his feelings. Oh yeah and didn't Dawson get rated as one of the worst tv boyfriends? Haha!
ITA! Dawson was voted one of the worst tv boyfriends!
Old 12-24-2004, 04:09 PM
Extreme Fan

Thanks jopace1970 I knew I read somewhere that Dawson was voted one of the worst tv boyfriends!

Pacey and Joey

Proud NikitaWitter Avie User
Old 12-24-2004, 04:51 PM
Master Fan

Love reading all of the posts. I think it was TV Guide that rated Dawson one of the worst TV boyfriends...I think.

Ali******Avi by *Angie*
Goodbye One Tree Hill
Old 12-24-2004, 06:52 PM
Part-Time Fan

All I can say is that they were right.

"If you asked me what was more important, you or my life, and I responded with 'my life,' you may walk away and never find out that you are my life..."
Old 12-24-2004, 10:33 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I think the fact that PJ could be together on a boat for 3 months and come back more in love speaks volumes.
word jopace. It doesn't make sense that Joey wouldn't want to be with Dawson for a summer if she is so in love with him. Not. She was bored with him when he was just there for a weekend. She was relieved when he left.

Quote:
ITA. I was reading the summer diaries and it just amazed me the things they did on their 3 month boat trip. Their banter during 401 when they came back about being sick of each other was cute. Cuz it so wasn't true...if anythin it brought those two closer together.
so true starfire. A lot coincided with the show. She even said she thought they made a great team. She said their summer was romantic. All I remember hearing about DJ about was what a nightmare the last year meaning season 2 had been for them, from Dawson and from Joey a few episodes later

Quote:
The making up scenes were always fantastic too.
in the desktops, Joey said she likes making up with Pacey. The *******s cut that line from 523. shocked. not. There was suppose to be a mention of that. I think the pro column line speaks for it anyway

Quote:
I don't see the DJ chemistry. Maybe, the earlier seasons. In the later seasons, it's like they are too uncomfortable together. I don't feel anything from watching them together. I remember when he gave her the snowglobe and made some speech. I notice how she doesn't say it back. Don't even talk about their so called love scenes. Soap opera digest even mentioned how horrible they were and said PJ's was better. I have never heard them actually talk about how bad kissing scenes were

Quote:
ITA! Dawson was voted one of the worst tv boyfriends!
yes he was. I have the article

Most Satisfying Romantic Pairing:Joey and Pacey on Dawson's Creek. After years of blithering, dithering, wounded looks, accusations of betrayal, and abuse of the word "soulmate," Joey dissed titular insufferable twerp…er, "hero" Dawson in favor of riding into the sunset with Pacey. And not only had she chosen well, she'd chosen once and for all -- moments after the audience learned whom she'd selected, the curtain dropped on the show for the last time. —S.D.B.

-MSNBC Entertainment: The Best And Worst Of TV 2003-[/quote]

KH asked about kissing her ex (JJ) in front of the cameras all day:

"Maybe there's a hint of realism?"
Old 12-25-2004, 09:09 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for posting that hshapir! Poor Dawson thought he was best boyfriend material. I really think he thought he was every girl's dream guy.

Last edited by jopace1970; 12-25-2004 at 10:15 AM
Old 12-25-2004, 02:29 PM
Elite Fan

welcome jopace

Old 12-26-2004, 01:47 AM
Elite Fan

best DJ quotes that sum up their so called relationship

season 4

Quote:
Pacey: So what do you see when you see the future?

Joey: Us. Me and you, Pace. We grew up together. You see, Dawson and I, we didn't grow up. We are in that house, in Dawson's bedroom, eternally having the same argument over and over again, in this endless cycle that goes on and on. And… I can't stop it. Because whenever I'm around him, I become 15.
season 5 even when she isn't with Pacey, she tells him the same thing she told Pacey in season 4

Quote:
Joey: Dawson, how do you know that I'm not just this security blanket for you? You know, something that you'll keep coming back to whenever the world gets scary?

Dawson: It's not the world I'm scared of, Jo.

[Dawson goes to kiss her, and just before his lips are about to reach hers, she turns her head.]

Joey: I'm sorry, Dawson. I can't do this.
later in that episode

Quote:
Joey: I was scared.

Dawson: Of what?

Joey: Of going backwards, of never growing up.

Dawson: That's what I represent to you?

Joey: No, not you. Us.
what's great is that when Joey says this in season 5, it's backing up what she said in season 4. She never was running from Dawson. She runs to Dawson. She doesn't want him, he is just her security blanket

Old 12-26-2004, 03:18 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Yeah, I completely agree hshapir. DJ definitely were security blankets for each other. Joey has said this so many times in round about ways. I guess I just never liked the complicated nature of their relationship. See, I don't know if I am necessarily 100% anti-DJ because I did like their friendship in season 1 for the most part. And I was always a fan of their friendship and I literally craved to see more friendship between the two throughout but it just never happened. There were glimpses in season 4 but not enough for me to be completely satisfied because "Coda" had to ruin any momentum they did have of really building on their friendship.

But yeah, how I view myself as anti-DJ is that I just never liked the extreme complicated nature of their relationship. Every, single time they tried things out romantically, it was always a major complicated mess. I hated seeing it. It was very hard on the eyes to have to endure watching it. Season 2, they couldn't make things work romantically if they were the only two people existing in this world. LOL Season 3, they acted more like strangers, season 4, they had some hope that they were getting their friendship back on track, but like I said, "Coda" killed that momentum. Season 5, Dawson turned to Jen after Mitch's death and "Swan Song" had Joey not even considering going with Dawson to LA. To me, if she truly loved the guy, she would have been on that plane. Anyone that watches Everwood knows how Amy Abbott was determined to go with Ephram to NYC NO MATTER WHAT. She even asked him to stay in Everwood, which, of course, was asking too much, but it was her heart talking and she asked anyway.. But the point is she MADE it work by going with Ephram to NYC and she wasn't going to be happy unless she went with him. She even said she couldn't wait. Now, that is ALL about love. Compare that to Joey who didn't even consider going with Dawson to LA whenever he asked, and not only that, Dawson met Natasha over the summer and Joey met some other dude. Season 6, they sleep together, only for Joey to find out about Natasha and that was IT for DJ as a romantic possibility. My point being is that they never could make it work romantically, and all they did was create highly dramatic and complicated messes whenever they did attempt to make something work. In the process, it drove me insane and I hated watching it. So, that's why I consider myself anti-DJ. I just hated to see them try to make something work that wasn't there. But, like I said, I was a fan of their friendship in season 1, and I always cheered for their friendship no matter what.
Old 12-26-2004, 03:22 AM
Master Fan

Totally agree, Wilpen and hshapir. Joey moved backwards with Dawson, back to her security blanket...her protection from the real world, from situations she didn't want to deal with.

The best word to describe Joey's love towards Dawson is innocent. Plain and simple. Dawson represented Joey's childhood. Pacey represented her adulthood, her forever.

Ali******Avi by *Angie*
Goodbye One Tree Hill
Old 12-26-2004, 10:38 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
DJ definitely were security blankets for each other. Joey has said this so many times in round about ways. I guess I just never liked the complicated nature of their relationship.
So true wilpen. The sad thing is they made things complicated. They never asked themselves why they wanted to be together. LOL. And Soul mates is not an answer. hee. Dawson never made me believe he was in love with Joey. After season 1 I think Joey had doubts. The reality never lived up to the fantasy for her. It wasn't anyone's fault.... they just weren't meant to be. (IMO)

Quote:
The best word to describe Joey's love towards Dawson is innocent. Plain and simple. Dawson represented Joey's childhood. Pacey represented her adulthood, her forever.
So true Ali.