Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2013, 09:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

Their first kiss wasn't the worst, but I think you are right, the only thing they have going for them is the music. I actually really like the score music for Dawson's Creek.
I am an original”
msstock87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 06:07 AM
Master Fan

I completely agree with what you are saying. In season 1 many DJers wanted Joey to have the guy because Jen breezed in all NY and blond and Joey felt like she was losing her bestfriend. I definately did not ship them as a couple because I noticed Dawson was so fascinated with Jen and only appreciated Joey when she got dressed up and looked pretty.

Pacey has always preferred Joey over Jen. Even in season 1 he never went gag over Jen and noticed Joey when she was just being herself. That is why I believe he always loved her more than Dawson ever could.

Dawson is a truly horrible friend. He never saw any good in Pacey so I have no idea why he acted as if Pacey owed him any loyality. I remember in season 6 when he brought up the fact that Pacey moving in on Joey made him realize that Pacey had not been his friend in a long time. In what universe was Dawson ever Pacey's friend?
Quote:
I just have to say how tiring it is that almost every episode in season 1 begins and ends with Dawson and Joey in his bedroom.
It's so immature and childish.
posterity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 06:31 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by msstock87 (View Post)
Their first kiss wasn't the worst, but I think you are right, the only thing they have going for them is the music. I actually really like the score music for Dawson's Creek.
I agree. One Christmas, my sister made me a mix CD of all my favorite songs that played on the show during the Pacey/Joey storyline. I still have it, and the music is included in the mix I listen to as I work.
kaspergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 06:33 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by posterity (View Post)
I completely agree with what you are saying. In season 1 many DJers wanted Joey to have the guy because Jen breezed in all NY and blond and Joey felt like she was losing her bestfriend. I definately did not ship them as a couple because I noticed Dawson was so fascinated with Jen and only appreciated Joey when she got dressed up and looked pretty.

Pacey has always preferred Joey over Jen. Even in season 1 he never went gag over Jen and noticed Joey when she was just being herself. That is why I believe he always loved her more than Dawson ever could.

Dawson is a truly horrible friend. He never saw any good in Pacey so I have no idea why he acted as if Pacey owed him any loyality. I remember in season 6 when he brought up the fact that Pacey moving in on Joey made him realize that Pacey had not been his friend in a long time. In what universe was Dawson ever Pacey's friend?

It's so immature and childish.
I agree with all your points. Really-what choice is there? Dawson or Pacey? Hands down-Pacey is IT.
kaspergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 07:14 AM
Master Fan

I just rewatched the pilot and I think DJ would have been better if they had not tried to sell Joey's attraction to him from the pilot. We never saw them as friends because she spent her entire season jealous over his thing with Jen. I also don't get why Jen would breeze in and automatically feel attracted to Dawson. He doesn't have charm or charisma to explain why two girls would be after him. He actually seems aloof and childish. He seems extremely unprepared for the opposite sex in season 1...clumsy if I may say.
Old 06-30-2013, 08:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

Dawson was very clumsy with girls in season 1, he didn't know how to act around them. Looking back, it does seem that Pacey always preferred Joey over Jen, even when he was teasing her, he noticed her more that Dawson did in season one.
I am an original”
Old 06-30-2013, 09:23 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
I just rewatched the pilot and I think DJ would have been better if they had not tried to sell Joey's attraction to him from the pilot. We never saw them as friends because she spent her entire season jealous over his thing with Jen. I also don't get why Jen would breeze in and automatically feel attracted to Dawson. He doesn't have charm or charisma to explain why two girls would be after him. He actually seems aloof and childish. He seems extremely unprepared for the opposite sex in season 1...clumsy if I may say.

Its been a while since ive really watched season 1 but didnt Jen gravitate towards Dawson because he was the opposite of what she was used to? Like she was used to boys who were experienced and Dawson was so clumsy and a nice guy.

And I agree why I cant ever get behind D/J (with more mature eyes)is because they seemed so unrealistic from the beginning.They didnt seem like best friends who were flirting with the idea of jumpin into a deeper relationship because their friendship was never concretely established to me. If they wouldve had Joey subtly becoming jealous of Jen after like the second episode I maybe couldve believed it more.
Anti-Soulmates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 09:38 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti-Soulmates (View Post)
Its been a while since ive really watched season 1 but didnt Jen gravitate towards Dawson because he was the opposite of what she was used to? Like she was used to boys who were experienced and Dawson was so clumsy and a nice guy.

And I agree why I cant ever get behind D/J (with more mature eyes)is because they seemed so unrealistic from the beginning.They didnt seem like best friends who were flirting with the idea of jumpin into a deeper relationship because their friendship was never concretely established to me. If they wouldve had Joey subtly becoming jealous of Jen after like the second episode I maybe couldve believed it more.
You guys have a point we never really see Dawson and Joey just as friends. We are told that they know each other best but are never shown. I think it would've helped to to see Joey's feelings for Dawson slowly change. Then again, we are shown the changing feelings with Pacey and Joey instead and I'm grateful for that.
Old 06-30-2013, 11:29 AM
Part-Time Fan

Yea because in the episode where they picked up Andie Pacey felt like he had to explain why Joey was going with him, but by like the episode when the mural was destroyed Pacey was right there with Dawson trying to comfort Joey. Joey said he was the first person she thought of when her weekend away turned out so bad. We got to see their relationship progress. The D/Jo situation we were thrust into a will they wont they because they were apparently super connected since years prior to the pilot. Even maybe some flashbacks or something wouldve helped.
Anti-Soulmates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 07:39 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

This is probably just me, but I think Joey's forehead kisses with Dawson are almost motherly. She's almost always soothing him. I know that there are some occasons where he comforts her, but most of the time, it's about him.

Their relationship isn't equal.
Old 06-30-2013, 08:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

Their relationship isn't equal. It usually is Joey comforting Dawson and not the other way around. He didn't care much about when she was in pain.
I am an original”
Old 07-01-2013, 09:22 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Even in season 1 he never went gag over Jen and noticed Joey when she was just being herself.
That's so true! He thought Jen was pretty of course, but he didn't pursue her at all! He actually liked Joey and made a move on her instead. Nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristinaL80 (View Post)
This is probably just me, but I think Joey's forehead kisses with Dawson are almost motherly. She's almost always soothing him. I know that there are some occasons where he comforts her, but most of the time, it's about him.

Their relationship isn't equal.
It isn't just you! Lol! I'd forgotten that she kissed his forehead, I was disappointed when I recently saw it because I thought it was a P/J thing. But after she did it a few times I no longer cared because, the lack of chemistry aside, it was more of a motherly, almost routine thing. They weren't usually out of affection. Their relationship was always about Dawson. When it came to Dawson, everything was about Dawson. He only cared about the pain of others when it somehow related to him.That's why when the series ended Dawson was left with the ultimate love of his life - himself. I'm happy for him!
Azaiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 01:11 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azaiya (View Post)
That's so true! He thought Jen was pretty of course, but he didn't pursue her at all! He actually liked Joey and made a move on her instead. Nice!

It isn't just you! Lol! I'd forgotten that she kissed his forehead, I was disappointed when I recently saw it because I thought it was a P/J thing. But after she did it a few times I no longer cared because, the lack of chemistry aside, it was more of a motherly, almost routine thing. They weren't usually out of affection. Their relationship was always about Dawson. When it came to Dawson, everything was about Dawson. He only cared about the pain of others when it somehow related to him.That's why when the series ended Dawson was left with the ultimate love of his life - himself. I'm happy for him!
Yeah, I had liked to think every little gesture was a PJ thing before doing this full rewatch, but you're right it's all about chemistry. I still think Pacey and Joey are the most affectionate couple, thouh. They always seemed to be touching each other, holding hands, their over the shoulder embrace [which Dawson and Joey did in season 6 and is still disappointig, imo], forehead kisses, kissing hands, etc.

Last edited by ChristinaL80; 07-02-2013 at 01:23 PM
ChristinaL80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 05:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

Dawson and Joey just lack chemistry as a couple. Their gestures seemed like friendship more than lovers.
I am an original”
Old 07-02-2013, 06:06 PM
Master Fan

Dawson and Joey had zero romantic chemistry. Wow, I can't believe how bad it is sometimes when I rewatch their scenes post season 1. The love scene in season 6 is so awkward to watch, even their morning after scene, because they look wrong together.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top