Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-22-2013, 03:03 PM
Master Fan

I think this caused shipwars back then too. I wasn't part of fandom but I did lurk around and I remember this being a sore spot with Dawson and Joey and Pacey and Joey shippers. Because it seemed as if the offscreen dynamics had some hint of the onscreen drama.

I think it used to make Dawson/Joey shippers so mad when people pointed out the close friendship between Josh and Katie because it made it seem as if Pacey/Joey shippers ended up getting everything at the end. So funny.

Unfortunately the reality is she was closest to Josh and it was obvious in their interactions too. I am not trying to say she wasn't friends with James but I am definately saying I would not love to see them working together again, with that bad chemistry.
posterity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 03:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think when people are close in real life sometimes it brings out their on screen chemistry. I think that is maybe a reason Josh and Katie had so much chemistry on screen and her and Dawson didn't.
I am an original”
msstock87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 06:56 AM
Master Fan

I am trying to get into Fringe and I don't think Josh has a lot of chemistry with the actress who plays Olivia. I heard from various places that they did not get along very well offscreen and it made me believe this is why they struggle with their chemistry. I think Josh is pretty open, honest and expressive. Because he is so honest about who he loves to work with or thinks highly of, he puts that energy or feelings into his work. That's why he was so excellent with Katie. He really held her in high regard and loved working with her. He's also excellent on Fringe with Walter, because he really loved that actor offscreen so their father/son relationship shows up amazing onscreen.

I think Katie got along well with James, but not at the same level as she did Josh. It's obvious because their platonic scenes were good but their romantic scenes were bad. Towards the end of the series, Katie started to do a lot of closed mouth kissing with Dawson and Eddie, it was so weird to watch. She was pecking her way through makeouts with Dawson. Their entire first time time together, the makeouts leading to the sex were all closed mouthed. I am so glad that didn't happen with Pacey.
Old 06-23-2013, 07:42 AM
Moderator Support Team

That's not true because I know that they do get along, but again, most shows that they always saying that they have problem w/ each other since both of them are lead in the show.. Shrug.. But again, like I say, I don't buy what the sources say since everyone on the show really get along well.. Shrug..

Beside, chemistry is subjective since Josh and Anna actually have chemistry.. Shrug..

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
fly me to the moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 07:45 AM
Master Fan

Did you get to visit them on set? I have no idea since I just got into fandom and then I was surprised by the lack of overt chemistry between the characters. I went to the fringe board and saw those comments. Then I went online and saw it from some other sources.

I agree chemistry is subjective but I always look for a big or sexy chemistry and usually Josh has it with a female he works with but I have yet to see it with them. I just started though so maybe it will improve later in the series.
Old 06-23-2013, 08:05 AM
Moderator Support Team

Well, I don't know.. Shrug.. Beside, Josh's character wasn't my fav on Fringe since I get sometimes bored w/ his scenes since I feel like he wasn't great actor on the show, but I only like him when he's w/ Olivia or Walter, but if he's only, I sometimes skip his scene..

But it get better for two of them, but like you said, it's all depend on people..

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
fly me to the moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 08:10 AM
Master Fan

Really? That's too bad! I hope that I find Peter to be interesting on that show, but I gues some roles are not always the best for every actor. My friend is a huge Pacey fan and said she didn't think Josh's acting was good on Fringe either. I guess I will figure it out as the series progresses. I am Josh biased though so I might not see it that way.

But to be on topic as well, there was discussion on the PJo thread about Dawson/Joey scenes in Anti-Prom, and I have to say I enjoyed them. I thought towards the end of season 3 Joey was so irritated by Dawson in almost all of their scenes. She always had something snappy to say. Particularily in Anti-Prom and True Love.
Old 06-23-2013, 02:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

Dawson in Anti-prom was so horrible to Joey, I couldn't stand it when he just screamed at her outside for dancing with Pacey. Open your eyes Dawson.
I am an original”
Old 06-24-2013, 06:05 PM
Part-Time Fan

That goes to show how much Dawson saw Joey as a possession. She couldn't even breath near Pacey without Dawson Frown lines showing up. A part of him knew how natural they seemed to be so tried to make sure they spent no more alone time together.

Oh and question. I thought I read somewhere that Josh and Katie Dated in real life the first season? I always attributed that to their ability to be so easy going with one another in their scenes
Anti-Soulmates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 06:17 PM
Master Fan

Yeah they did date in season 1. I feel thankful for Pacey/Joey because they are my only ship that defined all odds. They are the underdog ship that somehow managed to get endgame and the actors dated but somehow remained friends so it wasn't awkward and did not make it easier for the writers to go with Dawson/Joey.
Old 06-24-2013, 06:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

Dawson seeing Joey as a possession was one of my biggest annoyances about him. I think you're right about him seeing the chemistry between Joey and Pacey and he didn't want them to be near each other.

Josh and Katie dated during season 1, and I think they had broken up around season 2.
I am an original”
Old 06-24-2013, 06:23 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti-Soulmates (View Post)
That goes to show how much Dawson saw Joey as a possession. She couldn't even breath near Pacey without Dawson Frown lines showing up. A part of him knew how natural they seemed to be so tried to make sure they spent no more alone time together.

Oh and question. I thought I read somewhere that Josh and Katie Dated in real life the first season? I always attributed that to their ability to be so easy going with one another in their scenes
Yes, they did date during season 1 and part of season 2, I think. Last summer, the media brought it up again when Katie called Josh after her divorce. Anyway, I agree, their off-screen friendship is what made their on-screen chemistry so natural.
Old 06-24-2013, 06:45 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by posterity (View Post)
Yeah they did date in season 1. I feel thankful for Pacey/Joey because they are my only ship that defined all odds. They are the underdog ship that somehow managed to get endgame and the actors dated but somehow remained friends so it wasn't awkward and did not make it easier for the writers to go with Dawson/Joey.
Seriously! P/Jo is like the only couple I can think of mines that was actually endgame. I notice I always lean towards couples that are unexpectedly work well together, and/or meant to be a prop for another couple.

And if Dawsons character was based on KW I wonder if the person he based Joey on is still in his life because if they were anything like D/Jo, they must be really unhealthy for each other
Anti-Soulmates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 07:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

I have heard Kevin say that Joey is based off his best friend growing up. They never dated though.
I am an original”
Old 06-24-2013, 08:42 PM
Dedicated Fan

I started to post this on the P/J thread, but my post was already too long, and I figured it would fit better on this one anyway.

So, I'm currently up to the last five episodes of season 2, and I've been noticing so many things. I wish I'd taken notes, there are so many instances of foreshadowing that really lets me know that this story totally wrote itself, because the signs all point to Pacey and Joey but a P/J pairing wasn't even thought of at the time. But anyway, another thing I noticed was about Dawson and Joey. Like season 3, in season 2 Joey was conflicted because she wanted to be Dawson's friend again. When she first broke up with him Dawson kept picking at her and picking at her, and after Jack realized he was gay I think she just fell back to Dawson because her confidence finally crumbled. Realizing that Joey truly just wanted to be his friend all that time, I began to see just how creepy Dawson was. It's funny because I've also been reading the recaps on TWOP, and in the recap of the series finale Sars wrote:

Quote:
When Joey is dancing with Pacey, he's telling her how much fun she is and making jokes (however lame), whereas Dawson's being all intense and needy (with the pointing out that she left early) and creepy ("I like that I still make you nervous"? Okay, Paul Bernardo). Pacey's natural behaviour is to make Joey comfortable. Dawson's natural behaviour is to make Joey anxious. Pacey is fun. Dawson is a drip.
Season 2 is filled with examples of that creepiness! It's like, dude, she needs space, leave her alone! But virtually every single time they were by themselves, which almost always happened by Dawson's design, Dawson brought up their lack of a relationship and how badly he felt about it. And by not allowing her the space she needed to find herself, Joey couldn't escape from him, so she just allowed herself to fall back into being who he wanted her to be. Even when he got drunk on his 16th birthday and Joey was explaining to him (again!) that their break-up had nothing to do with him and everything to do with her need to get to know herself outside of him and his influence, he told Joey to "hurry up because, God, I love you." Unbelievable! 'Cut short the process of exploring your Self because I want to be with you again because it's all about me.' He can be so insufferable. Then in season 2 after she rightly told him off after he gave her the ultimatum about her father, and then strangely felt bad about it and missed him over the summer and lost her mind again and offered herself to him, she only wanted his friendship. Dawson just could not believe that she wasn't still that fifteen-year-old who thought she was in love with him until she realized that making out with him wouldn't change anything about how he related to her. Jerk.
Azaiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top