Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2013, 05:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

I don't think the writers knew what to do with them as a couple either, I think maybe it was because their romantic chemistry was seriously lacking.
I am an original”
msstock87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 06:22 PM
Master Fan

Dawson never had any great chemistry with anyone. We never noticed his chemistry with Joey was bad because his chemistry with Jen wasn't that much better. It's just because Pacey had sensational chemistry with Joey that suddenly their apparent lack of chemistry was made clear.
posterity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 06:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

Josh and Katie had amazing chemistry from the beginning, so I think when you then put her with James it made it more apparent, their lack of chemistry.
I am an original”
Old 07-05-2013, 06:42 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

I just think they tried too hard to be natural and they were not.
Old 07-06-2013, 02:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristinaL80 (View Post)
I just think they tried too hard to be natural and they were not.
That's a good way to put it. They just didn't come across as natural.
I am an original”
Old 07-08-2013, 11:56 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

I watched the episode 4x08 Unusaual Suspects yesterday and Dawson proves to still be a narrow minded jerk in the end. Pacey says something about finally moving on from last spring. He thinks that Dawson is finally starting to forgive him and Dawson says that the moment he saw Pacey and Joey on his porch was the worst moment of his life, which I can understand to a degree and he cannot move on from that. He has every right to be upset, but he's over the top. Pacey didn't kill Dawson's family or drown his puppy. Pacey and Joey just developed feelings for each other and they didn't tell Dawson the split second that they knew.

I understand "the friendship code," but Dawson found Pacey and Jen's [ who happens to be Dawson's ex- girlfriend as well] sex pact humorous. So according to Dawson, Joey is off limits because he labeled her his "soul mate" and they dated for four months, only four months. And because he planned on getting back together with her when he was ready like Joey was just supposd to wait around for him.

Okay, done with rambling.

Last edited by ChristinaL80; 07-08-2013 at 12:04 PM
ChristinaL80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 12:33 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by msstock87 (View Post)
Josh and Katie had amazing chemistry from the beginning, so I think when you then put her with James it made it more apparent, their lack of chemistry.
I agree! I didn't notice their lack of chemistry in the D/J "love" scenes of season 2 until I re-watched them after seeing the undeniable chemistry in the P/J "love" scenes of season 3. It was only in retrospect. I mean, that kiss Dawson gave her in the Anti-Prom was pretty lame, I did notice that. But it wasn't just because she wasn't into him at the time (as I thought before I forced myself to re-watch the series the first time), it was just because they never had any. I didn't see the episode where Dawson and Joey had sex, but by all accounts, it was just awful, so maybe their lack of chemistry did decline over the years until it was just plain gross.

P/Jers were robbed of any real P/J make-out action. Remember that scene in early season 2, where Dawson and Joey were outside, making out on a blanket? They started off side-by-side and he rolled on top of her. Then they sat up, spoke briefly, and began making-out again, this time with Joey straddling him. I imagined the same scene with Pacey in place of Dawson, and I think the writers kept P/J make-out sessions on a more PG level on purpose. They did have an 8pm time-slot after all! I was watching the Longest Day earlier and I remember in the recaps on TWoP they pointed out the inappropriateness for the time slot of Pacey and Joey moaning as kissed each other. That was never an issue with Dawson and Joey!
Azaiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 02:46 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azaiya (View Post)
I agree! I didn't notice their lack of chemistry in the D/J "love" scenes of season 2 until I re-watched them after seeing the undeniable chemistry in the P/J "love" scenes of season 3. It was only in retrospect. I mean, that kiss Dawson gave her in the Anti-Prom was pretty lame, I did notice that. But it wasn't just because she wasn't into him at the time (as I thought before I forced myself to re-watch the series the first time), it was just because they never had any. I didn't see the episode where Dawson and Joey had sex, but by all accounts, it was just awful, so maybe their lack of chemistry did decline over the years until it was just plain gross.

P/Jers were robbed of any real P/J make-out action. Remember that scene in early season 2, where Dawson and Joey were outside, making out on a blanket? They started off side-by-side and he rolled on top of her. Then they sat up, spoke briefly, and began making-out again, this time with Joey straddling him. I imagined the same scene with Pacey in place of Dawson, and I think the writers kept P/J make-out sessions on a more PG level on purpose. They did have an 8pm time-slot after all! I was watching the Longest Day earlier and I remember in the recaps on TWoP they pointed out the inappropriateness for the time slot of Pacey and Joey moaning as kissed each other. That was never an issue with Dawson and Joey!
I agree about P/J make-out scenes. They were always short. The closest thing they had was at the beginning of A Family Way in season 4, but Pacey cut it short. The scene did have a little heavy breathing and Joey kept touching him on the neck and around his opened collared shirt. They also had a short semi make-out scenein Mind Games and let's not forget the quick but good office make-out in season 6.

About the Dawson and Joey Anti-Prom kiss, I think Joey had a sad look after he pulled away, which contradicts what she told him later that she still felt something. It wasn't the same kind of look she gave Pacey in Castaways and the finale, imo.
Old 07-08-2013, 04:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

I always noticed P/J's makeout scenes were kept shorter too, maybe because they were hotter?

Joey did look sad after Dawson kissed her in the "Anti Prom". She didn't look blown away or happy at all. I think that showed that Dawson wasn't the one she wanted to be kissing.
I am an original”
Old 07-09-2013, 07:25 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

I actually like the Dawson and Joey scene in Self-Reliance when he gives her the picture with her and Pacey. Why did they have to ruin it a few episodes later with the none of his business sex question and her lie?
Old 07-09-2013, 08:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

That scene in self reliance was actually a good one, it was one of the rare moments in their friendship that showed growth.
I am an original”
Old 07-14-2013, 08:56 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

Okay, I thought it was nice that Dawson gave Joey the money for college, but then he ruined it by saying, "I still don't know about how I feel about you sleeping with Pacey." Really?
Old 07-14-2013, 09:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

That is the thing with Dawson and Joey, he will say something or do something nice for Joey, but then he will say something that will totally mess it up.
I am an original”
Old 07-14-2013, 09:06 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

And reinforce the notion that their relationship is unhealthy.
Old 07-15-2013, 02:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristinaL80 (View Post)
And reinforce the notion that their relationship is unhealthy.
Exactly! If the writers wanted us to believe that their relationship was getting healthier, by throwing in a line like that didn't help.
I am an original”
Reply   Post New Thread