Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2005, 07:44 PM
Master Fan

258 Daisies & Roses 4 Dawson & Joey: After they made love, words lost all meaning

Thanks to CrisBR for the title suggestion.

Welcome to the Dawson Leery and Joey Potter appreciation thread!

Courtesy of Britney:

*Why do we say Daisies and roses for Dawson and Joey?*

In the second season premeir, which is called "The Kiss" Dawson and Joey have their first date, and on that first date Dawson gives Joey a Daisy, he said he thought of everything, chocolates, diamonds, convertables - but he settled for foliage.

And Foliage is good.

Then in the 602, entitled, "The Song Remains the same", which is the second episode of season 6, Dawson and Joey sleep together, and that morning Dawson gives Joey a White rose, and its increadibly romantic. Joey says that theres a $500 fine to pick them, and he says, It's worth every penny. I think thats the reason why we consider them the Daisy and Roses couple.

Once that was said, a little intro about our couple: who they are and what they mean to each other. Thanx Coolcat200 for this review (about Coda, episode 423) that explains, so beatifully, what D/J are:

True North

It's there. There's no doubt.

But what is it. It's undefinable and yet it's unmistakable: the thickening of the air when Joey and Dawson share a scene.

Is it chemistry? Joey and Pacey have chemistry, but it's not like what she has with Dawson.

It's something different. It's something more.

I've never been one to go in for the whole soul mate thing, but I think it fits. These two people are part of each other, extensions of each other. No matter where they go or whom they are with, they will always come back together because one can't survive without the other.

Joey said that Dawson is her magic. She loved, maybe still loves, Pacey but the magic faded. Love alone wasn't enough to sustain them. But with Dawson, after everything they have been through, the magic still flows.

Dawson wasn't thanking Spielberg. The director wasn't the most prolific influence in his life. He didn't shape Dawson and make him the man he is today. Joey did that.

There's no doubt that they love each other, and that they always will. But it more than that.

It's about finding someone whose life is so intrinsically linked to your own that you don't know where you end and they begin? And not only being okay with that, but also craving it.

It's about finding someone who is so much a part of you that you can't imagine who you would be without them.

It's about knowing a person so well that even when the walls are up you see right through them.

And no matter where they go from here, Dawson and Joey are that for each other: and they always will be.

And that is what this show is all about.

You can say that again!! Nothing will ever change that, and that is why we, and everybody else (even the ones who won't admit it out loud ) know that these two would eventually get back together. Once and for all.

Now, on with the show...

Tom Kapinos

"Well, my feelings are this, and this is just one writer's opinion, but to me the show is about Dawson and Joey and it's about these two people who meet really young, and they are sort of meant to be. They are soulmates, but life gets in the way, and it's impossible when you're that young to sustain a relationship like that. So each person has to go off and have other relationships that are positive and real and important. I think Dawson and Joey ultimately... I would like to think they would make their way back to each other, but in the meantime they have all these other relationships to explore."

Anna Fricke

"I'll say this: I do think that this show, regardless of my opinion, is about the love between Dawson and Joey. When you cut everything else away, those two are at the heart".

Greg Berlanti

"I sort of always make the case that [Dawson's Creek] is about a pair of soulmates who met too young, and that's who Joey and Dawson are, but part of the power of our show is, how do these people still manage to find their way back to each other?"

Find out the ~ 500 reasons why we love Dawson Leery and Joey Potter ~

Welcome to the Dawson and Joey appreciation thread. To find some Dawson and Joey goodness, you can go here:

/Websites\

~ Pure Magic ~

~ Bed of Roses ~.

~ Peter's fanfiction ~

~ Renae's fanfic and videos ~

~ Soulmates ~

~ You and me always ~

~ Dawson and Joey Art Collection ~

~ James and Katie Webpage ~

/Fanlistings\

* ~ DaydreamBeliever: the Coda fanlisting ~

* ~ Your life awaits: the Swang Song fanlisting ~

* ~ Romantic Dreamer Addicted to Movies: Dawson Leery Fanlisting ~

* ~ Be careful what you wish for: episode 2.16 fanlisting ~ <<<<<< NEW

* ~ The Perfect wedding: episode 2.18 fanlisting ~ <<<<<< NEW

* ~ Ch...ch... changes: episode 2.21 fanlisting ~ <<<<<< NEW

* ~ Reunited: episode 2.20 fanlisting ~ <<<<<< NEW

If you have a site you would like to be added to the opening post, please let us know.

If there was something that always defined D/J and their history, was music. Music never lies, and that is why I would like to post in here some observations made by Brandi about some of the lyrics used for our couple. It was (and it still is) Dawson and Joey all the way baby! They even have their own song, written specially for them: "Joey girl", by Binge (see lyrics scrolling down)

Anyway, here you got Brandi's post:

---------------------

I was listening to my D/J comp CD's last night, and I just fell in love with D/J's songs all over again. I listened to them straight through for hours, and I kept hearing the same themes popping up in the songs:

Marriage:

"Love for all my life, to have and to hold"- (Sunday Kind Of Love)
"He and I, we needed a brass band"- (Thistle)
"Someday somebody gonna ask you, a question that you should say yes to"- (Questions)
"He wants to marry me, carry me far away"- (Thinking Over)

Rain:

"In the rain, the pavement shines like silver"- (On My Own)
"And rain falls angry on the tin roof"- (I'll Be)
"I fall alseep to the sound of London rain"- (London Rain)
"Kiss the rain whenever you need me"- (Kiss The Rain)

Home:

"Too long, too far from home"- (Full Of Grace)
"Without a home, without a friend, without a face to say hello to"- (On My Own)
"Now I'm just rolling home, into my lover's arms"- (Broken Road)
"I'm coming, I'm coming home to you"- (London Rain)
"It feels like home to me"- (Feels Like Home)
"You see that I'm crying, though I'm going home"- (Music To My Ears)
"He took her by the hand, walked her back home, and they took the long way"- (Questions)
"So I took a little time, and you took a little space, but the house is feeling cold"- (Tell Me)
"So when I lose my way, please call me home, I pray"- (Your Love)

Roads/Paths:

"God blessed the broken road that lead me straight to you"- (Broken Road)
"Like the path of a star, I'll be everywhere you are"- "(Say Goodnight, Not Goodbye)
"When the road gets dark, and you can no longer see"- (Have A Little Faith In Me)
"Maybe this road we're on's the very thing that's come between us; maybe it's the highway to the very thing that just might save us"- (Each Little Mystery)
"I take the road that's right, even if I'm left alone"- (Wait For The Way)
"You're really somewhere down the road...I know"- (Souviners)
"But borrowed faith is just not the road to take"- (Camelot)
"The path of nails and scars is the only way"- (Camelot)
"We may never meet again on the bumpy road to love"- (Can't Take That Away From Me)
"There are two roads to walk down, and one road to choose"- (Thinking Over)

Even in the lyrics, it's clear that D/J are on the "road" to each other, because they are each other's "home". Even though that journey may be a long one and has a lot of obstacles ("rain"), once they finally reach "home", they will be together forever. The music doesn't lie!

--------------------------

"What we have is forever". "Yes, it is". "I love you Dawson". "I love you too Joey". "You and me always". "Always".

"Joey Girl"
Performed and written by Binge

All the things that we've been through
And all the things we didn't do
The colors fade
The seasons change
And all the time I've waited here for you

All the things that I should have done
To all the wars we've never won
The stars will fall
The leaves will change
My love for you will always be the same

Joey, my arms are open for you
Joey, you know that you are mine
Joey, you know that I adore you
Joey girl, someday I'll make you mine

It seems to me that I've been here once before
Can't you see that it's all worth fighting for
You used to come in through my window
But I can't wait here anymore, Joey girl...

All that signs that I misread
All the things I should have said
They haunt me now
But things will change
My love for you will always stay the same

Joey, my arms are open for you
Joey, you know that you are mine
Joey, you know that I adore you
Joey girl, someday I'll make you mine
I'll make you mine...

Watch the video here <<<< LINK FIXED!!

Remember: something has to end to begin again. This end was just a new beginning for D/J, like it always has been, because they are...

So keep the D&J love going!

Carry on D/Jers!

Last edited by Baby Britney; 02-11-2005 at 07:57 PM
Old 02-11-2005, 10:36 PM
Loyal Fan

Hey everyone I love the new thread title. I haven't been posting much lately, I am going to try and do it more. New avvies:

I hope everyone likes!

Icon thanks to rossfangirl86
Old 02-11-2005, 10:55 PM
Master Fan

Aww, those are beautiful sassy! I absolutly love them. Snagged 'em all.

I have one of those Satilite Radio things in my car, and there's this station called the pulse that plays music from the 90's and today, well anyways, guess what song came on. "Kiss the rain" by Billie Myers, and omg, i got a major flashback. I was in the car with my friend Jen, and i almost swerved off of the road. Crazy.

As always, im going to post the scene from where the thread title came from:

Quote:
Joey: Hi.

Dawson: Hi. You look beautiful. ( How sweet is he?)

Joey: Thank you. Do you have to work today?

Dawson: Yeah. Yeah. Uh, but I was thinking maybe we could get together later on.

Joey: Great.

Dawson: Like around 5:00?

Joey: Sure.

Dawson: Ok. I'll, uh, I'll call you.

Joey: Great.

Dawson: Not like, "I'll call you," like the bad cliche, like I say that I'll call you and I never do.

Joey: You mean not like e standard blow-off you get from a frat guy trying to make a graceful exit from the world's most embarrassing hook-up?

Dawson: Yes.. I’m mean not like that.

Joey: Not embarrassing.

Dawson: No None of that. No.

Joey: So I guess we're in agreement that since last night, words have totally lost all meaning. Because I just spent 15 minutes in that bathroom trying to think of something to say to you, and, well, all I could come up with was "hi."

Dawson: I liked it. It was heartfelt and sincere.

Joey: It was idiotic.

Dawson: I can top that. The note that I left on your pillow this morning? 4 drafts. I spent like an hour trying to come up with something historically meaningful to say to you, something that would encapsulate everything about how I felt about us, about sex, about the most incredible night of my life, and you know what I came up with?

Joey: "Went out for breakfast."

Dawson: 4 of the dumbest words in the English language, and not one of them says what I meant to say.

[Cell phone rings]

Dawson: I have to get that. Hello.

Todd: Leery, I'm waiting! Why am I waiting, you ask? 'Cause you're not bloody here.

Dawson: Yeah, sorry about that. I was--

Todd: you're just gonna get your ass over here, that's what you're gonna do.

[Hangs up the phone]

Joey: Go. Call me later.

Dawson: Ok. And then we can talk. We can finish what we were--

Joey: right, but I have one important thing to ask you right now.

Dawson: What?

Joey: What happened to the other 3 drafts?

Dawson: Oh, I tossed them in the dumpster.

Joey: I see. When you went out to get coffee?

Dawson: Yeah.

Joey: I thought that was a little suspicious.

Dawson: It was, actually, and--and now that you mention it, um...

[Cell phone rings]

[He looks at the caller ID, and it reads SATAN. Joey notice it an smiles]

Joey: Todd calling.

Dawson: How could you tell?

Joey: I'm assuming Satan could only be one person other than Beelzebub himself.

[He answers the phone]

Dawson: Hello.

Todd: I'm gonna need a triple espresso and some sort of pastry-type situation, preferably Italian.

Dawson: I'm on my... [Click] Way.

Joey: Go. Get out of here. I'm afraid to see what happens if the devil calls 3 times in one hour.

Dawson: You know, before I leave, I just want to make absolutely certain--

Joey: Dawson...

[She kisses him]

Joey: [Whispers] Shut up.

[She kisses some more to keep him quiet.]

Joey: Good-bye.

[Dawson leaves, and they both lean against the close door back to back without knowing the other is doing it too. ]

Old 02-12-2005, 12:47 AM
Elite Fan

Love those avies sassy!!!

Thanks for the new thread Britney and for posting that scene. I can never tire of it
Old 02-12-2005, 12:51 AM
Loyal Fan

Glad you guys liked them! I love that scene, I have watched it over and over, it's so adorable.

Old 02-12-2005, 04:17 AM
Part-Time Fan

sassy pie wow graeat work!!

yeah a new thread for our all time favouite couple!!!!
Old 02-12-2005, 08:24 AM
Dedicated Fan

Yay!! new thread. LOVE the title.

LOVE the icons sassy

Andie: "And where we had our first kiss. I remember my knees were shaking like crazy."

Pacey: "My heart... boom boom boom boom boom boom"
Old 02-12-2005, 03:28 PM
Master Fan

Hey !!

It's been ages since I've last posted here. I miss it I hope all my D/Jers are feeling well. I just wanted to congratulate sassy pie for her beautiful avatars I'm snagging #2 ! Thank you to all of you for posting pictures too, you keep the thread alive.

Also, I wanted to comment on those new threads called "Anti Pacey/Joey thread" and "Anti Dawson/Joey thread". I do not know what do you think about it guys, but I think it is not in the spirit of the show, and having "anti-thread" is, in my opinion, not a good idea.
I do not understand why people are posting in those kind of threads, and how they can "hate" a couple like that. In my opinion, loving a couple is not hating the other one, and especially not hating the fans that worship the other couple.
I do not blame any of you, because it has been more than months since I've last came to this board, and I am not sure the same posters that used to post in this thread are still posting here. I just find this idea of Anti-thingie very unhealthy. I don't really know if it is an appropriated word...
We should all be thankful to had had so lovely and passionate moments for both our couples, and that, I think the show, in a way, even if it disappointed many of us, has satisfied us in a way.
I miss you.
Much love, and Take Care.

D/Jer Till The End
Old 02-12-2005, 03:31 PM
Elite Fan

Hello djers!

Sassy, you're so talented... your avies are amazing... great job!
I'm learning how to make avies, but I don't know anything about these effects you put on words...

And I just love 601/602...

Old 02-12-2005, 06:18 PM
Loyal Fan

I'm glad everyone liked them I am going to make some more today.

CrisBR do you mean like the fading text or the borders? I can help you if you like. Just PM me.

Some pictures:

They look so young!

Dawson: [Laughs] Well?

Joey: It's good. It's really good.

Dawson: You think?

Joey: Yeah, I mean, I can see something actually happening with this.

Dawson: Really?

Joey: Yeah. That's why I was crying. It's a pretty amazing thing to be there for the moment your best friend becomes exactly what he's dreamt about his entire life.

Old 02-12-2005, 07:47 PM
Elite Fan

Sassy, thank you! I've sent you a message!

Well, here some avies... hope you enjoy!

Old 02-12-2005, 08:02 PM
Loyal Fan

Gorgeous avvies! I love the Dawson one! I am PMing you back now.

Old 02-12-2005, 09:49 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJPuReMaGiC
Hey

Also, I wanted to comment on those new threads called "Anti Pacey/Joey thread" and "Anti Dawson/Joey thread". I do not know what do you think about it guys, but I think it is not in the spirit of the show, and having "anti-thread" is, in my opinion, not a good idea.
Actually, I like the idea of having these two threads because for me since I know there is "anti thread" I can go voice my opinion of PJ there and leave it out of the daisy thread here. For the most part, I don't see the "anit threads" as being so much about hating a couple as it is being able to express our views as to why we didn't like the couple.

It is great to see new people make avies. DC has been gone for almost 2 years and new people are still finding their way here and are being inspired to create such wonderful artwork.

This line really got to me:
Joey: Yeah. That's why I was crying. It's a pretty amazing thing to be there for the moment your best friend becomes exactly what he's dreamt about his entire life.

Thanks for posting it Sassy. Another truly great DJ moment.

Renae <who really wants 500 posts so she can use all of the great avies people post>
Old 02-12-2005, 10:03 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by azjdfan
Actually, I like the idea of having these two threads because for me since I know there is "anti thread" I can go voice my opinion of PJ there and leave it out of the daisy thread here. For the most part, I don't see the "anit threads" as being so much about hating a couple as it is being able to express our views as to why we didn't like the couple.
I agree, all long as everything is kept fair I don't see the problem. This board and the shipping threads are some of the best I have seen on FF, even though we all ship different couples the fans still work together to make the Dawsons board fantastic.

Quote:
That line just shows why Dawson and Joey are so wonderful, they believe in each other.

Some more avvies:

Last edited by sassy pie; 02-12-2005 at 11:19 PM
Old 02-12-2005, 11:50 PM
Obsessed Fan

nice pics everyone

love all the avatars

djers

nice new thread

keep the faith always

regards
taubmas80 - djalways - Aussie DJer