Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2004, 04:54 PM
Master Fan

Ok, so here's the update on UNCW. They deferred me which mean they didn't deny me but they didn't accept me either. In the letter, they basically said they considered me and would like to review me again in the next reviewing process. This means I can send in letters of reccomendation, new test scores if any, another personal letter to them, and updated transcripts. So, I'm not giving up on this yet. I'm going to send them a letter and tell them how much of a dream it is of mine to attend UNCW and why. Also, I'm going to see if I can get a few more reccomendation letters (I sent in two the first time). I was really hoping I would get accepted the first time but hopefully through this next reviewing process, they will see I'm worthy enough to go to their school. They gave me a whole list of Q&A stuff so I have that to consider. It seems their averages are considerably above my numbers. For example, they have an average of a 3.80 GPA at their school and I have a cumulative 3.114 GPA right now. I'm going to explain every fault. I can see I can't reach their averages but I can take that slight chance to get accepted by UNCW.

Now, I ask that through this time of great stress and work for me that I do everything in my power to get an acceptance from UNCW. I'm not exactly religious but for this, you better believe I am. Therefore, it would help and support me if any number of you can pray for me, cross your fingers, etc. This process is competitive so I need all the help and supprt I can get. You all are like a family to me through our love for DJ and every nice thing that has happened on this thread. I want to thank Bea, Nagihan, Ashley, and anyone else who has ever hoped/prayed/whatever for me to get in to UNCW. I really appreciate. Ok, I'm off to work now and I'll try to post more updates as soon as I can.

[img]smilies/love.gif[/img] Christy
Old 01-20-2004, 04:59 PM
Master Fan

To answer the question of the month...

How has Dawson and Joey had on your outlook on relationships?

Dawson and Joey has made me believe in the power of soulmates. I am out to found my soulmate and in every relationship I'm in, I tend to find that special bond or connection with a person. Even if it's just friendship, I find that common thing or connection and I treasure it. Through DJ, I also see that although things may seem perfect, there are obstacles. The thing is you have to work through them and see if you can be a stronger couple to make the stronger relationship.

-Christy
Old 01-20-2004, 06:41 PM
Part-Time Fan

Christy

Thanks for answering the question...

Also I am hoping you get in. Your D/J family here has faith that you will get in [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

** Brad **
Old 01-20-2004, 07:13 PM
Elite Fan

[img]smilies/lurking.gif[/img]
Old 01-20-2004, 07:35 PM
Master Fan

Interesting question Brad [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Will answer it another day when I have more time! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Now I just wanted to post this gif I made the other day. Not a great thing, and is more J/K that D/J, but anyway [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Nite! [img]smilies/yawn.gif[/img]

[ 01-20-2004: Message edited Beatriz ]
Old 01-20-2004, 10:40 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by djfan4ever:
<STRONG>Christy

Thanks for answering the question...

Also I am hoping you get in. Your D/J family here has faith that you will get in [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]</STRONG>
Thanks for the support!

-Christy
Old 01-21-2004, 05:40 AM
Master Fan

Hey ppl! [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

Clip of the week has been updated in the VS7 site. It´s the last scene of "Discovery", where D/J talk about how they may have been married for 50 years in an alternative universe [img]smilies/love.gif[/img]

Oh, the longing (sp?) and the anticipation... *sigh*

[ 01-21-2004: Message edited Beatriz ]
Old 01-21-2004, 07:45 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by djfan4ever:
<STRONG>
Question for the month of January:

</STRONG>
Good question...

I have been with my boyfriend for six years now and would definately call him my soulmate...I don't know if I believed in soulmates before I watched DJ but I certainly do now! I also think of my best girl-friends as soulmates too, but with my boyfriend there is a romantic and intense bond that I will only ever share with him. Watching the DJ interaction from the first and second season, made me identify with their initial feelings for eachother and how you just know in your heart, who you are meant to be with forever.....(which is why the finale made me so sad, still, I am enjoying the VS7. Great work!)

[img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

"Everyone longs to find his or her true love and build a life with his or her soul mate, experiencing a special love and sharing an extremely rare and special connection. Everyone has one true love soul mate, the one person you are destined to have a romantic relationship throughout your life on earth (and beyond)."

Carrie/Big, Carrie/Aiden, Seth/Summer, Dawson/Joey, Pacey/Andie, Buffy/Angel
* friends * lovers * soulmates*
Old 01-21-2004, 07:50 AM
Dedicated Fan

&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;newmom: Thank you so much for the list. Is there any other episodes you would consider from that season that you liked of D/J?

Aside from the "moments" from Season 5 I posted earlier, no entire episodes from Season 5 really stand out in my mind as being great Dawson and Joey episodes. Many episodes are great "Dawson" episodes(The Long Goodbye, The Lost Weekend(which is actually a good Audrey/Dawson episode) ), and great Jen/Dawson episodes (Hotel New Hampshire, Sleeping Arrangements etc.), but no episodes were devoted specifically to Dawson and Joey except maybe Swan Song, which really was not one of my favs. The only other one that was pretty good was "A Lonely Place" when Dawson and Joey spend the night at the movies together and they end up talking about Joey's potential affair with her professor.
That aside, as I mentioned before, there are sitll great moments of Season 5 with D/J.
Old 01-21-2004, 12:31 PM
Part-Time Fan

before in the other theard of DJ i mentiond DC was mentioned in the perfect score. here is the link: click on wasting my time
Old 01-21-2004, 02:34 PM
Obsessed Fan

nice fanart bea and great pics [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

dawson and joey relationship has made me more loving and to always cherrish what you have with your soulmate, i've been married to mine for 4 years now and love and soulmates is kickin strong [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] djers keep up the good work

talk to you soon [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

keep the faith always [img]smilies/daisy.gif[/img]

regards
taubmas80 - djalways - Aussie DJer
Old 01-21-2004, 03:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Dawson and joey's relationship has been very inspiration to me. Their love says that love can go beyond friendship and romantic love, that no matter who are u with at the time, you and your best friend will always have a connection that no one can ever touch but you two. and that makes me more inspire to go out and just hoping that i can have a good as a love as dawson and joey and be that happy.
Old 01-21-2004, 04:45 PM
Master Fan

Bea-I like your JK fanart! It's nice!

-Christy
Old 01-21-2004, 08:05 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by RoswellDreamer5:
<STRONG>Bea-I like your JK fanart! It's nice!
</STRONG>
Thanx Christy [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I just had to. It looked so romantic... *sigh*

Nite! [img]smilies/yawn.gif[/img]
Old 01-21-2004, 10:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Awesome fanart [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Closed Thread   Post New Thread