Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2009, 09:33 AM
Elite Fan

200 000 posts celebration

Dawson's Creek is celebrating
200,000 posts
on Fan Forum !

A little message from our administrator Jerry

My first memory of the Dawson’s Creek board was when I first came to Fan Forum in January 1999, and back then, this board was the only board that we had here at Fan Forum. I remember how nice the people were on this board, and how we would discuss the show and the characters in depth, so I immediately felt at home on this board, and I would spend hours posting on it every day.

In December 1999, I was appointed as one of the moderators of the Dawson’s Creek board, and I remained as the moderator here until November 2003, when I became the site Administrator. Back then, the Dawson’s Creek love triangle hadn’t happened yet, because we were in the midst of Season Two of the show, but we had the “Joey Wars,” where the fanbase was divided between people who were mad at Joey for breaking up with Dawson to “find her something, alone” only to “find her something” with Jack, and the people who defended Joey for doing that. Later, at the end of Season Two, the first “shipper thread,” the Dawson and Joey shipper thread, was started on the Dawson’s Creek board, and it brought together a lot of fans who got to know each other through their love of Dawson and Joey, and some of us fans got to be friends in real life and we met in person in Wilmington or at one of the Fan Forum parties.

Once the Season Three love triangle played out, the “Couple Wars” began, and the fanbase was divided between the supporters of Pacey and Joey and the supporters of Dawson and Joey, and that division still exists to this day. Needless to say, at that point, the discussions on the board often got volatile, and arguments broke out quite a bit, and so moderating this board could be challenging, but at the same time, we had some really intelligent posters here who expressed their points of view in very well thought out and articulate ways, and I used to love the discussions that we had here.

Back in its heyday, the Dawson’s Creek board here at Fan Forum was the forum to discuss Dawson’s Creek, and I have a lot of fond memories of the time I spent moderating and posting on this board, and I’m happy that it’s still going strong. Congratulations on 200,000 posts!

A little message from your lovely and devoted mods

THANK YOU ALL
for being such devoted and/or obsessed fans of this show we all love. And for
making our jobs as moderators so much fun. Here's to 200,000 more posts and
10 more years!

I would hate to miss another boat

Last edited by Ali; 07-16-2010 at 03:07 PM Reason: Dead image codes
Old 03-18-2009, 09:47 AM
Ali
Master Fan

Aw, thank for that, Jerry! I wish I was here, then, while it was all happening for the first time!

And TY, Jess!

Believe it!

Dawson's Creek board!
Old 03-18-2009, 09:49 AM
Elite Fan

I am si freaking happy We have the best posters

Do you want to post the link to the IC? I'll let you have the honnor since I posted the thread

Old 03-18-2009, 09:59 AM
Ali
Master Fan

I posted it there.

We really do have the best posters! Let it be known! lol
Dawson's Creek board!
Old 03-18-2009, 10:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Soooo exciting. It's great to be a part of something like this, and a part of the best board, with the best posters, best mods, and best buds! This was board that got me into and it's still my very favorite.

Old 03-18-2009, 10:31 AM
Ali
Master Fan

I second that! Especially the part about the "best mods."

But seriously, lol, this board brought me here too. And it'll always be my home on .
Dawson's Creek board!
Old 03-18-2009, 10:33 AM
Elite Fan

Well let's face it, we're awesome We also have the best posters possible

And I'd really like to thanks Jerry who agreed to do a little write up for us

Old 03-18-2009, 10:34 AM
Administrator

Congratulations everyone! I still think that this message board is the best place to discuss Dawson's Creek, and I have so many wonderful memories of the time I spent posting here. The Dawson's Creek board is where it all began, both for Fan Forum and for me, so this board, and the posters on this board, past and present, will always have a special place in my heart.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 03-18-2009, 10:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yippeee, thank god, i didnt miss this.

This board was the reason i joined too, and its been such a blast posting here. It hasnt been very long, but its been great knowing all the wonderful posters here. And yeah, we do have the best mods. Thanks everyone.

Old 03-18-2009, 10:38 AM
Ali
Master Fan

Thank you so much, Jerry!

I love that this board is the where Fan Forum started. There's so much history!

ETA: Thanks, V! After all these years, DC is bringing people to . That says a lot about this show.
Dawson's Creek board!
Fan Forum Hero

Awwwww congrats guys!! I'm not the biggest fan but I've always liked this show and both leading couples
{ max&liz #700
Kinda weird about that star, huh? Kinda sad...
It just doesn’t seem that something burning so bright could just…burn out.
#ROSWELLBACK
Fan Forum Hero

Did you make the avs, Ali??
And the DC board will always be like "Coming Home" for us.

Best mods, indeed. You can joke, but I'm serious. You put up with our craziness all the time so you girls have earned the title.
Old 03-18-2009, 10:42 AM
Elite Fan

Congrats on 200k! It's about time.

I don't post on this board as much as I used to but it will always be my favorite one on FF. I used to spend all my time here and met some really great people that I still talk to (yes, you're included in this Jess ).

Nic | avi by crisbr
Old 03-18-2009, 10:46 AM
Ali
Master Fan

Thanks for celebrating with us.

Quote:
Did you make the avs, Ali??
And the DC board will always be like "Coming Home" for us.
I did and aww! hehe I love that. It's true.
Dawson's Creek board!
Old 03-18-2009, 10:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Is there anyway I could get a PJen or a DruJen 200k icon? I'm doing puppy dog eyes right now, since you can't see me.

V!! Glad you made it too!! It wouldn't be the same without my partner in crime!!