Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2005, 05:08 AM
New Fan

~Why Is Andie (Meredith) Left off Box Art?~

this is driving me M.A.D cuz i like Andie loads and i think Meredith is a wonderful, electric actress. I can't understand why she is missing while everyone else is on the front of the SEASON 3 boxset cover and THEN also the SEASON 4 boxset. On the reverse of the SEASON 3 boxset Andie AND Jack are missing so i can kinda understand that... but then Jack appears on the reverse of SEASON 4 and still no Andie! Seeing as i regard her as such a great addition to the show, i feel it slightly unappreciative to leave her off.

Any ideas?!

Pompey71
Old 08-04-2005, 05:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Because the marketing people suck?
Old 08-04-2005, 06:05 AM
Elite Fan

^

They seemed to forget Andie ever existed... Kerr and Busy got their space on the DVD's covers, really don't understand why they decided to cut Meredith off...

Old 08-04-2005, 05:20 PM
Master Fan

Oh, i know, it's really stupid.

Pompey71, there had been rumors that Meredith and Paul Stupin (DC producer and a jackass) didn't get along very well, so that might be one of the reasons. I already hate Paul, he's just making his way to the top of my hate list, extremely fast.

But it bugged me to, I mean i love Busy, but Andie was a bigger character then Audrey, she deserved way more regonition. Meredith is such an amazing actress, way better then any other girl on the show (but seeing Michelle's preformance in the finale, it's a bit of a tie.)
Old 08-04-2005, 11:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Meredith and Paul Stupin didn't get along I didn't know about that
Old 08-05-2005, 12:26 PM
Master Fan

^ well, i don't know it it was Paul or somebody else.
Old 08-05-2005, 05:48 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pompey71
this is driving me M.A.D cuz i like Andie loads and i think Meredith is a wonderful, electric actress. I can't understand why she is missing while everyone else is on the front of the SEASON 3 boxset cover and THEN also the SEASON 4 boxset. On the reverse of the SEASON 3 boxset Andie AND Jack are missing so i can kinda understand that... but then Jack appears on the reverse of SEASON 4 and still no Andie! Seeing as i regard her as such a great addition to the show, i feel it slightly unappreciative to leave her off.

Any ideas?

Pompey71
I never understood why she wasn't on the Season 2 box art. Or in the opeing credits in Season 2. I don't get it.
Old 08-05-2005, 08:43 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by antisocial
Because the marketing people suck?
LOL. Yup that about sums this question up!

Yeah, I thought I heard somewhere too that Meredith and someone on the show didn't get along well. WEll... blah to them then! i loved her character and Meredith herself is an amazing actress!
Old 08-05-2005, 11:43 PM
Elite Fan

It couldn't have been that bad, I mean she came back twice after her "goodbye" from the show. The DC DVD's are so pathetic. I would love to see someone re-release them down the line, with all the music and better packaging and acknowledgement of the actors.
Old 08-07-2005, 07:52 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Brightside
It couldn't have been that bad, I mean she came back twice after her "goodbye" from the show. The DC DVD's are so pathetic. I would love to see someone re-release them down the line, with all the music and better packaging and acknowledgement of the actors.
Yeah that would be great, but it's not likely to happen. Sadly..
Old 08-08-2005, 10:06 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Britney
Pompey71, there had been rumors that Meredith and Paul Stupin (DC producer and a jackass) didn't get along very well, so that might be one of the reasons. I already hate Paul, he's just making his way to the top of my hate list, extremely fast.
I just stopped by to say that your comment about Paul Stupin cracked me up! I'll always blame him for ruining Dawson and Joey and Pacey and Andie, and I think it's criminal that such a beloved character as Andie was treated so badly, not only on the show, but now in the artwork for the released DVD's.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 08-09-2005, 04:41 PM
New Fan

Meredith simply makes me believe Andie is real. Her acting is above the rest and i feel it should have been reflected in the box artwork. I think it's disgraceful if someone has left her out maliciously and i would tell Meredith if i met her that she can see it as transcending the rest! She's so good she didn't NEED to be on the box because it would make the others feel bad!!

I do however have my tiers and i gotta admit to thinking Josh is a mighty fine actor too... having forgiven him for starring in The Cursed! Geez. He's better than that.
Old 08-11-2005, 01:25 PM
Master Fan

Heehe, Jerry, glad you liked it, i too blame Paul for screwing up the show, that and his freakishly annoying voice. *shudders*
Old 08-12-2005, 06:57 AM
New Fan

gotta go with that! I was trying to enjoy the commentaries but his voice was like the alternate universe Darth Vader! Some crazy squeaky guy who could have been a mouse in a Disney cartoon! If he IS responsible for Merry's overlookings... i feel revenge may have been served prior!
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top