Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

  New Forum Poll   |     Summer TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread
 
Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-16-2014, 03:43 AM
  #31
Addicted Fan

 
Ms X's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 4,377
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedychatterbox (View Post)
Are you referring to the saying you want your cake and to eat it too? It's a common saying that means, well essentially you cannot have your cake and eat it at the same time, so when a person says this about someone they are implying the person wants more then they should, can't have, nor deserves. The person wants two incompatible things and they can't have it both ways. Joey wanted Dawson to be her bestie and pinning after her, and date Pacey at the same time. She couldn't have it both ways and refused to see it that way and in the end, while it wasn't her intention, she hurt both of them because she couldn't make decision and stick with it and suffer what ever consequences that followed. What ever she had was just never enough.
This is a great post. Completely agree.
__________________
Icon

We are all stories in the end
Ms X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 09:45 AM
  #32
Fan Forum Hero

 
pandiexjeyton's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 61,152
joey got worse as the show progressed imo.
__________________
ZigღMaya RileyღFarkle DanღSerena
NathanღHaley DylanღBrenda JakeღJenna DannyღRiley JoshღGabi
For the record, I like you and only you. Dan Humphrey to Serena That girl is fiercely strong, independent, beautiful, outspoken, capable of anything.
Dan and Blair
pandiexjeyton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 10:32 PM
  #33
Passionate Fan

 
dcfriends's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 3,548
Joey wasn't perfect, but as a viewer, I often find the more flawed characters and the not-so-smooth relationships more interesting to watch. And I think both DJo and PJo had plenty of great moments throughout the show that kept me liking both couples, despite some of their bad moments.

DJo and PJo are my favorite things about S4.

I think Dawson/Gretchen were okay, but I wasn't that into them.

I didn't really like Drue until Promicide.
dcfriends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 06:55 AM
  #34
Fan Forum Hero

 
pandiexjeyton's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 61,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcfriends (View Post)
Joey wasn't perfect, but as a viewer, I often find the more flawed characters and the not-so-smooth relationships more interesting to watch. And I think both DJo and PJo had plenty of great moments throughout the show that kept me liking both couples, despite some of their bad moments.

DJo and PJo are my favorite things about S4.

I think Dawson/Gretchen were okay, but I wasn't that into them.

I didn't really like Drue until Promicide.
I liked drue. I thought him and jen should have had a chance.
__________________
ZigღMaya RileyღFarkle DanღSerena
NathanღHaley DylanღBrenda JakeღJenna DannyღRiley JoshღGabi
For the record, I like you and only you. Dan Humphrey to Serena That girl is fiercely strong, independent, beautiful, outspoken, capable of anything.
Dan and Blair
pandiexjeyton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 04:01 PM
  #35
Fan Forum Star

 
Alexa's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 124,828
Oh Pacey jealous over Dawson again. joy.

I did enjoy the Pacey/Jen and Dawson/Joey scenes. But man this episode was so cheesey!

How did Joey and Pacey not get into trouble when they were on the boat all summer? How did they afford to pay for anything when they were gone? lol.

And then DJ going out to find them.

Drew and Jen have decent chemistry.

I'm glad that Pacey and Dawson made up .
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 11:55 AM
  #36
Part-Time Fan
 
Capeside_girl's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 150
I remember when Pacey said (don't remember which episode) that they could sail away again like they did last summer, when they had several jobs during their trip.
Capeside_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 09:45 AM
  #37
New Fan
 
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capeside_girl (View Post)
I remember when Pacey said (don't remember which episode) that they could sail away again like they did last summer, when they had several jobs during their trip.
It is in the opening scene of 4X01 as they are pulling into Capeside (our first and last port of call). Pacey mentions that they don't have to go home and survived three months taking odd jobs.
the_oc74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 02:11 AM
  #38
Fan Forum Star

 
Alexa's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 124,828
that just seems so far fetched!
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 12:11 PM
  #39
Fan Forum Hero

 
pandiexjeyton's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 61,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
Oh Pacey jealous over Dawson again. joy.

I did enjoy the Pacey/Jen and Dawson/Joey scenes. But man this episode was so cheesey!

How did Joey and Pacey not get into trouble when they were on the boat all summer? How did they afford to pay for anything when they were gone? lol.

And then DJ going out to find them.

Drew and Jen have decent chemistry.

I'm glad that Pacey and Dawson made up .
ugh another fight. oh wait. there was a storm and pacey almost died. no fight. I really love how Dawson knew what to do.
__________________
ZigღMaya RileyღFarkle DanღSerena
NathanღHaley DylanღBrenda JakeღJenna DannyღRiley JoshღGabi
For the record, I like you and only you. Dan Humphrey to Serena That girl is fiercely strong, independent, beautiful, outspoken, capable of anything.
Dan and Blair
pandiexjeyton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 02:25 PM
  #40
Master Fan

 
ChristinaL80's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek
 
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 11,716
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandiexjeyton (View Post)
ugh another fight. oh wait. there was a storm and pacey almost died. no fight. I really love how Dawson knew what to do.
And there wasn't a fight in the episode after that either, imo.
__________________
Christina
ChristinaL80 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 09:35 PM
  #41
Extreme Fan
 
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 2,718
^^^Stop stating facts!
Butterfly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:59 PM
  #42
Master Fan

 
ChristinaL80's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek
 
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 11,716
I did like that Dawson did not hesitate to help Pacey by jumping on the boat.

Loved the Jen and Grams reunion at the end.
__________________
Christina
ChristinaL80 is online now   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top

Powered by vBulletin, Copyright © 2000-2017.

Copyright © 1998-2017, Fan Forum.