Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Summer TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2014, 06:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

it got boring though their fighting about the same thing.
Dan and Blair
pandiexjeyton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 06:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms X (View Post)
I don't think Joey was all bad but certainly in the later seasons, I felt she played most of the guys around and I couldn't relate to her after that.

This episode was meh for me. Another Pacey/Joey arguement which really didn't need to occur and I understand Pacey's reluctance to let Joey know. She doesn't exactly make him feel great when she's getting good grades.

For me Henry breaking up with Jen via Jack was such a lousy thing to do. I felt so sorry for Jen and completely understood her anger even if it was directed at Jack. Henry should have had the balls to break up with her himself.
this they were boring for me a lot of the season.
Dan and Blair
Old 08-31-2014, 11:24 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuVe2LoVe (View Post)
this they were boring for me a lot of the season.
It's a shame because there was spark and potential in season 3 but I have not loved the way they were brought together and then to fight constantly. Relationships go through up and downs all the time but this was a step too far.

We are all stories in the end
Ms X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 12:30 PM
Master Fan

Pacey and Joey pretty much fought through every episode of season 4 until right before the credits, where they made up in some sappy way. This disappointed me because after Season 3 I really wanted more from PJo. This episode was one of the few that bugged me a lot.
~Unfaithful~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 08:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms X (View Post)
It's a shame because there was spark and potential in season 3 but I have not loved the way they were brought together and then to fight constantly. Relationships go through up and downs all the time but this was a step too far.
exactly. and agreed with sara. I tolerated them these two episodes and compared to season 3.
Dan and Blair
Old 09-01-2014, 10:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Unfaithful~ (View Post)
Pacey and Joey pretty much fought through every episode of season 4 until right before the credits, where they made up in some sappy way. This disappointed me because after Season 3 I really wanted more from PJo. This episode was one of the few that bugged me a lot.
word Sara. I agree with Sara and liz. I think he can do better than joey. they constantly fought about dawson. it's boring imo. Season 3 was so much better compared to this.
Dan and Blair
Old 09-24-2014, 05:13 PM
Part-Time Fan

I just have to point something out about this episode most of the classes you take senior year are electives. Pacey senior year should not have been made stressful the way the writers made it out to be. I get not wanting to take two English classes, but it was not extra work and it could have substituted for an elective. You do not need four years of math and science if you fail either of those classes in 11 grade and don't go to summer school it's no big deal just retake them senior year people in my high school did it all the time. Although you did have to take four years of English and had to pass English 11 before you could take English 12 and had to pass us history in 11 grade to take government and economics, in 12 grade. Anyway you have enough room to retake three failed classes senior year without it being stressful and taking extra classes. The writers reached with s/l and it was only a plot point to make others look better than Pacey and make the character look like a failure, which he wasn't. It was so stupid.
Speedychatterbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 04:18 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedychatterbox (View Post)
I just have to point something out about this episode most of the classes you take senior year are electives. Pacey senior year should not have been made stressful the way the writers made it out to be. I get not wanting to take two English classes, but it was not extra work and it could have substituted for an elective. You do not need four years of math and science if you fail either of those classes in 11 grade and don't go to summer school it's no big deal just retake them senior year people in my high school did it all the time. Although you did have to take four years of English and had to pass English 11 before you could take English 12 and had to pass us history in 11 grade to take government and economics, in 12 grade. Anyway you have enough room to retake three failed classes senior year without it being stressful and taking extra classes. The writers reached with s/l and it was only a plot point to make others look better than Pacey and make the character look like a failure, which he wasn't. It was so stupid.
In our schools, you have to take an English, Math and a Science each year and then you can have electives, but you also have to have a certain number of credits at the end of highschool. If Pacey failed three courses and had to re-take those plus the standard 5-6 courses in senior year, that is an extremely heavy course load.
Old 09-26-2014, 04:41 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
In our schools, you have to take an English, Math and a Science each year and then you can have electives, but you also have to have a certain number of credits at the end of highschool. If Pacey failed three courses and had to re-take those plus the standard 5-6 courses in senior year, that is an extremely heavy course load.
I graduated in 2004, which was 10 years ago and I am from NYS. You just needed to pass earth science, biology, and chemistry to get the science credit and just needed Algebra, Geometry, and trig. So if you did fail one of them you could retake them. There were only 4 classes in my school that were four years, English, History, gym, and since I went to an catholic high school I had to take theology. I guess it can depend on the school, year, and state. I do know NYS sometimes differs in education then some others states I think only one other state besides us had to take region exams which were annoying. Honestly I don't see high school make a kid take three extra courses it just wouldn't happen. They would either make the kid substitute the courses for other electives or they just wouldn't graduate with the rest of their class and finish the courses in summer school.

Last edited by Speedychatterbox; 09-26-2014 at 04:53 PM
Speedychatterbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 11:08 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for letting us know

I had no clue ^_^
Old 09-27-2014, 10:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

thanks for letting us know.
Dan and Blair
Old 05-11-2017, 03:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

This episode was pretty boring to me. Jack, Jen and Andie really had nothing to do. Even Dawson.

Pacey's school issues feel like a repeat and oh look, two more pj fights. This is 3 since the start of the season, I'm gonna keep track. And then Pacey brings up Dawson again and its just getting so old. This is why i cant ship PJ. Not cuz of the fighting or the fact I think they just dont work, but because Pacey can't let go of his insecurities.
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 08:31 PM
Elite Fan

I liked this episode. I really like the heart-to-heart talks that Pacey and Joey have. It shows the growth in their relationship.

I don't think the school issues is a repeat as it is an ongoing battle for him.

Pacey's insecurities is there like Andie's issues are there or Dawson's selfishness, etc. They all have their own quirks.

I liked that Mitch said something to Dawson knowing that there is still some type of bond between he and Pacey.
Old 05-11-2017, 11:36 PM
Extreme Fan

^^^lol Good luck with this battle with the S4 episodes. 14 years later and some or fixated on Pacey and Joey having arguments (like ALL COUPLES have, including every couple on DC. Amazes me that when D/J were a couple they fought all the time in S2, S5, and S6. Dawson would always lash out and say cruel things to get back at Joey for hurting his feelings whether it was to find herself, dumping him for a "gay guy," accusing Joey of getting with Pacey just to sleep with him, etc. Pacey never talked to Joey like that, Dawson made at an art to be mean to Joey and put her down if he ego was bruised) like all couples don't have them or the other DC couples didn't have them. I also love how the facts are ignored of Pacey and Joey always talking out thier problems and issues by the end of the episode and it made them strong and more united as a couple (which happened in this episode, the first one, and all the others in S4. Even after their only bad arguement in Promicide, they made up and healed in a mature, realistic way in "Seperation Anxiety.") It was Dawson and Joey that always left things unresolved and it festered into a big ball of mold whenever they were together. That along with them avoiding each other and the problem resulting in a big blow up cause of miscommunacation was THEIR problem as a couple. Not Pacey and Joey's.

I know what I say will be for naught cause some are more comfortable saying all they did was fight over Dawson and never resolved their problems when they did every single time they did have a disagreement (which wasn't all the time like some love to say) so that's why most of the time I just don't care when these facts are continually ignored, if you watch the show you see they don't fight all the time and when they did, they talked it out and came out stronger. That's usually what couples do, and I found it very mature of them. I also agree, I also love how it's ignored that Pacey has ALWAYS had insecurities about school and whether he is good enough, if he will succeed in life since S1. He had these insecurities way before he got with Joey, and in S4 when he thought he was holding her back he told her to leave him behind and Joey refused to do that cause she loved him so much. In SA she was hoping that guy was giving Pacey an offer to the college she was going to and was crushed when it was about a job. She wanted them to get another chance and was devestated. In this very episode Pacey told Joey the truth and told her his fears and Joey said it would be okay and she's not going anywhere without him. I love how vulnerable he was in this scene and again, it strengthened their relationship. I also agree, Pacey wasn't the only one that had insecurities or quirks. Besides selfishness, Dawson had the creepy quirk of always questioning if Joey had sex with someone else (first Jack then Pacey) like her virginity was his property. That's never harped on, or Jen's issues with her past. All this will be ignored as usual but those are the facts, and people just have to watch the episodes to see for themselves

Last edited by Butterfly85; 05-11-2017 at 11:43 PM
Butterfly85 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 10:11 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

I'm just going to say that I don't count that as a big fight between Pacey and Joey. They made up in the next scene, which was a very honest talk about their relationship. One of my favorite scenes of S4.

Last edited by ChristinaL80; 05-12-2017 at 10:21 AM
ChristinaL80 is online now   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top