Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-15-2017, 04:02 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
the last good moment for them IMO considering how awful season 4 was for them.
Season 4 wasn't awful for them until Joey lied to Dawson about sleeping with Pacey. I thought their relationship up until that point unfolded quite beautifully.
flaminga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 07:28 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:

i dont think dawsons perfect, i dont love him all the time, he makes mistakes just like the rest of him, but this biased unfair bashing on him just annoys me.
You have a point here.
Old 04-15-2017, 09:48 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaminga (View Post)
Season 4 wasn't awful for them until Joey lied to Dawson about sleeping with Pacey. I thought their relationship up until that point unfolded quite beautifully.
Pretty much. They had a realistic, mature relationship that included some arguements but despite falsehoods they did resolve their fights and talked it out. Then after that it made them come out stronger as a couple, it's worse to let it linger which they never did. The only bad fight they had was in Promicide then in Seperation Anxiety they made up and healed (another realistic portrayal of a couple breaking up) Hell, every couple on this show had fights and way worse ones IE Dawson/Joey and Mitch/Gail so I don't get the obsession to say they always fought when they didn't. Even after Joey lied (which I still hate) she told Dawson the truth then right after that she refused to let Pacey go after he asked her to so he doesn't hold her back. Over the course of the season they always stressed they planned to stay together no matter what the future had for the other.
Butterfly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 04:39 AM
Elite Fan

I just want to steer us back to the topic of the Thread which is the True Love episode.

I wish Joey had been strong enough right from the beginning to face Dawson about her feelings for Pacey because by the time we got to True Love, Joey was just going through the motions of being Dawson's friend and that really wasn't fair to Dawson. I know he's the one that gave her the ultimatum, but they should have talked it out the way Pacey and Joey talked things out. It would have helped them both in the long run.
Old 04-17-2017, 12:15 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
I just want to steer us back to the topic of the Thread which is the True Love episode.

I wish Joey had been strong enough right from the beginning to face Dawson about her feelings for Pacey because by the time we got to True Love, Joey was just going through the motions of being Dawson's friend and that really wasn't fair to Dawson. I know he's the one that gave her the ultimatum, but they should have talked it out the way Pacey and Joey talked things out. It would have helped them both in the long run.
I'm going to play devil's advocate and say that Joey was afraid to lose Dawson because he was one of the few stable presences in her life. She already lost her mother to cancer and her father to jail. She didn't want to lose Dawson too and that was why she waited for his acceptance to go after Pacey.
Old 04-17-2017, 07:22 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristinaL80 (View Post)
I'm going to play devil's advocate and say that Joey was afraid to lose Dawson because he was one of the few stable presences in her life. She already lost her mother to cancer and her father to jail. She didn't want to lose Dawson too and that was why she waited for his acceptance to go after Pacey.
There is definitely truth to that statement.
Old 04-19-2017, 10:02 AM
Passionate Fan

Joey's problem, all through out the show, has always been because she's afraid. She likes to retract a lot of her decisions. That's why there are really times that I get frustrated with her

Regarding about Dawson, I know that he will always be pivotal in Joey's life and decision. He occupies a big part of Joey's life that is really hard to let go. So i kind of understand the ~situation~

but of course, I am happy she sailed away with Pacey.
Old 04-20-2017, 04:27 AM
Elite Fan

I was ecstatic when she went to Pacey and sailed away into the sunset. It was just the right choice.
Old 05-19-2017, 01:37 AM
We Will Rise

I'm not a PJ fan, but I was happy with that too. it was time. i was tired of PJ dancing around each other lol.

Quote:
Season 4 wasn't awful for them until Joey lied to Dawson about sleeping with Pacey.
Well I've only seen (rewatched) a few episodes thus far, but they've fought 3 times already. And from what I remember they fought a whole lot. To me, that is not a great relationship. That's not something I want to see for one of my ships...

I loved how Joey handled the situation. In most other cases, if your friend gets pissed, the other friend will often say "screw it" at that point and just do what they want to do anyways. At least Joey made and effort to fix things with Dawson and make sure he was doing okay. That's a good friend.
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 06:17 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:

Well I've only seen (rewatched) a few episodes thus far, but they've fought 3 times already. And from what I remember they fought a whole lot. To me, that is not a great relationship. That's not something I want to see for one of my ships...

I loved how Joey handled the situation. In most other cases, if your friend gets pissed, the other friend will often say "screw it" at that point and just do what they want to do anyways. At least Joey made and effort to fix things with Dawson and make sure he was doing okay. That's a good friend.
I agree, Dawson and Joey did fight a lot, but that's what you do when you are really close to someone. It's just a natural thing. Usually when Pacey and Joey fought, it wasn't as mean spirited as when Dawson and Joey fought which I think says a lot about them. Dawson and Joey always seemed to want to hurt each other when they fought, I'm not sure why that is, but I like that they were always able to find their way back to being friends.

I felt bad for both Dawson and Pacey in this episode. I felt bad for Dawson when they were talking about what they would do this summer and Joey had that pained look on her face like it was being forced on her and like Dawson said, he didn't deserve that.

And I felt bad for Pacey because he lost both Joey and Dawson. As much as people might think PJo fans were all about them, I really missed the Pacey/Dawson friendship when they weren't on good terms.
Old 05-19-2017, 12:13 PM
Passionate Fan

That's my point, D/J actually had way more VICIOUS fights left unresolved, but some love to overdramatize by saying P/J fought all the time and never resolved their fights when that is just not true *shrugs*
Old 05-19-2017, 01:45 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)

I felt bad for both Dawson and Pacey in this episode. I felt bad for Dawson when they were talking about what they would do this summer and Joey had that pained look on her face like it was being forced on her and like Dawson said, he didn't deserve that.

And I felt bad for Pacey because he lost both Joey and Dawson. As much as people might think PJo fans were all about them, I really missed the Pacey/Dawson friendship when they weren't on good terms.
I don't like how they left the Dawson/Pacey friendship, but it is realistic.

Joey's face while dancing with Dawson was pained and I don't think it was all about missing Pacey. She also knew her friendship was changing.
Old 05-20-2017, 08:57 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
That's my point, D/J actually had way more VICIOUS fights left unresolved, but some love to overdramatize by saying P/J fought all the time and never resolved their fights when that is just not true *shrugs*
I think some people feel that PJo never resolved anything because Dawson continued to be an issue between them again and again.

It was watching Joey dancing with Dawson that set Pacey off in Promicide. Some people feel that the entire season was leading up to that moment in Promicide.

Even in 6x15, Pacey brought up Dawson.
dcfriends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 09:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly85 (View Post)
I agree, P/Jo and D/Jo had just the same amount of fights, and as a person that has been married for awhile I can tell you that fighting is normal. You fight, you resolve that's life. In my personal opinion P/Jo always resolved their fights and weren't always fighting.

That being said, this episode is one of my favorite of the series. I can re watch it anytime.
msstock87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 09:50 PM
Passionate Fan

^^^Those are the facts but some have to keep telling themselves they fought about Dawson all the time and never resolved their fights to make themselves feel better even when in the episodes that's not even true lol. Just like some of the other DC threads on here that are not on this board are basically passive aggressive threads to bash P/J cause they ended up together 14 years ago.

Also, Dawson has brought up Pacey too. Like when he brought up Pacey and Joey being a couple turning his world upside down when Pacey lost his money even though it had nothing to do with the situation So he still had his butthurt moments too.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top