Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2017, 12:49 AM
Fan Forum Star

From what I remember season 3 was much better for PJo.

I enjoyed this episode though. For the most part it felt pretty light and happy.

How cute was Gram's taking Jen to see Henry! I LOVE HER. And while I don't really want to see J/H back together, it was a cute scene.

Joey's wishy/washy ness this episode was really annoying. She kept saying she didn't want to choose, but clearly, she did. She chose her friendship with Dawson over Pacey a few times now. And he wrote the "ask me to stay" and she still said goodbye...

The Pacey/Dawson "things are never gonna be the same" was so sad.

I felt bad for Jack but I was kind of happy that Ethan was with his ex because I didnt really like them together.

I thought it was really sweet of Dawson to tell Joey to go with Pacey. Its just unfortunately that Joey couldn't come to that conclusion herself. I felt so bad for Dawson but he truly did the right thing.

The jack/father scene was sweet. It's about time. Too bad we didnt get that sort of SL for pacey and his dad.

Jen/Jack/Andie surprising Dawson to cheer him up was such a great scene! Seriously, that was so sweet.

I'm sorry but PJo claiming to be in love is just too much for me. I think that was way too fast. And really? Sailing all summer? So not realistic. LOL. But alas, that ending scene was cute I guess. It was nice to see Pacey happy.
Alexa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 01:07 AM
Passionate Fan

Pacey and Joey sailing away on TL was the perfect cherry on top for this season. I also lmao that Dawson's cry face is still made fun of to this day.
Butterfly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 06:53 PM
Loyal Fan

I love the final scene SO much, but it always kind of bothered me that she needed Dawson's permission. I get how hard it must have been for him, seeing his two best friends fall in love, but at the same time, you can't help who you fall in love with. Pacey apologized to him with the such sincerity in 4×03 but Dawson didn't even care. I just don't like how he acted regarding the whole thing. I'm glad he let her go when they were on the dock (which led to the most hysterical GIF of all time) but it shouldn't have gone down that way. I guess all the more dramatic for the viewers....
flaminga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 08:17 PM
Elite Fan

I don't think it was sweet of Dawson to let Joey go because Dawson was the one who gave Joey the ultimatum in the first place. I feel it was only right that he release her of the hold he held on her and he only did it when he realized how miserable she was talking about their summer together. Don't get me wrong, I understand that Dawson was upset that his two best friends fell in love, but he should have been happy for them like back in S1 when Pacey asked Dawson if it was okay for him to pursue Joey and Dawson said (after some hesitation) "what could be better than my two best friends being together"

I loved that Grams took them on the road trip to give closure to their unfinished business, that was fun.

I really liked the support Jen, Jack and Andie showed toward Dawson at the end, that was sweet.

I mourned the loss of the Pacey/Dawson friendship too because they did have a great friendship, aside from the occasional hiccup here and there.

I think it's hilarious that the Dawson gif still gets used on Social Media today. I'll bet James is regretting that moment.

Last edited by JJH85; 04-11-2017 at 08:30 PM
JJH85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 08:57 PM
Loyal Fan

In S1 I think Dawson was so much more accepting of a possible PJ romance because he had never been with Joey and at that time didn't have a romantic interest in her. But even so, in S3 the way he acted was extremely selfish. I understand him being angry but he made Pacey feel like it was all his fault. If the tables were turned I just can't imagine Pacey acting the way Dawson did, and that's why I hate Dawson as much as I do.
Old 04-12-2017, 11:30 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

I wouldn't expect Dawson to be happy for Pacey and Joey, at least not right away. Yes, the circumstances were different than in S1. He still loved Joey. I get why Dawson was upset and even angered, but he took it a bit too far with the ultimatum and that is when the Dawson and Joey relationship became unhealthy, imo.
Old 04-12-2017, 08:52 PM
Elite Fan

I guess saying Dawson should have been happy for them was a bit off, I guess I should have said he shouldn't have been as surprised given that it's not the first time Pacey showed interest in Joey (reference Double Date). Even in FTT, Pacey was quite complimentary when speaking of Joey to Dawson, so there should have been some hint there.

You are right that if the tables were turned Pacey would never act that way. The perfect example is in S5 when he says to Joey and she and Dawson never really got their shot. He was kind of letting her off the hook then because really, they did get their shot, Twice. Pacey was just trying to give Joey a guilt free pass which is opposite of what Dawson would/did do.

Last edited by JJH85; 04-12-2017 at 09:00 PM
JJH85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 06:58 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
I guess saying Dawson should have been happy for them was a bit off, I guess I should have said he shouldn't have been as surprised given that it's not the first time Pacey showed interest in Joey (reference Double Date). Even in FTT, Pacey was quite complimentary when speaking of Joey to Dawson, so there should have been some hint there.

You are right that if the tables were turned Pacey would never act that way. The perfect example is in S5 when he says to Joey and she and Dawson never really got their shot. He was kind of letting her off the hook then because really, they did get their shot, Twice. Pacey was just trying to give Joey a guilt free pass which is opposite of what Dawson would/did do.
Actually, one of the things I didn't like about S5 was how Pacey could care less about Joey and Dawson and Joey could care less about Pacey and her roommate. It's like they never had a relationship to begin with. I think there should have been SOME kind of hurt feelings. But this is getting off topic now lol...
Old 04-13-2017, 11:18 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaminga (View Post)
Actually, one of the things I didn't like about S5 was how Pacey could care less about Joey and Dawson and Joey could care less about Pacey and her roommate. It's like they never had a relationship to begin with. I think there should have been SOME kind of hurt feelings. But this is getting off topic now lol...
Before we get back on-topic, I just want to say that I saw Pacey's reaction differently in S5. Despite his words, he looked bothered by a possible Dawson and Joey reunion. His smile did not seem genuine to me

The ending of True Love was just perfect.
Old 04-14-2017, 09:07 AM
Elite Fan

I actually enjoyed the moment at the wedding when Joey goes up the Pacey and tells him she's not ready to make a decision and then he says there's your choice. I think I like it because you could see the conflict in Joey's face and when Dawson shows up it's like she's scared of him which to me meant she wasn't so much wanting to please Dawson as it was not wanting his wrath. And I think she walked away because she was hurting so much and didn't want to see the hurt in Pacey's face either.

I really felt bad for Joey in that moment even though it was Pacey that got hurt.
Old 04-14-2017, 11:46 PM
Passionate Fan

i loveee this episode! I am a bit biased but oh well
Old 04-15-2017, 05:34 AM
Elite Fan

I'm a little biased too because of my adoration for Josh, so any romantic scene with him in it makes me melt
Old 04-15-2017, 09:24 AM
Passionate Fan

well i am biased not only for josh but because i felt that pacey deserved this episode. He was actually sad the entire season and this is one of the episodes that he is truly happy and i really love pacey/joey here, the ending was so sweet!
Old 04-15-2017, 12:15 PM
Passionate Fan

I agree Pacey deserved this episode, since he went through hell after The Longest Day.
Butterfly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 04:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly85 (View Post)
Pacey and Joey sailing away on TL was the perfect cherry on top for this season. I also lmao that Dawson's cry face is still made fun of to this day.

the last good moment for them IMO considering how awful season 4 was for them.

Someone cant have a "hold" on you unless you let him. Dawson may have given the ultimatum but Joey didnt have to take it, yet she chose to. Just as she chose to stay with Dawson over the summer. She still would have had Dawson not told her to go. So yes, I do think it was sweet. Because even though he could have allowed Joey to stay for selfish reasons, he knew that it was wrong. He knew the ultimatum was wrong. And he wanted her to be happy even though it killed him.

I dont agree at ALL that joey was "scared" of dawson, i think thats bs. She was scared of hurting him, ys, but thats totally different. If she didnt love and care for dawsons then she wouldnt care about losing him. She would have chosen Pacey no question had that not been the case but her history with dawson was so complex, he is her best friend and she wanted to take his feelings into consideration. And frankly, its about time, because she didnt really put his feelings into consideration when she started making on his best friend n the first place.

i dont think dawsons perfect, i dont love him all the time, he makes mistakes just like the rest of him, but this biased unfair bashing on him just annoys me.