Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2017, 11:46 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaminga (View Post)
I didn't really like Pacey asking Joey if she could ever love him like a soulmate. It seemed out of character to me.
I just got tired of the word soulmate after awhile.

I don't think this is the best episode for any character.

Dawson acts childish and almost kills Pacey.

Pacey lets Dawson get to him.

Joey goes back to "Dawson's world" playing it safe instead of doing what she really wants which is being with Pacey.

I don't really understand Andie feeling betrayed.

The only people that don't bother me are Jack and Will.
Old 04-11-2017, 05:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree about the word soulmate being overused and to be honest, I never felt there was a soulmate connection between Dawson and Joey. Sure they were life long friends, but that does not make you a soulmate. I felt the only true soulmates in this show were Jen and Jack.

Good point about Pacey showing who the better man was because he definitely did show that.

I'm not a huge fan of this episode, so I don't revisit it as much as I do other episodes.

icon credit: crash landing
JJH85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 09:27 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

I agree, I don't feel soulmates always implode days into a relationship and can never make it work, have vicious fights, lie to each other, or try to control the other by basically putting dog collars on them like Dawson and Joey do. The word soulmate was overrated to the max on this show lol.
Butterfly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 08:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Aside from the storyline of this episode, I liked the scenery and the setting of the whole regatta. There were some beautiful backdrops to it. I always notice that when watching this episode.

Old 04-15-2017, 03:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

Saying he's horrible, calling him a douchebag, saying you want to PUNCH him, calling Joey his slave?, saying he was a spoiled brat... that is bashing. You can get your point across in a more mature way.

I dont really want to post at this board if people cant be respectful.
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 08:20 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

Just a friendly reminder of the forum guidelines:

Be respectful. Not everyone is going to agree with you at all times. It’s perfectly fine to disagree with someone as long as it is done respectfully, but do not attack other posters. Please treat other members with the same respect and courtesy that you would want for yourself.

Anti thread titles should be respectful, related to the show, and only directed at the fictional characters or couples. Anything considered by management to be derogatory towards real people will be removed and may warrant an infraction.

Please let's keep the majority of character bashing like name calling to Anti-Threads, although I think it's in everyone's right to rant about characters and have disagreements in Discussion Threads.

Last edited by ChristinaL80; 04-15-2017 at 08:26 PM
ChristinaL80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 04:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thank you Christina for the reminder of the actual rules.

Our intention here is make everyone feel welcome and make them want to post on our Board. Anything else is counter productive which leads to limited discussions.

Old 08-10-2017, 06:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I didn't like how dawson acted in this episode, I'm going to have to agree.
Old 03-25-2018, 03:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I saw this on Twitter today. Looks like this person can't let it go as she posted the same thing 4 years ago as well.

πŸŒ™ cher
@cherhasthoughts
4h
Reporting live from the scene and i can confirm that 18 years later i am still angry about Dawson Leery’s behavior at the 2000 Capeside Regatta

πŸŒ™ cher πŸŒ™
@cherhasthoughts
30 Apr 2014
14 years later and I am still angry about Dawson Leerys behavior at the 2000 Capeside Regatta

Old 03-26-2018, 06:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
I saw this on Twitter today. Looks like this person can't let it go as she posted the same thing 4 years ago as well.

πŸŒ™ cher
@cherhasthoughts
4h
Reporting live from the scene and i can confirm that 18 years later i am still angry about Dawson Leery’s behavior at the 2000 Capeside Regatta

πŸŒ™ cher πŸŒ™
@cherhasthoughts
30 Apr 2014
14 years later and I am still angry about Dawson Leerys behavior at the 2000 Capeside Regatta
yes I am. he was being very possessive.
Old 03-26-2018, 11:08 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandiexjeyton (View Post)
yes I am. he was being very possessive.
I agree with you on that point.
Old 03-26-2018, 10:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I just didn't like how immature he was acting, besides his being possessive and some of the things he said about/to Pacey were just mean.

Old 03-27-2018, 05:00 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristinaL80 (View Post)
I just got tired of the word soulmate after awhile.
I agree. Dawson's Creek ruined that word for me, especially since, like some of you guys said, my definition of the word would not apply to Dawson and Joey's platonic or romantic relationship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)

πŸŒ™ cher
@cherhasthoughts
4h

πŸŒ™ cher πŸŒ™
@cherhasthoughts
30 Apr 2014
Funny how even with age and a broader perspective some things can still be infuriating! Goes to show how good Season 3 was!

I think we can all agree that Dawson behaved recklessly, spitefully, and childishly in this episode, but his reaction was totally within character. I never thought he was a good friend to Pacey in general so his behavior towards him after Pacey "betrayed" him was nothing less than I expected. The fact that he was so oblivious to Joey's needs was also typical of him. Even when Joey told him she needed a friend instead of another romantic interest, he readily agreed to be her friend even though it was obvious he was just saying anything in an attempt to win her back. I almost felt sorry for him in that scene. Even though I did not like him or their romantic relationship, Dawson did love Joey. It had to be hard for him.

Joey trying to resume her relationship with Dawson was also typical of her and frustrating to me. But when I think about the fact that they were best friends, I understand a little bit more. Choosing between your best friend and your lover is difficult, but in an ideal relationship, your best friend and your lover wouldn't make you choose. At least one of them would love you enough to not make an issue of it. I loved Pacey for that.

Personally, I did not like that it was Andie who picked the nameplate out of the water. I remember being so excited when I saw the hand picking it up, thinking it was Joey, only to be shut down! I was tired of Andie by then, and couldn't understand why she was still around. I think the only thing I liked about this entire episode was after the race, when Joey said to Pacey something like ""I hate you for kissing me and forcing me to figure out what it meant" and to Dawson something like "I hate you for ruining what I might have had with [Pacey]."
Old 03-27-2018, 05:47 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

^^^I agree with your whole post. I don't see Dawson and Joey as soulmates (especially when they couldn't keep it together romantically for longer than a few days after S2. Even then, in that season they only dated for less than a month both times) I see them as family. I think Pacey was her soulmate and the love of her life IMO. I agree and said the same, when I rewatched the episodes I didn't think Dawson was a good friend to Pacey either. He told his true feelings in his drunk birthday episode in S2 when he basically said he only keeps Pacey around cause he's a disaster that he's better than and was mad when Pacey was making himself better, so what good does that do Dawson? Along with forgetting Pacey's birthday, instantly thinking Pacey stole the SAT test (then the harsh things he said to Pacey before they came to blows) the things Dawson said to Pacey in this episode, etc. The things Dawson said to Pacey showed his TRUE feelings underneath and that crap is not what a true friend thinks of you. Dawson thought he was better than Pacey and that made him feel good, hense not real friends.

I also agree, I didn't find Dawson's actions OOC cause he has always been selfish, self centered, and self absorbed. Like I said before, some say Pacey and Joey should of told him sooner. They should have put I still bet and stand by Dawson having the same exact childish reaction no matter how soon they told him. It's in his nature. A true friend wouldn't of put Joey in that position, even seeing how much it was hurting her. On the flip side, that is one of the many reasons I loved Pacey. He was ALWAYS selfless and put Joey first, even if it hurt him. He didn't put himself before her (which Dawson did so many times over the course of the series) I thought that fact was capped off beautifully in the series finale when he gave Joey that whole speech about her being off the hook and that he doesn't care if she is with Dawson, NY guy, etc. as long as she's happy.

I hate this episode too for many reasons (Dawson being at his douchy worst Joey being his doormat, Pacey being constantly attacked and alone) but I agree, the only things I like are when Joey was mad at Dawson for ruining what she could of had with Pacey, and I also like when Pacey came at Dawson pissed (after he almost crashed into his boat since he was losing the peen measuring contest) and went in on him, even telling him that Dawson is the main reason Pacey and Joey fell in love in the first place. Best thing Dawson ever did
Butterfly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 11:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I may be going a little OT with this, but IMO the true Soulmates in DC were Jack and Jen. They fit that description perfectly. I never saw Dawson and Joey as soulmates, they were best friends and honestly didn't even really share a lot of the same interests, but they did do stuff together and that's normal for best friends.

I know the whole thing about Dawson and Pacey being best friends is put out there, but I don't know that Dawson was as committed to that friendship as much as he was committed to his friendship with Joey. And all those things that were mentioned below (in previous posts) are perfect examples of that.

I also liked how Joey got mad at Bessie for sponsoring Dawson in the Race. It showed that her heart was not with him at all. She cared more about how that would affect Pacey than anything.

Reply   Post New Thread