Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Summer TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2017, 11:46 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaminga (View Post)
I didn't really like Pacey asking Joey if she could ever love him like a soulmate. It seemed out of character to me.
I just got tired of the word soulmate after awhile.

I don't think this is the best episode for any character.

Dawson acts childish and almost kills Pacey.

Pacey lets Dawson get to him.

Joey goes back to "Dawson's world" playing it safe instead of doing what she really wants which is being with Pacey.

I don't really understand Andie feeling betrayed.

The only people that don't bother me are Jack and Will.
Old 04-11-2017, 05:12 AM
Elite Fan

I agree about the word soulmate being overused and to be honest, I never felt there was a soulmate connection between Dawson and Joey. Sure they were life long friends, but that does not make you a soulmate. I felt the only true soulmates in this show were Jen and Jack.

Good point about Pacey showing who the better man was because he definitely did show that.

I'm not a huge fan of this episode, so I don't revisit it as much as I do other episodes.
Old 04-11-2017, 09:27 PM
Extreme Fan

I agree, I don't feel soulmates always implode days into a relationship and can never make it work, have vicious fights, lie to each other, or try to control the other by basically putting dog collars on them like Dawson and Joey do. The word soulmate was overrated to the max on this show lol.
Butterfly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 08:19 AM
Elite Fan

Aside from the storyline of this episode, I liked the scenery and the setting of the whole regatta. There were some beautiful backdrops to it. I always notice that when watching this episode.
Old 04-15-2017, 03:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

Saying he's horrible, calling him a douchebag, saying you want to PUNCH him, calling Joey his slave?, saying he was a spoiled brat... that is bashing. You can get your point across in a more mature way.

I dont really want to post at this board if people cant be respectful.
Old 04-15-2017, 08:20 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

Just a friendly reminder of the forum guidelines:

Be respectful. Not everyone is going to agree with you at all times. It’s perfectly fine to disagree with someone as long as it is done respectfully, but do not attack other posters. Please treat other members with the same respect and courtesy that you would want for yourself.

Anti thread titles should be respectful, related to the show, and only directed at the fictional characters or couples. Anything considered by management to be derogatory towards real people will be removed and may warrant an infraction.

Please let's keep the majority of character bashing like name calling to Anti-Threads, although I think it's in everyone's right to rant about characters and have disagreements in Discussion Threads.

Last edited by ChristinaL80; 04-15-2017 at 08:26 PM
ChristinaL80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 04:44 AM
Elite Fan

Thank you Christina for the reminder of the actual rules.

Our intention here is make everyone feel welcome and make them want to post on our Board. Anything else is counter productive which leads to limited discussions.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top