Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2017, 07:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

At least John Witter admitted to being a bad father, we got that from him. I'm not making excuses for him, but a person's personality changes a lot when they drink and in a lot of cases their nasty side comes out which is what I think happens to Pacey's dad. I didn't like him in any of their moments, but in those brief moments where he was good to Pacey, I was happy for Pacey.

icon credit: crash landing
JJH85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 11:24 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thats why I can forgive pacey for forgiving him, because its obvious how much he just wants a relationship with his father, and because he's young, but still, it makes me angry. I just feel like if we wanted to truly forgive his father they should have taken a lot more time with that storyline.

Quote:
We learn in Season 4 how horrible Paceys family really is (apart from Gretchen und, at least on his better days, Doug).
The problem ist, the hug changed absolutely nothing about that. Pacey is still the loser for his family and we see in Season 4, that his dad doesn't care about him at all. He really suffered a lot in Season 4, but he didn't get any support at all from his parents. He got another fake-hug on his 18th birthday, after a nightmare of a "party". That's it. So I don't like this hug. It promises something that never happend.
EXACTLY. I cant stand his father and I wish something else would have happened there. Maybe he hit Pacey again and then went to jail, that would have been far more satisfying.

i agree that Jen's parents are awful too. and the grams/jen relationship is one of the best on the series, those two are magic together imo and the heart of the show (or one of the hearts )

Quote:
I noticed your Riverdale Icon. I just watched episode 4 this evening.
Loving the show!
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 05:52 PM
Elite Fan

This was a really painful episode but a good one at the same time? I talked about DJo and Pandie in their respective threads so I won't go too far into that. Just that I think that Dawson did the right thing, even though it was the hard thing. And I think he tried to be fair to Mr. Potter before he went to Joey then ultimately the police. People were going to get hurt, the people he loved, and he couldn't just ignore that so Joey could live in oblivion. I think Joey knew that deep down since she agreed to go to the police with him. She was just hurt, angry, and numb when she told him she'd never forgive him. Poor Dawson.

I'm glad Jen is moving back in with Grams even though I think Jen owed her an apology. Jen has been reckless most of this season and it would've been irresponsible for Grams to let it go on without a word. It's like the show forgot about all of that. I think it was gracious of Grams to let it go and accept Jen as well as Jack into her home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristinaL80 (View Post)
Let's not forget that Kevin Williamson was there for S2 and the hug. Who knows where Pacey and his father would be in S4 if he stayed.
Yes, exactly. I think KW would've followed up on that storyline since he cared as much about the parental influences in the kids lives as much as the teens themselves. After s2, they faded further and further into the background. Who knows what we would've seen in s3 if he had stayed. And I don't think the hug was fake either and really not the point of the scene anyway. Pacey was hurting and grieving over Andie being gone. So I saw that scene as more of him pouring out that pain than anything else. And I think Pacey appreciated that moment for what it was, not sure if he really expected it to change anything. And I'm just different in that, you should always forgive someone for what they do, whether they're sorry or not.
rossfangirl86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 09:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I always felt that Joey treated Dawson poorly in that situation. He didn't deserve that from her even though she was hurting. He really did do it to protect Joey in both a physical and emotional way and he deserved better.

icon credit: crash landing
JJH85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread