Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2013, 01:04 PM
Obsessed Fan

[2x18] "A Perfect Wedding" October 11th - October 18th

The Official Dawson's Creek Board Rewatch Thread

"A Perfect Wedding" ~ 2x18

Synopsis: With Joey's father suddenly back in town, Bessie and he decide to expand the Ice House to also cater for weddings. Needing help, they enlist Andie, who says she hates weddings, and Pacey, who loves them. Joey doesn't think her father, recently out of jail, should be seen so publicly in Capeside. Dawson feels sorry for his mother, who arrives to the wedding alone, a feeling that is exacerbated when his father shows up with Miss Kennedy. Jack and Dawson battle to help a scared bride, while Andie and Pacey scramble to fix the cake. Dawson and Joey reconnect romantically. Jen and Abby sneak into the wedding, but when Andie kicks them out, they head to the local docks, leading to tragedy.

We would like to invite everyone to participate in our re-watch, be it first-time
viewer or long-time fan. This is our opportunity to relive the Dawson's Creek days and to
discuss our favorite moments, things we would like to change or maybe totally new
things we never noticed before. We will watch one episode every two weeks. Due to our different time-zones we decided to not name an exact
time and date, so everyone can decide for themselves when they watch the episode.
We will update this thread every second Friday, when we start a new episode, so all discussion
can take place in here too. Have Fun!

Previously, 'WileyDairyGnome'
OutoftheWoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 01:52 PM
Obsessed Fan

The ending when Jen cries over Abby's dead body! Breaks my heart every time.

Old 10-16-2013, 07:14 PM
Absolute Fan

Watching the episode now.

Everyone looks so cute in their server outfits.

I'm loving Jack and Dawson's talk about soul mates. Jack doesn't say that it's a romantic love connection. He talks about how it's someone whose life is inexplicably entwined with yours. How it's someone you have a bond with that can't ever be broken. I actually think this describes Joey and Dawson really well.

Love that Pacey is the one that loves weddings and Andie is saying she hates them.

That's right, don't let her touch the cake again, Pacey!

Real nice Jen, laugh at your friend when she hurts her head.

When we get married? Don't you think you're jumping the gun there Andie?? You're 15.

Dawson dancing with Gayle and Joey dancing with her dad is sweet. I love that song too.

Oooo, Joey and Dawson. Even Jack thinks it's cute.

Poor Abby. So sad when someone so young dies. Poor Jen looks devastated.
"I'm inherently a blubbering slob, I'm like a shaved hamster. So what? I don't need to become a famous star. My work as an actor is forever and that is what inspires me. The fame that goes with it isn't important. I hate the pressure to have to look constantly good!" ~Joaquin Phoenix

Last edited by LexxiSmiles; 10-16-2013 at 07:45 PM
LexxiSmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 11:49 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexxiSmiles (View Post)
I'm loving Jack and Dawson's talk about soul mates. Jack doesn't say that it's a romantic love connection. He talks about how it's someone whose life is inexplicably entwined with yours. How it's someone you have a bond with that can't ever be broken. I actually think this describes Joey and Dawson really well.
Totally agree. I think that was well-said by Jack.

Old 10-21-2013, 12:00 AM
Master Fan

I loved this episode! The drama with Abby & Jen (god Jen changed so much! ), Pacey & Andie being absolutely adorable together and I also really liked the Dawson & Joey moments in the episode.
The whole cake issue was pretty funny too
This is one of those episodes that remind me that, although I ship Pacey & Joey, I really loved Pacey and Andie together too
Old 10-21-2013, 11:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

I love this episode too. I loved Joey dancing with her father.
I am an original”
msstock87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 12:26 PM
Master Fan

That was a cute scene I have such mixed feelings about Mike. He screws up so often, but you can see he really truly loves Joey.
Old 10-22-2013, 07:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

I feel the same way about Mike. I don't always know how to feel about him, but you can tell her really loves Joey.
I am an original”
msstock87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 08:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I loved all of season 2.
Old 06-07-2014, 02:07 PM
Passionate Fan

I think season 2 is a great season.

I love DJo's reunion kiss in this ep And their earlier scene, when Dawson comforted Joey, and they hugged.

Quote:
I love this episode too. I loved Joey dancing with her father.
Me too!
dcfriends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 05:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

aw.
Old 02-19-2017, 05:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

I remember this episode so clearly!

It sucks that Joey didn't tell Dawson about her dad being back right away and their distance is hard to watch but it was really sweet when Dawson gave her the little pep talk. She really needed it and it was cute.

I totally forgot about Abby's death, so I guess it was good that her and Jen had one last good day together. Abby never really had any friends so it was sweet that Jen said her most fun days were with Abby.

I cant say I am too upset though because Abby was a pretty annoying character and I prefer Jen without her.

Dawson dancing with his mom was so sweet! And of course that DJo kiss at the dance was one of their best moments.
Alexa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 07:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think the best parts of this episode for me was Jack talking to the bride, he was so great.

I also loved the whole Pacey/Andie moments. I loved how Pacey wouldn't let up on Andie about her not liking weddings and he was very mature and diligent. I was a little surprised that Joey entrusted him with the cake though.

Andie was so cute too.

I also loved how Joey and Dawson came together again.

icon credit: crash landing
JJH85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 04:52 PM
Elite Fan

This was seriously one of the best episodes of the season, for me, so far. It had so much touching and funny moments. We got to see some great stuff with almost all the characters, except for Jen, why is she going backwards? And it was actually sad that Abby never grew up and grew out of her fixation with being rebellious. Sad that she wasn't able to picture herself happy even in a make-believe future.

I'm surprised Joey didn't tell Dawson right away but I think she didn't want to think about it more than she had to. It was probably easier to tell Jack because he didn't know her as well but when it came down to it, it was Dawson's shoulder she cried on. And he knew exactly what to say when they did talk. It was moving to see her dancing with her father and then later Dawson. Their reunion was so wonderful and worth the wait.

I also liked how Pacey teased Andie about loving weddings and how he got her to admit she loved them. I couldn't believe she was an anti-wedding person so it made sense that she was just hiding it. I wonder how Pacey was able to fix that cake topper though because it did look awful!

It was nice to see Dawson/Jack interacting here again. Their budding friendship is unusual but I like how it's progressed so far. And I like that Dawson could admit that he saw why Joey was able to talk to him.
rossfangirl86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 08:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossfangirl86 (View Post)

I also liked how Pacey teased Andie about loving weddings and how he got her to admit she loved them. I couldn't believe she was an anti-wedding person so it made sense that she was just hiding it. I wonder how Pacey was able to fix that cake topper though because it did look awful!

A young Chef Pacey coming out I guess

icon credit: crash landing
JJH85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread