New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2013, 01:23 PM
Obsessed Fan

[2x14] "To Be or Not to Be..." September 13th - September 20th

The Official Dawson's Creek Board Rewatch Thread

"To Be or Not to Be..." ~ 2x14

Synopsis: Capeside High School gossip mill kicks into overdrive after Jack bears his soul in an English assignment and is forced to expose his innermost secrets while reading his poem aloud in class. The poem alludes to feelings that Jack may have towards another boy. Dawson, Joey, and Andie are shaken by the implications of what it all means. Meanwhile, Pacey tries to defend Jack in the face of an adversarial teacher and Jen finds her latest suitor, Tyson "Ty" Hicks, is full of surprises. Jack later tells Joey that the poem meant nothing sexual and that it may have been about his deceased brother.

We would like to invite everyone to participate in our re-watch, be it first-time
viewer or long-time fan. This is our opportunity to relive the Dawson's Creek days and to
discuss our favorite moments, things we would like to change or maybe totally new
things we never noticed before. We will watch one episode every two weeks. Due to our different time-zones we decided to not name an exact
time and date, so everyone can decide for themselves when they watch the episode.
We will update this thread every second Friday, when we start a new episode, so all discussion
can take place in here too. Have Fun!

Previously, 'WileyDairyGnome'
OutoftheWoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 01:25 PM
Obsessed Fan

Sorry it's been so long since I posted a new rewatch thread.

Old 09-13-2013, 10:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

This episode, this storyline always gets to me. When they spray paint his locker it always breaks my heart and makes me cry. I felt so bad for Jack in this episode. People can be so mean.
msstock87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 03:41 PM
Obsessed Fan

Ugh, I know. I feel so bad for Jack. No one should have to go through that kind of humiliation.

I'm really glad this episode was made though. It's crazy to think that this kind of bullying, and even worse, still happens to this day.

Old 09-14-2013, 10:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

I am glad this episode was made too, it shows everyone that this type of bullying still happens. When the locker scene happens, I always cry, doesn't matter how many times I have seen it.
Old 09-15-2013, 12:39 AM
Obsessed Fan

Ugh, the locker scene. That look on his face. The fact that none of the characters knew what to say or do. Heartbreaking.

I really love what Pacey did for Jack. That was really heroic and inspiring.

Old 09-15-2013, 01:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

That was one of Pacey's character traits that I love so much, how much he wanted to help people.
Old 09-20-2013, 01:33 AM
Obsessed Fan

Pacey had a lot of great heroic moments this season, and he was great in this episode, as well as the next.

Old 05-18-2014, 10:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

good jack episode.
That’s a breakdown of the Brooke Davis I’m looking for. ‘Gorgeous brunette with an amazing energy and smile. Funny. Intelligent. Kind-hearted. Strong-headed. Simple. Complicated. Motherly. Childish. Tough. Sensitive. Beautiful. Way cooler than she was in high school.’ That girl has been nearly impossible to find but worth every second of the wait.” Julian Baker SeanღEmma CraigღManny DuncanღVeronica NathanღHaley ClayღSara
pandiexjeyton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 03:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

Great episode for Jack, and strong message. But I cant help but thing these feelings sort of came out of nowhere? And the end when he lied to Joey, that was harsh. She shouldn't be led on. I want them to break up anyways.

The teacher is such an ass to Pacey! UGH I wanted to punch him. He didn't even care that Jack was hurt. I don't blame Pacey 1 bit for spitting in his face. That guy needed to be fired! What a horrible teacher.
Alexa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 10:38 PM
Elite Fan

I remember watching this with my daughter and trying to be a parent by saying that it was wrong to spit in the teachers face, but I was secretly cheering about it. I admit I waffled a bit when discussing it with her, so I think she knew I was rooting for \Pacey.
Old 02-16-2017, 08:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

yeah i mean, its not right to do that to a teacher or authority figure, or anyone really, but that guy was just SO mean and HE was crossing the line with the things he was making the students do and the things that he was saying to pacey. He deserved a punch imo.
Old 02-16-2017, 08:57 PM
Elite Fan

He certainly deserved something, so it was great when he left. I did like how Pacey wasn't afraid to face him afterward when he saw him packing up his desk. Pacey always was a pretty good guy.
Old 07-19-2017, 05:17 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Hilarie Burton

Dawson/Jack talking at the beginning was actually kind of great. And their budding friendship proves to me how OOC Dawson was written in s3 but I digress. It's nice to see them both making an effort to get along and seeing that they have more in common than they ever thought.

Dawson/Joey were pretty great in this episode as well. It's nice to see them getting along as friends again. Some of their scenes were playful but I liked how they had a serious talk toward the end. Dawson knew what Joey needed to hear even when she didn't want to hear it. They really played off each other well in this episode and I missed that so much.

Pacey/Andie are always great and I could see both sides of their disagreement here. Pacey shouldn't have spit in the teacher's face, no matter what he was saying, but I can understand why he felt responsible for the whole situation. It was sad to see him so disappointed in Andie when they've been such a rock for each other the last few episodes. But that happens in every relationship so it was realistic.

That Pacey/Dawson scene outside the principle's office made me well up a bit inside. "I could never be ashamed of you." Oh DP, how great you were in s2.
Old 08-02-2017, 09:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

i agree that Dawson was being written OOC.

It makes me sad to think back on the great PD friend scenes and how we lost that.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top