Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2013, 01:39 PM
Obsessed Fan

[2x08] "The Reluctant Hero" January 19th - February 1st

The Official Dawson's Creek Board Rewatch Thread

"The Reluctant Hero" ~ 2x08

Synopsis: Joey's "semi-date" with Jack prompts a resentful Dawson to join Jen at a party where he saves her from doing some things she'll regret. Pacey proves his worth when Andie's mother has a psychotic episode during their study session. Mitch fails to understand Dawson's views on their divorce.

We would like to invite everyone to participate in our re-watch, be it first-time
viewer or long-time fan. This is our opportunity to relive the Dawson's Creek days and to
discuss our favorite moments, things we would like to change or maybe totally new
things we never noticed before. We will watch one episodes every two week. Due to our different time-zones we decided to not name an exact
time and date, so everyone can decide for themselves when they watch the episode.
We will update this thread every second Friday, when we start a new episode, so all discussion
can take place in here too. Have Fun!

Previously, 'WileyDairyGnome'
OutoftheWoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:07 PM
Master Fan

Just another reason to love Pacey Witter...
Icon by Christina
Freshgirlly908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 09:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

Pacey was so sweet in this episode, it makes me emotional every time I see it.
I am an original”
msstock87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:25 PM
Master Fan

I know...
Icon by Christina
Freshgirlly908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 11:58 AM
Obsessed Fan

Pacey was definitely really great in this episode.

I also give props to Dawson for saving Jen. I love how he ended up going to his Dad about it, even after he had an argument with him earlier about his Dad getting his own place and stuff. It definitely reminds me of when my parents were going through a divorce.

Last edited by OutoftheWoods; 02-01-2013 at 02:32 PM
Old 02-01-2013, 02:40 PM
Obsessed Fan

Just a reminder that I will wait to sticky a new rewatch thread for about a week so we can have Anka's welcome back thread stickied for a while.

Old 05-19-2014, 04:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I loved pacey in this episode.
Old 07-18-2015, 05:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

It was so sad to see Jens downward spiral in this episode .

I hate how she was trying so hard to be good in season 1 and then she's struggling so much at this point

Dawson was really there for her though

'People that are meant to be together always find their way in the end'
BrookeღLucas l EdwardღBella l RonღHermione l RyanღTaylor
avi: NOLA504
falling slowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 01:32 AM
Fan Forum Star

Kind of a boring episode to me.

Dont like Joey/Jack at all.

Pacey's self hate is really annoying at this point but I like that Andie is so encouraging. Seeing her deal with her mother is tough and its cute that Pacey is there for her.

Jen was so annoying this episode but it was cute of Dawson to help her the way he did.
Alexa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 04:29 PM
Elite Fan

I actually liked this episode, it was a good character episode without a lot of over the top drama. We learned a bit about everyone here which was nice.

Jack/Joey are really good as friends and their "dat" was cute. I enjoyed most of their interaction in this one, up until the kiss that is. Still not feeling that, but they had a nice friendship type of chemistry here. And I just like seeing Joey interact with people when she isn't defensive/angry. I think it was pretty obvious she only went out with him because she's still confused about herself and Dawson. She couldn't help but mention him during their date and went to see him afterward. I think that says a lot about where her head/heart are at, no matter what she's doing. But she admitted as much in the last two episodes so that's really nothing new. She was just exploring another relationship at this point.

Dawson/Joey had so much tension in their scenes, it was great for me as a shipper. And I really liked that Dawson gave her half the money without expecting anything back. "I believe in you, I always have." She clearly didn't want Dawson to leave even though she knew Jack would be there any minute. I think it was really hard for her not to have him around even though she said she wanted space.

Dawson/Jen were actually great in this episode as well. I like them as friends and it was nice to see someone try to pull Jen back from the spiral she was in. For someone who is accused of having his head in the clouds, Dawson could see what was going on with Jen pretty clearly.

Pacey/Andie. Pacey was so sweet to her mother in this episode. He handled that situation at the store with such gentleness and grace. I like that Andie can see beyond his loser complex and encourages him to be the person she knows he is. I like that she told him she wasn't going to his pity party, he really needed to hear that.

Dawson/Mitch also had some great scenes here. I like that they reconciled at the end and Dawson admitted he was being hard on him. I thought this was a good episode for Dawson as a character and I enjoyed all his scenes, per usual.
rossfangirl86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 09:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I always liked that Andie line about not going to Pacey's pity party. That was good writing. I also loved how Pacey handled everything with Andie's mother, he took right over and didn't care about anyone around him, that was just so sweet and so Pacey like.

Dawson looking after Jen was also very sweet. Dawson gets a bad wrap sometimes, but his heart was always in the right place.

icon credit: crash landing
JJH85 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 08:13 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

I loved Dawson taking care of Jen.

Both Dawson and Pacey were great in this episode.
Old 06-05-2017, 03:53 PM
Elite Fan

Agreed, I like that we got to see the more sensitive side of both men in this one.
rossfangirl86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread