Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2015, 06:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

This is one of my favorite DJ eps of the entire series.
Old 05-04-2017, 04:28 PM
Elite Fan

Agreed about it being awkward that Mitch/Gail were arguing in front of Dawson/Joey toward the beginning of this episode. There's so much bitterness on each side and they aren't making any progress. I think they needed Dawson to find out/intervene so it could end one way or another. The scene where Mitch broke down made me cry. John's acting in that scene was great and I liked that Dawson just simply grabbed his shoulder while Mitch clung to it. It was sad to see Mitch leave but probably for the best given the cycle he's gotten into with Gail.

Abby hiding out in Dawson's bedroom to spy on Jen was weird. And clearly Dawson felt the same way. And the Abby/Jen thing is hard to watch in general. Jen was so wreckless in this episode and I think she needed Grams to pull her back.

I can understand why Andie didn't want to tell Pacey about her mom. It's clearly very painful for the whole family and she's been shouldering that burden alone for a long time. I'm glad she ended up telling him and that he consoled her, that was a very sweet scene.

Agreed about the Jack/Joey kiss being random. And it was almost if they were implying they were in love with that poem. I really didn't get that vibe, at all. I'm glad Joey did try to tell Dawson at least. I get why she didn't, he was in pain and needed her. Her holding him while he broke down was just so sad.
rossfangirl86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 05:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That Mitch scene was very heartbreaking and the only time we really saw raw emotion from him.

I too liked how Joey comforted Dawson on the roof.

Although Jack kissing Joey seemed random, the episode was all about the whacky way a full moon affects people, so it did fit within the story. Not to mention that the writers were looking for a rival to Dawson and Jack was brought in just for that purpose.

I loved Pacey in this episode, but then there aren't too many Pacey moments that I don't love. He was so sweet to Andie and so understanding, I loved that moment.

icon credit: crash landing
JJH85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 01:53 AM
Fan Forum Star

the mitch/gail thing dragged SO LONG.

Jen was really going off the deep end this season.

I'm so glad the jack/joey thing didnt last long, they just had ZERO chemistry to me.
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 04:05 PM
Elite Fan

^ The writing for Jen wasn't the best in s1 and s2. She just kind of bounced all over the place from one episode to the next. I think they were trying to figure out what her role was now that the s1 triangle was over with.

I think Joey gravitated toward Jack because he was a safe choice for her. She knew her heart wasn't in any danger with him and it gave her the chance to see what another relationship would be like. Of course that didn't come until later so I'll leave further comments about it later. But their kiss in this episode was random but I guess that was the point.
rossfangirl86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread