Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2017, 04:59 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Hilarie Burton

Agreed, Joey was hard on Dawson throughout the episode and she realized that as well. He was trying really hard to be supportive of her newfound interest for art and I didn't feel like he said/did anything wrong in this episode. I personally don't like abstract art either so I agreed with his analysis of it. I get the metaphor behind it though so I did appreciate how it was incorporated into the episode. It was nice to hear more about Joey and her mother though. And that she drew a picture of Dawson when Jack encouraged her to drew what mattered to her the most. And that's exactly why she pushed Dawson away two episodes later, she was scared of how powerfully she felt about Dawson. I think it was easier for her when she just had a crush on him but it turned int something new/deeper when they got together.

Jack/Joey really had no romantic chemistry. I only felt friendship and common interest in their scenes together. It was nice to learn a bit more about Jack though.

The Dawson/Andie scene was really cute. It was funny how she kept wringing Dawson's boxers and he didn't mention it. He probably didn't want to embarrass her further.

Again, the Mitch/Dawson scene in this episode was nice. I really enjoy seeing them in scenes together. And he helped Dawson understand that Joey wasn't upset about the art thing.

The Abby/Jen scenes in this episode were okay but I didn't like the sub-plot with the fisherman.

I think the purpose in bringing Tamara back was to help Pacey get closure on that relationship and to realize that he could have something special with Andie. All the Pacey/Andie scenes in this episode were great, from the Dumbo scene to the end scene where he tells her she likes him. I like that the episode ended with them.
rossfangirl86 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 01:49 AM
Fan Forum Star

the running theme this season is that pacey/andie are the best part of it.
Alexa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 06:03 AM
Elite Fan

I liked the raw beginnings of the Pacey/Andie storyline.

As much as the Tamara/Pacey storyline had to go away, I enjoyed their scenes together in this episode and Pacey was HOT when they were making out.

I agree with the comment about Jack and Joey not really having romantic chemistry, they fit far better as friends. I never felt their relationship when they were together, but I get why Joey needed to see who she was when she wasn't with Dawson.

Dawson may have tried to be interested in Joey's interests, but I didn't like that he made fun of it or made light of how she felt about it. It was one of those moments that doesn't show Dawson in a very good light.

TBH, I didn't like any of the Jen/Abby scenes, but I did think the guy was hot.
Old 05-24-2017, 03:57 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Hilarie Burton

^ In Dawson's defense, Joey never showed any interest in art before this episode. So I don't think he was making light of something she was passionate about since it was so new. And like he said, he was used to them analyzing/debating things, like they had when they were friends. I didn't think he was treating it lightly, he was just sharing his opinion much as she shared hers with him in the past. I think he was pretty supportive once he realized it was becoming a new passion for her, not just a passing interest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
the running theme this season is that pacey/andie are the best part of it.
There's truth in that statement.
rossfangirl86 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 08:03 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossfangirl86 (View Post)
^ In Dawson's defense, Joey never showed any interest in art before this episode. So I don't think he was making light of something she was passionate about since it was so new. And like he said, he was used to them analyzing/debating things, like they had when they were friends. I didn't think he was treating it lightly, he was just sharing his opinion much as she shared hers with him in the past.
That's a very good point.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top