Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2012, 06:33 AM
Extreme Fan

[1x10] "Double Date" Aug 8th - Aug 13th

The Official Dawson's Creek Board Rewatch Thread

"Double Date" ~ 1x10

Synopsis: A double date finds Jen and Cliff joined by Dawson and Mary-Beth, whom Dawson asks out solely as part of a plot to make Jen jealous. Pacey and Joey work together on a school project, with a strange turn of events leading Pacey to admit possible feelings he may have for Joey. He later discusses this with Dawson, who is passionately against Pacey pursuing his emotions.

I would like to invite everyone to participate in our re-watch, be it first-time
viewer or long-time fan. This is our opportunity to relive the Dawson's Creek days and to
discuss our favorite moments, things we would like to change or maybe totally new
things we never noticed before. We will watch two episodes every week, one Monday-Thursday and the other Friday-Sunday. Due to our different time-zones we decided to not name an exact
time and date, so everyone can decide for themselves when they watch the episode.
I will update this thread every Thursday and then again on Sunday, when we start a new episode, so all discussion
can take place in here too. Have Fun!
Old 08-10-2012, 01:33 AM
Master Fan

I obviously loved the Pacey Joey interaction - some classic scenes here I loved the boat drifiting away, the car scene, Pacey asking Dawson permission and the kiss

I didn't like Dawson at all in this episode. It was a low thing to do. I understand he's young and maybe doesn't know better, but his behaviour in this episode wasn't exactly the reason to like Dawson.
Old 08-10-2012, 04:56 AM
Extreme Fan

I have to agree, I was a little embarrassed for Dawson in this episode! But I love love love Scott Foley and so I love the Cliff scenes, even though I don't care for the Cliff character.

I too love all the P/Jo scenes!! Whats so funny is I can remember when I first watched this as a teenager, I remember being all mad that Pacey was butting in. Back then, during S1 at least, I was a BIG D/Joer and I was so mad at Pacey.

Now I watch those scenes and swoon!
Old 08-10-2012, 12:53 PM
Master Fan

That's the cool side of rewatching - you might have changed your mind about friendships or relationship during the course of the show and when you rewatch you see the same scenes in a new light

I love Scott Foley too! Loved him on Grey's Anatomy
Old 08-13-2012, 09:30 AM
Extreme Fan

I've loved him in almost everything he has done! I fell in love with him in Felicity though!! *swoon* I <3 Noel!
Old 08-14-2012, 05:29 AM
Master Fan

I've never seen that show

I did really like him in Dawson's Creek too, although I wasn't fond of his character
Old 05-18-2014, 09:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

PJo season 1 banter.
Old 08-25-2015, 10:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

It’s so irritating listening to Dawson go on and on about Jen all the time and how she doesn’t live up to his standard. Like, get over it buddy.

on the other side of things i think that jen is a bit rude to start dating someone else right after her and dawson broke up. dawson was completely valid in getting upset about that.

pacey and joey were fun this episode and i like that they are interacting, but i think this was the episode that i realized i didnt feel a romantic vibe between them. i know i am totally in the minority but i just feel like they are almost too different and id rather see them with other people. they just come off like an early dan/blair to me where they are super fun together but its not romantic between them. thats kinda how i see it.

and pacey checking her out in the mirror was creepy as hell to me, and it was stupid that he developed feelings after one glance.

and it was obvious it was all a plot anyway to push damson and joey further along. but i am glad they are finally acknowledging that relationship.
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 02:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by tell me a lie (View Post)
It’s so irritating listening to Dawson go on and on about Jen all the time and how she doesn’t live up to his standard. Like, get over it buddy.

on the other side of things i think that jen is a bit rude to start dating someone else right after her and dawson broke up. dawson was completely valid in getting upset about that.

pacey and joey were fun this episode and i like that they are interacting, but i think this was the episode that i realized i didnt feel a romantic vibe between them. i know i am totally in the minority but i just feel like they are almost too different and id rather see them with other people. they just come off like an early dan/blair to me where they are super fun together but its not romantic between them. thats kinda how i see it.

and pacey checking her out in the mirror was creepy as hell to me, and it was stupid that he developed feelings after one glance.

and it was obvious it was all a plot anyway to push damson and joey further along. but i am glad they are finally acknowledging that relationship.
Dawson did act all high and mighty by times and I'm not sure where that comes from.

I never found that it was rude for Jen to date someone right away given that they are teenagers, that's how it's done when you are young.

Speaking of them being teenagers, that would be why Pacey would be checking Joey out and I don't think it's creepy, it's simply the hormones kicking in which is probably the same reason why Pacey went for it. He didn't totally hate hanging out with Joey during their time on the project and to quote Josh himself "why not go in for the kiss".

I liked your comment about being in the minority as far as PJo goes because I think that is true as far as the PJo vs. DJo fans go.

icon credit: crash landing
JJH85 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 03:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

well its not news that there are more pjo fans that djo but i happen to be a djo-er
Old 03-15-2017, 04:39 PM
Elite Fan

I see why this episode is supposed to be 1x10 since it makes sense after what we saw in The Scare. Everything felt delayed with the DJen stuff. I wonder how it got out of sequence on the DVD set? Maybe they changed it so we'd see Dawson get closer and closer to seeing him figure out his feelings for Joey?

This was a pretty so so episode all around, for me at least. The only PJo scenes I enjoyed were the bickering ones, once they went the "now Pacey kind of likes Joey" route, I didn't really like their scenes as much. Him staring at her as she changed he clothes kind of bothered me since she just asked him not to look and he did anyway. A lot. I know it was to push Dawson closer to realizing his feelings for Joey but that scene just didn't set well with me.

The Mitch stuff was kind of small and to the side but still well done. I really liked seeing him grapple with the phone-call stuff. It's hard to regain trust after an affair and I'm glad the writers were honest about that. Seeing Gail/Mitch cling together as the phone rang toward the end was really great. That was a touching scene. I really missed the Leery dynamic in the last few episodes.

Dawson was a bit of a heel in this one. He shouldn't have lied about why he wanted to go with with Bethany (?) but I'm glad she wasn't seriously into him. Glad he admitted the truth at the end and had that confrontation with Jen. She did tell Dawson she didn't want to be with anyone so her going out with Cliff so quickly deserved an explanation. I asked myself the same question as a viewer. I think Dawson needed some closer on the Jen situation and I think he got that here. It explains the easy relationship DJen had in the next episode and his distance from her. If you consider The Scare as 1x11 instead of 1x10.

It was nice to see Pacey go to Dawson about Joey. I'll try not to think about what happens later on since we're still talking about s1 here. You could really see how Dawson struggled to be okay with it. He's trying to keep Joey in the friend zone when it's clear to everyone but him that he loves her. Glad Pacey called him on that as well. Can't wait to get to the next two episodes and see the saga continue.
rossfangirl86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 09:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I never really paid much attention to the differences with the episodes being out of sequence even though I had seen some chatter about it somewhere. I'm going to have to pay closer attention to that the next time I do a rewatch.

Some people were bothered by Pacey sneaking a peek at Joey, but I guess it didn't really bother me because she was back to, so the only thing he could see was her back anyway. I guess that made it okay for me and it's not like she didn't know he was there like a peeping Tom. I know if Joey had been in the truck, you know darn well she would have looked too if Pacey were out there changing.

I found the whole Dawson date scene to be awkward and weird and the way he hijacked the ride with Jen was just kind of creepy. I think that could have been done better IMO.

Old 03-22-2017, 04:11 PM
Elite Fan

^ Maybe you could try to watch 1x11 before 1x10 and let us know how it is? I did find it a bit confusing this time but not so much that it took me out of the storyline. The episodes are pretty interchangeable overall but there are minor things that feel weird as you watch.

We'll just have to disagree on that. I wouldn't have been okay with it either way especially the way it was presented. He didn't take a peek, he was ogling her. That's a lot different imo.

Yeah that was definitely not one of Dawson's shining moments for sure.
rossfangirl86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 01:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Him staring at her as she changed he clothes kind of bothered me since she just asked him not to look and he did anyway. A lot.
aka. creepy.

the excuse that hes a teenage boy means nothing to me.

Quote:
She did tell Dawson she didn't want to be with anyone so her going out with Cliff so quickly deserved an explanation.
exactly my point! THIS is why it annoyed me. Dating someone else, fine, she was single at that point, but her saying she didnt want to be with anyone was just annoying. Like, just be honest.
Old 03-27-2017, 07:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Jen was probably just trying not to hurt Dawson's feelings by saying that.

Reply   Post New Thread