Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-26-2012, 05:17 PM
Extreme Fan

[1x05] "Hurricane" ~ May 26th - May 29th

The Official Dawson's Creek Board Rewatch Thread

"Hurricane" ~ 1x05

Synopsis: When a major hurricane moves inland, several characters take refuge in the Leery home, where Dawson rages at Jen about her past, and Mitch storms out after Gale confesses to her affair. A tormented Dawson is left to deal with the fallout. Elsewhere, Pacey ruins his brother's chances of a date with Tamara when they are all trapped at her beach house during the hurricane.

I would like to invite everyone to participate in our re-watch, be it first-time
viewer or long-time fan. This is our opportunity to relive the Dawson's Creek days and to
discuss our favorite moments, things we would like to change or maybe totally new
things we never noticed before. We will watch two episodes every week, one Monday-Thursday and the other Friday-Sunday. Due to our different time-zones we decided to not name an exact
time and date, so everyone can decide for themselves when they watch the episode.
I will update this thread every Thursday and then again on Sunday, when we start a new episode, so all discussion
can take place in here too. Have Fun!
Old 05-28-2012, 03:33 PM
Dedicated Fan

I remember this episode! Tamara and Pacey I remember being sooo outraged by these two. Such an amazing way to start the series.

IconCredit: KATIEBECKETT
jtenen1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 05:04 AM
Extreme Fan

I thought this was a great episode. I liked that Joey/Jen finally had a real conversation and Joey stopped being so dang mean to Jen.

I also love the Mitch/Gail dynamic. I thought both of these actors did a gar eat job in their scenes and I really believed their pain.

Tamara and Pacey were kinda cute in this episode but I hate Doug's character. I generally really like Doug but the whole gun thing... I dunno... I thought it was ridiculous.
Old 05-29-2012, 06:26 AM
Addicted Fan

I love a good weather episode! Pacey and Tamera, they were cute in this episode but Doug's attitude of Pacey, well I never appreciated it. I give Gail props for telling Mitch about her affair, it's not an easy thing to do but at least she heard it from him instead of someone else. It was nice to see Jen/Joey be able to talk without claws coming out.
americanamuchacha020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 04:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

I loved that Jen and Joey actually sat down and had a real conversation in this episode and were able to share a laugh.

I really felt Gail and Mitch's pain in this episode, to the point where they almost had me crying along with them.

One of my favorite parts of this episode is where Joey is hiding in the closet and sneezes and Dawson says " Oh don't even tell me".
I am an original”
msstock87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 06:48 PM
New Fan

I loved this episode! I love the interaction between Dawson and Grams, it definitely shows a softer side of her. How sad that Gail is left standing in the rain Also, can't forget Tamara and Pacey! SO sweet and I love it when she kisses him after saying "quick reminder, this is a felony." And the end when she gives him that sly smile before pulling him inside, ugh! It kind of melts my heart...okay enough rambling
tiffanyrae09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 03:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

I remember this episode clearly, i remember watching it and loving the pacey/tamara stuff. they are interesting to watch but i think i only like them so much because josh is such a cutie.

i just cant feel sympathy for gail. who does she think she is talking to her lover on the phone and making kiss noises with her family around? ugh, it makes me sick. then she was like forced to come forward and was crying to mitch... i just couldnt.

doug said some mean things about pacey but pacey says sarcastic mean things about him too, so its kind of a two way street. but the gun was like whoa, wtf was that.

i do like jen's grandma but man, she had a lot of growing to do in this first season.

i like the jen/joey friendship a lot too.
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread