Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2007, 12:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

great captions, I also dont hate P/A I actually liked them when they were together, it was more fun to watch than Joey/Dawson at that time anyway, and I agree it did make him more the man he was, these two are definately in my favourite couples list!

[TWENTY YEARS OF YOUNG AMERICANS!]
Join us for one l a s t celebration!♡
♪_where would we be without a little l o v e?
[ Sheida : Tumblr | Twitter | Instagram ]
Old 01-02-2007, 12:51 AM
Elite Fan

I liked PA too. I think Andie might of encouraged him, but he did it for himself. Dawson even says at the end of season 2 that it was him and not Andie who made him what he was. JMO

KH asked about kissing her ex (JJ) in front of the cameras all day:

"Maybe there's a hint of realism?"
Old 01-02-2007, 02:53 AM
Master Fan

I agree you guys

Nice pics Katie

Old 01-02-2007, 06:27 AM
Addicted Fan

I also agree that Andie was a very important part of Pacey's life, as was Dawson in Joey's, even more so, as she never could seem to shake what she felt for him the entire run of the series....so much so that she almost lost Pacey over her inability to understand her feelings for Dawson...They were teenagers and they were growing and changing, what started to develope between Pacey and Joey in season 1 by no means takes away from how much they cared for other people..it was just an added element to the canvas of the show... I felt the writers had Pacey say it the best in season three when Andie wanted to get back together

Pacey: I made a mistake last night, Andie. We both made a mistake.

Andie: What did we do? Nothing.

Pacey: All I can tell you is how it made me feel.

Andie: How?

Pacey: Like I went against what I know is right.

Andie: That's funny because… today is actually the first day that I've felt really happy since I left the hospital.

Pacey: That is funny. You know, there used to be a time when you and I were so in sync in everything that we did, just connected. And look at us now ! We have the opposite reaction to the exact same event.

Andie: Pacey, please don't do this. Not now. Don't break up with me.

Pacey: I never wanted to break up with you, Andie. Never. I mean, all those months just waiting, secretly hoping...

Andie: You're just… you're just punishing me, that's what this is about and you just need to stop being angry with me.

Pacey: I'm not punishing you, Andie. Punishment implies that you did something wrong.

Andie: I slept with another guy six months ago. I knew it was wrong when I did it. I keep trying to tell you this and make you understand it. How many times do I have to say it?

Pacey: Andie, if you wanted to sleep with him, if even just for a second, then maybe it wasn't wrong.

Andie: It was…

Pacey: Maybe... maybe that was just your heart's way of telling you that I'm not the one. Cause that's what my heart's telling me right now. It's telling me that you're not the one.

I'm glad you liked the pics...I just wanted to show that season 1 was the beginning of their..."Love Story"...and I do agree that they were not..."In Love"
but they had a developing relationship that the writers created...a forbidden fruit story that evolved over the course of season 1...Their friendship began to change they began to support one another and grew to understand that they had a lot in common and were beginning to depend on each other...and through all of this you could feel an undelying current of something that needed to be explored...so much so that the fans were beginning to root for them...and it was the season 1 chemistry that made season 3 build-up so strong...To deny that their..."love story began in season 1 is rewriting history...and this doesn't take away the fact that they each went on to explore and love other people throughout the run of the series. Joey Potter's statement in the finale is what brings it full circle..it gives all of their loves meaning and purpose...

Joey: You know, for the record, I-- [Sniffles] I don't want to be let off the hook. Because everything in my life that I've done has led me here... right now, the last thing I want, need, or deserve is to be let off somebody's hook.

I actually feel that the tri-angle began in season 1...it's development was between the two best friends...Dawson and Pacey...each beginning to realize that they had feelings for Joey Potter...

It was in this scene that the tri-angle began...When Pacey first brings it to Dawson's attention about his developing feelings for Joey...

Pacey: How's tonight going for you?

Dawson: Put it this way... terribly. You?

Pacey: Not so bad actually. Um and that's what I'm here to ask you about. I gotta ask your permission for something.

Dawson: Permission?

Pacey: Yeah. You know that Joey and I have never particularly liked each other. Right? That's why it seemed like such a bad idea when we got stuck together on that marine biology thing. Funny thing is... it wasn't. And somehow... somewhere not only did I stop disliking her... but I started liking her.

Dawson: As a friend.

Pacey: At first.

Dawson: Okay at first implies that your feelings for Joey are somewhat beyond the friendship stage.

Pacey: Thats good because thats exactly what I meant to imply.

Dawson: You have the hots for Joey? Pacey what have you been inhaling too many lab chemicals? You and Joey are mortal enemies.

Pacey: Hey would you mind keeping your voice down? This isn't exactly public knowledge at this point.

Dawson: You're serious?

Pacey: Yeah!

Dawson: Okay. So you like Joey. What do you need my permission for?

Pacey: I don't know how to say this. I know you two have this long tortured subtext together. I just wanted to make sure that if I were to do something about this like kiss her or whatever that I wouldn't be stepping on any toes.

Dawson: You're my friend. Joey's my friend. I don't care who she kisses. And if it's you so much the better. I mean, my two best friends... kissing... what could be better than that?

Pacey: Great so you're cool with it then?

Dawson: Yeah.

Pacey: Alright Dawson see ya later.

Dawson: No wait I'm not cool with it.

Pacey: You're not.

Dawson: No.

Pacey: So what do we do now?

Dawson: Nothing. Nothing. Cause you know what? I am fine with it. Momentary lapse there. I couldn't be more fine with it. Go ahead. Kiss her. You have my blessing.

Pacey: You're sure this time?

From Season 1 right through to season 6...it is out there...and all the way to the last couple of episodes before the finale, they both struggle with their feelings for the same girl...

Pacey: The only tie that still binds us..is the fact that we're still in love with the same woman
Dawson: It always comes back to that doesn't it?
Pacey: Yes it does!!!
Advi by: Joshuazgirl128
Old 01-02-2007, 08:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

Good morning or afternoon for some lol
Old 01-02-2007, 10:28 AM
Master Fan

Wow...we're still on this conversation? I think that while Pacey 'felt' something for Joey that it was only that one episode in season 1 because after that, it didn't even seem as though they knew each other aside from Pacey taking Joey to the prison to see her father (which doesn't prove anything--because friends do that for each other) the next time the 2 even spoke to each other for longer than 2 tv minutes was the s3 premier

Emily even tho I'm positive I missed you
Old 01-02-2007, 10:37 AM
Loyal Fan

Hi, i know i don't drop in here nearly enuf, i just wanted to add to the wonderful thread that i love pacey and joey. always have, always did, always will. im two episodes away from having watched Dawsons creek from first episode of season1 to last season 6 (sniff) yet again... i like to do it once a year and i love doing it becuase its makes all teh feelings so much more real... especially between pacey and joey. they rock. ! xx
Old 01-02-2007, 10:46 AM
Part-Time Fan

I have watched them all 4 times buut my fave is the Finally of them all <333 love it
Old 01-02-2007, 12:54 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxy_readr3 (View Post)
Wow...we're still on this conversation? I think that while Pacey 'felt' something for Joey that it was only that one episode in season 1 because after that, it didn't even seem as though they knew each other aside from Pacey taking Joey to the prison to see her father (which doesn't prove anything--because friends do that for each other) the next time the 2 even spoke to each other for longer than 2 tv minutes was the s3 premier
Whatever!... moving on...

Looking forward to season 2..lots of good acting and plenty of angst for everyone

Old 01-02-2007, 01:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

You are great with the pics! the first one. Officer Pacey!
Visit DCook & AI
Old 01-02-2007, 02:13 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Jenn you know i missed you, you werent online ALL day yesterday I knew you'd get my point i don't think the p/jo story came full circle from season one cause aside from the snail episode there was only seatbelt action

Hey TDL!!

Old 01-02-2007, 02:17 PM
Master Fan

well seatbelt does equal true love Emily! Duh! anyway, I'm sorry, we had a family dinner yesterday and it was so much fun but I missed you

Katie, I was just wondering if maybe you could respect my opinion as you have asked us to respect yours. You have to give to receive, I don't think it's fair that you get to say "whatever" in response to my posts, but expect us to say something respectful to yours just my opinion, but like Emily said, everyone is allowed to voice their opinion and I don't feel that way right now
Old 01-02-2007, 02:19 PM
Addicted Fan

Thanks Joshuazgirl...gotta love the visual of Dawson's Creek

I've been wanting to say...I love your sig...one of my favorite Pacey lines..
I would have been scared...

Old 01-02-2007, 02:36 PM
Master Fan

After all we're all entitled to our opinions here, this is the home of true love after all and we're all here for P/Jo so lets repect what everyone has to say and treat people like we would all want to be treated.

Jenn I'll forgive you for abandoning me for family, I suppose

Last edited by Emily; 01-02-2007 at 02:44 PM
Old 01-02-2007, 03:00 PM
Master Fan

ok, it was a pretty touch choice actually, sit and talk to Emily...or go be with family--they barely beat you out
Closed Thread   Post New Thread