Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-31-2006, 11:52 PM
Elite Fan

happy new years everyone

flavy, the link I gave has a lot of scenes from episodes

potty, it was the snails episode. Pacey goes to kiss her, but then she turns her head and says she wasn't into it. When you watch season 3, you can see why he is afraid to kiss her or tell her his feelings in 314 because he is afriad of getting rejected again and alludes to it with Jen in 316

what's so funny in the finale, he just goes for it. It's not even like he's afraid of getting rejected

someone made a PJ video from 511 scenes. I love how happy she is when she sees him at the club

YouTube - Pacey & Joey - Something Wild - Music Movie

KH asked about kissing her ex (JJ) in front of the cameras all day:

"Maybe there's a hint of realism?"
Old 01-01-2007, 08:03 AM
Addicted Fan

Goodmorning to the snail and Happy New Year Everyone!!!

I love everyone's thoughts on when they fell in love...it amazes me that this is still good material for discussion, as you can still talk about it and still see many aspects to their... "fairytale".

ITA that they were not..."In Love" in Season 1...

I believe that their..."Love Story" begins in Season 1

the seeds of love are planted..they begin to each see the other in a different light...they begin to move away from their childhood discust for each other and actually begin to like each other..they begin to trade their sarcastic bantor for genuine concern and a realization thet they are much more alike then they knew, and they begin to trust and depend on the other for support. I also believe that how they feel about each other pushes her towards Dawson, her child-like friendship she feels for Dawson she mistakes for love...and she needs to explore how she feels in order to move on to her destiney...her real love..with season 3 taking them through all the twists and turns of star-crossed lovers...who...no matter what.... find themselves always in each others paths...and inch closer and closer to the realization of what is in their hearts...."True Love"....

And their Journey will continue in big ways and in small subtle ways throughout the entire run of the series...with the showrunners and fans realizing that these two are.... just meant to be....and many factors played into how this eventually turned out to be....a Lovestory about Pacey and Joey..rather than Joey and Dawson...with the number one factor being the amazing chemistry between Josh and Katie at the helm.

This is definitely one of the best lovestories played out on television ever!!!
Advi by: Joshuazgirl128
Old 01-01-2007, 10:59 AM
Passionate Fan

i love the video!

ITA Katie, you put it just right, very well said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieNap (View Post)
This is definitely one of the best lovestories played out on television ever!!!
So so true! And for that they are my ultimate tv couple, i have other ships but P/J will always be my favorite and one of the best!
Old 01-01-2007, 11:45 AM
Master Fan

Happy New Years Everyone hope everyone had a great time last night

PJ is definitely in my Top 3 favorite couples I just like how they went from enemies-friends-lovers and that they weren't supposed to fall in love--I think that's the biggest thing for me, I always go for the underdogs and this is no different
Old 01-01-2007, 11:45 AM
Master Fan

Happy New Years Everyone!!

Quote:
her child-like friendship she feels for Dawson she mistakes for love...and she needs to explore how she feels in order to moveon to her destiney
I wouldn't really agree, I dont think their love story began in season one at all, i'd agree they were friends and their was banter, but i think Joey did love Dawson and I don't think it was a mistake at all! I think they were very much in love and I think that past relationships are how we learn to develop new ones. I think that Dawson will always be Joey's first love and Andie will always be Pacey's first love, I think if we were to ignore otherwise that we mustn't have watched season one and two Don't get me wrong I love P/Jo and I love their relationship but I don't think they were 'destined', they became better friends in season three and built trust there that sparked something more. They fell in love, they were both there for each other and built a mature loving relationship but thats just my opinion

Old 01-01-2007, 12:00 PM
Master Fan

great post Emily...I couldn't agree more. I just think that every relationship we have in life is an important one and to downplay anyone of them is rewriting history...like you said Pacey and Andie were indeed in love as were Dawson and Joey, watching their goofy smiles when they're around each other in s1 and s2 proves that. However, people do date other people especially when they're in high school, there's not a rule out there that says a person can only date and fall in love with one person
Old 01-01-2007, 12:16 PM
Master Fan

Thanks Jenn and ita with what your saying, I don't think you could say that they each only ever loved each other, part of growing up is developing all kinds of relationships and Dawson and Pacey are not the only people Joey has ever loved. I do agree that the P/Jo love story is one of the best love stories

Old 01-01-2007, 12:45 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieNap (View Post)

ITA that they were not..."In Love" in Season 1...

I believe that their..."Love Story" begins in Season 1

her child-like friendship she feels for Dawson she mistakes for love...

Emily I feel to pull one sentence out of my entire post changes the meaning of... "my opinion"

and I think the Dialog from the series finale speaks the same opinion...

Joey: You know, for the record, I-- [Sniffles] I don't want to be let off the hook. Because everything in my life that I've done has led me here... right now, and the last thing I want, need, or deserve is to be let off somebody's hook.

Pacey: Please don't miss my point here 'cause—

Joey: And don't miss mine. Pacey... I love you. You know that. And it's very real. It's so real that it's kept me moving, mostly running from it, never ready for it.

And I love Dawson. He's my soul mate. He's tied to my childhood, and it's a love that is pure and eternally innocent.

I can't be let off the hook because I might just get the notion that it's ok to keep running.

When I speak of my opinion of the Pacey/Joey lovestory it is not to take away from any other relationships they may have had, of course every experience you have in your life builds on who you are, what you become in life and who you wind up with in the end...so... All of the loves in your life have meaning on some level...

I feel that this thread is the appropriate place to "Believe"... in the Pacey/Joey
Love story and express that belief in dialog, deconstruction and beautiful pics...
so I am sorry if anyone here takes offense of my opinions
Old 01-01-2007, 12:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree that they weren't always in love. But I like that. Pacey said himself you can find love again in the strangest of places. That tells you he wasn't exactly expecting to fall for Joey. And I definitely agree that you can fall for someone you never expected too.
Visit DCook & AI
Old 01-01-2007, 01:02 PM
Master Fan

I didn't take any offence at all to your post, and I wasn't trying to pull one sentence from your post and state that as your overall point, i just disagree with that certain sentence. I've always been a P/Jer but I don't think that their love story began in season 1, because lets face it all of season one and two is Joey pining over Dawson as Jenn said
Quote:
watching their goofy smiles when they're around each other in s1 and s2 proves that.
All I'm saying is that i don't think that she ever mistook her childhood friendship with Dawson for love, I think she did in fact love him and it didn't work out. I don't think that sentence in the finale ' Dawson is my soulmate. He's tied to my childhood, and it's a love that is pure and eternally innocent' means she mistook her relationship with Dawson for real love.

Quote:
I feel that this thread is the appropriate place to "Believe"... in the Pacey/Joey
Love story and express that belief in dialog, deconstruction and beautiful pics...
so I am sorry if anyone here takes offense of my opinions
Of course it is and it has been since the first P/Jo thread We are all entitled to our own opinions

Old 01-01-2007, 02:59 PM
Addicted Fan

I personally love everyones deconstruction...I think sometimes it lets us see all sides to the coin

I just love season 1 P/J...TBS has been airing season 1 and it makes you remember why we love these two scrappy underdogs who begin their Journey of the heart, right before our eyes...

Right from their first frame together...they lit up the screen with their signature bantor and amazing chemistry
"He grabbed my ass...you don't even have an ass"

and as we follow them throughout this season their friendship, concern for each other, and eventual sparks, start to build an amazing relationship that slowly evolves and smolders intensely for the next 5 seasons...

"Joey is finally noticing the opposite sex" who would of thought that the passion of discust would take such a strong hold...

What a love story..."Pervert and the Prude"

A quiet concern for each other starts to take hold of them....

they relate to each other in a way Dawson would never understand...

She's the only girl at the moment...that verbally challenges him...

He starts to love the chase...

She starts to notice the bigger biceps..LOL

He starts to want her around...the friendship he is feeling is starting to shift

and he keeps a closer eye on her then Dawson...

He tries to remain casual with their friendship

but she's getting under his skin!!

and He's now noticing her skin...

The love bug is biting...as much as it does for 15 year olds

For both of them...she is also seeing him in a different light

and the seeds are being planted....as their friendship grows deeper...

His feelings have grown enough...to want to make a move...

and he's off to the races

only she's confused...and not quite ready to understand what she's feeling for her nemesis...She is having a crush on her childhood friend at the moment and hasn't figured those feelings out

and he is not happy about the unrealistic hold Dawson has on her...Dawson seems to be oblivious to his feelings and doesn't even notice her crush...

and he challenges him....."you don't want her...but you don't want anyone else to have her either" He wants to be the anyone

and he begins to surpress his feelings...keeping his distance from this sticky situation

and they will continue to be there for each other...supporting one another in times of their youthful crisis'

and we begin to see....he's in it for the long haul...and she will begin her jouney towards him...leaning on him...knowing that she never needs to be someone else around him...confident in his friendship...with seeds of an even deeper connection being planted...

and their bond will lay dormant...as they follow their hearts in other directions...making their way through their adolecent changes of the heart...
till the floodgates open and they find themselves enveloped in each others lives again.....and then... "their journey of the heart"... will continue...
Old 01-01-2007, 06:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanx for the pics! They really were quite adorable!
Visit DCook & AI
Old 01-01-2007, 09:08 PM
Elite Fan

hi everyone. I love how we all have different opinions. I like this thread and hope everyone feels comfortable posting even if we agree differently I am not offended at all

Happy new year everyone

This is just my opinion. When Joey says she's always known, she said it was since the triangle that began in season 3. I don't think she was talking about before that

found one of my favorite PJ scenes on youtube. I love this scene from Boyfriend. I love when she is drunk, she gets all touchy and flirty with him. hee

YouTube - Pacey & Joey - Boyfriend - Moments 5

the PJ scenes from 617 are up too. You can hear her moan in the middle of the kissing on the couch. LOL

YouTube - Dawson's Creek - #617 clips - part 2

beautiful pics katie

Old 01-01-2007, 11:13 PM
Passionate Fan

Katie, i loved the whole picture w/ captions thing, very good!

Ok i have to say that im not one to think they were in love or anything during Seasons 1&2 but i do think that they developed a friendship and after Double Date i think Pacey had a crush on her obviously since he kissed her. I dont think however that she had feelings for him other than that she and him were friends and that was good enough at the moment since she was in love with Dawson. Now i dont think she wasnt in love with Dawson, i just think she had a different kind of love for him. And i think the crush kind of faded for Pacey when he fell in love with Andie. I'm not a hater of the P/A relationship cuz i think she changed Pacey a lot and did a lot for him. Which made him better for Joey when they got together. But not that Pacey was a loser in the beginning though.
So i agree that the previous relationships helped both of them in away come together.

I love Boyfriend! The first time we see Drunk Joey! And as usual Pacey is there to watch her, he tended to be there a lot for Drunk Joey thoughout the series.
Old 01-02-2007, 12:47 AM
Elite Fan

thanks Lindsey. I like when she says he's a terrific friend too

going to sleep. Goodnight everyone

Closed Thread   Post New Thread